9 - Robert Lewandowski

Temptation

Why not? I follow Lewy wherever he goes. Only if he goes to PSG, Chelsea, MC and few others I would had hard time to follow him.

Just saying. Was surfing through the Bayern forum(occasionally visit it although the forum is kinda dead) and saw your post. When you see a familiar username it just catches the eye. Fair play.

KingLeo10

If he scores 50 goals for us this season and we win LL and go deep in CL, will happily accept my L on this one.

Tremendous player. Teams haven't had fear factor of us since prime Messi (which we saw last of in 18-19), and prime Suarez (which we saw last of in 16-17).

Temptation

If he scores 50 goals for us this season and we win LL and go deep in CL, will happily accept my L on this one.

Tremendous player. Teams haven't had fear factor of us since prime Messi (which we saw last of in 18-19), and prime Suarez (which we saw last of in 16-17).

50 in all comps??

I'd guess 45 plus in all comps if he has no injuries. But wouldn't be surprised one bit if he got 50 plus tbh. For club and country, he will probably get it.

I'm excited to see if RL9 can have a good World Cup.

Temptation

Also should be noted that out of the top 5 leagues, apart from Serie A, La Liga is easily the least physical/slowest league of the lot.

So that should help RL9 in coping with potential physical decline and regressing fitness.

KingLeo10

50 in all comps??

I'd guess 45 plus in all comps if he has no injuries. But wouldn't be surprised one bit if he got 50 plus tbh. For club and country, he will probably get it.

I think 50 is a possibility now considering how often he gets in goal scoring situations. He could have had 4 yesterday with better luck :lol:

Realistically he gets 40+ but 50 is a good possibility barring injuries.

Temptation

I think 50 is a possibility now considering how often he gets in goal scoring situations. He could have had 4 yesterday with better luck :lol:

Realistically he gets 40+ but 50 is a good possibility barring injuries.

We're yet to see how he does in the UCL with this Barca team though. Can he replicate his amazing UCL form from the last few years in a brand new setup?

This Barca team and it's players are totally untested in CL level except the likes of Busquets, MATS and Alba.

Andresito

Staff member
Also should be noted that out of the top 5 leagues, apart from Serie A, La Liga is easily the least physical/slowest league of the lot.

As if that's a measurable factor. It's not like Lewy is scoring his goals due to the defenders' supposed lack of physique.

"Easily". I guess you watch the average game in every top 5 league to make that assessment.

Temptation

As if that's a measurable factor. It's not like Lewy is scoring his goals due to the defenders' supposed lack of physique.

"Easily". I guess you watch the average game in every top 5 league to make that assessment.

It's actually pretty easy to assess after watching the leagues.

PL and Bundesliga are extremely physical and fast paced. Very prominently physical leagues.

French League is pretty damn physical too.

Serie A and La Liga are visibly slower and less physical than these leagues.

Doesn't take a genius to figure this out. You only need to watch a few games to understand it.

I watch a lot of PL, Bundesliga and Serie A anyways so....

Andresito

Staff member
It's actually pretty easy to assess after watching the leagues.

PL and Bundesliga are extremely physical and fast paced. Very prominently physical leagues.

French League is pretty damn physical too.

Serie A and La Liga are visibly slower and less physical than these leagues.

Doesn't take a genius to figure this out. You only need to watch a few games to understand it.

I watch a lot of PL, Bundesliga and Serie A anyways so....

That's more of a tactical viewpoint rather than a generalization of the individual defender. And it has no direct contribution to how good or bad the defending is i.e how hard or easy it is to score in that particular league.

High paced hawaii football in Bundesliga opens up a lot of space for attackers to exploit, which may or may not be why a guy like Paco looked good there. Then if a defender benches 100 kgs or runs fast AF doesn't matter if he sux in general defending.

Temptation

That's more of a tactical viewpoint rather than a generalization of the individual defender. And it has no direct contribution to how good or bad the defending is i.e how hard or easy it is to score in that particular league.

High paced hawaii football in Bundesliga opens up a lot of space for attackers to exploit, which may or may not be why a guy like Paco looked good there. Then if a defender benches 100 kgs or runs fast AF doesn't matter if he sux in general defending.

My assessment here wasn't about hard or easy to score though.

It was more to do with the speed and intensity in the leagues.

Kinda makes sense that old players do so well in the Italian league even after looking past it in other leagues....

odrzut

50 in all comps??

Polish NT is coached by Michniewicz right now. The guy is Simeone wannabe, park the bus and wait for 1 counter attack is his philosophy. Doubt Lewy will have a lot of goals there :(

Temptation

Polish NT is coached by Michniewicz right now. The guy is Simeone wannabe, park the bus and wait for 1 counter attack is his philosophy. Doubt Lewy will have a lot of goals there :(

It's actually a decent strategy for their team.

Paolo Sousa was way too attacking and their dross defense got exposed against everybody.

The Polish defense crumbles like a biscuit dipped in super hot milk the moment it's exposed to attackers.

Shithousing games and hitting the opponents on the counter with Zielinski, Cash and RL9 seems to be the most result oriented approach for Poland NT.

There's also a great wide player in Zalewski developing at Roma who has great pace and decision making/passing.

Imo the current guy is better for the team than Sousa even though Sousa played pretty attractive Football. Also he speaks Polish so easier communication.

As it is, Simeone tactics suit the awful Football that international Footy generally produces.

Joan

If you set your bars that high, you'll never have to take an L :lol:

What was your position on Lewa?

I predicted more than 25 goals in the league, should get there.

Home of Barca Fans