9 - Robert Lewandowski

Kul_z

Yeah, who cares about how we do in the present, we were once the best team in the world and should just reminisce over that forever. Who cares if other teams thump us regularly now?

Point is that pep barca was unplayable, humiliated all of europe elite clubs and after we fell everybody wanted to bite hard and have their 'revenge'. What i dont understand is why are double standards with us, we played best football by a margin in every era when we were winning, gave football world a lot, beautiful attacking patterns and now when we could yet again become competitive, all those cockroaches fans of other clubs emerge crying how can they do this or that. Well, fuck you thats how.

ajnotkeith

Point is that pep barca was unplayable, humiliated all of europe elite clubs and after we fell everybody wanted to bite hard and have their 'revenge'. What i dont understand is why are double standards with us, we played best football by a margin in every era when we were winning, gave football world a lot, beautiful attacking patterns and now when we could yet again become competitive, all those cockroaches fans of other clubs emerge crying how can they do this or that. Well, fuck you thats how.

That's very true and our peak was a beautiful thing, but as fans we have sat through season after season of disappointment whilst supporting this club recently and watching every game so tbh the fact we were once unplayable doesn't give me much comfort in the present. Longevity is more important imo.

10 great years > 2 elite ones imo (for example).

serghei

That's very true and our peak was a beautiful thing, but as fans we have sat through season after season of disappointment whilst supporting this club recently and watching every game so tbh the fact we were once unplayable doesn't give me much comfort in the present. Longevity is more important imo.

The argument was for why other clubs hate Barca. Of course present is most important by far.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
https://www.reddit.com/r/chelseafc/comments/w4auml/new_chelsea_fc_owners_raise_800mn_of_debt_to/

Chelsea reshaping club with loan

People have double standards for Barca. It's like taking loan is the worst thing in the world or selling part of the team. (Bayern)

It's a joke.

Yeah, they generally hate debt and are very proud of their zero-debt status and often flaunt it as some sort of a status. Perhaps they are in general risk-aversion kind of people, which is perfectly fine. But come on, don't be so hypocritical, when they talk about how they shun business, money, capital whatever when they sold 25% of their club for a lot of money (277m one or two decade ago is worth a lot more than today) and when they seek to strike deals with sponsors everywhere to maximize their revenue, at the same time underpaying their academy coaches (no wonder they suck, they just stole a La Masia talent from us).

Hypocrisy knows no bounds at a certain location on Saebener Strasse.

Kul_z

Yes, and now when we finally after seasons of disapointments have something to look forward to, fanbases of other clubs are crying on our financial situation and how we can do this while they cant look in their own garden. So, fuck them. About longevity i agree, we have good mix of players that we can build on that could last for decade. Lets hope we continue in that direction

pers

lewa is 34 next month and he signed a 4 year deal. eek

There are rumors here in Poland that he sign 4 year contract but it can be terminated after 2 years and Barca will have to pay the last 2 years. It seems stupid at first sign but they explain it was done to make his yearly salary as low as possible for obvious reason. They say we should consider that he signed 2 year contract. 9M per year for such player is not what you would expect especially that in Bayer he got like 13-14M net.

Temptation

Bits from RL9 interview:

On being a leader and working with youngsters:

"I try to be a leader on the field. I try to help my teammates. I know a lot with my experience and what I learned in Football having worked with so many top coaches. When I first saw Pedri, Gavi and Ansu Fati I knew they had great potential. I see them growing with every game."

On Barca the club and the transfer:

"Barcelona are a big club with history but last few years there were big problems here. When I faced Barca it was very easy to play. Seeing how much the club wanted to sign was a big sign for me. Alemany and Laporta wanted me so badly, they would do anything for me. It was the right time for Barca to unite with me. One thing is sure: Barca's place is at the top and I aim to bring great happiness and spirit to the fans."

On adapting to La Liga and difference to Bundesliga:

"In the La Liga you don't have to run as much as in the Bundesliga. If we compare La Liga and Bundesliga, I think Bundesliga is stronger in terms of speed and movement without the ball. La Liga is more about skills and keeping the ball. I'm a very flexible player who can easily adapt to any style of play- whether with short passes or long passes. I'm not afraid of anything and ready for a new challenges always. I'm here to show people my skills and greatness."

It's safe to say that Lewy has a pretty high opinion of himself. Typical Lewy interview. Man's raring to go!
[MENTION=28305]Blackened[/MENTION] would have a field day with this interview. :lol:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans