9 - Samuel Eto'o

gazza

When I joined this forum, and mind you I am new here, I thought I was joining a group of Barca fans. Now I am realizing that instead, I joined individual Barca's players' fans where each member of the forum has his/her own favorite player. Let me ask you, if or when your player moves on to another team will Barca lose your loyalty as well?
IN THAT CASE THERE AREN'T TRUE BARCA FANS ON THIS FORUM.

Joby this is the players chat forum we all have our favorite players surely you do !
No is your answer my loyalty lies with Barca first and foremost players come and go Barca is here till the day i die.

J

joby

And by the way, citing statistics isn't going to tell the story. Eto'o was the most lethal striker in the world in the 2005-2006 season. And yet his goal-scoring statistics are pretty much the same as they are now. As in, goals per game. And yet, he was a whole different class of player in 05-06 than he is now. Because back then he created somethings from nothing. He scored important goals, and he scored goals that weren't merely mishits and bounces off his hips. When he had the ball he didn't take 8 touches and wait for the defender, before hitting it at the keeper.
I hope you know that Eto'o was the man at Mallorca. This dude was a complete player while at Mallorca. Madrid regrets silently for letting him go. Look here Sir. you take one key player out that team and we are in trouble. You name him Iniesta, Eto'o, Puyol, Xavi, Messi, Henry,... Just like in any football team when you have your best 11 on the pitch you are confident that your team will put up a good fight.
Close your eyes and think that for a major game Iniesta and Xavi are not available to play.
Why don't you tell us what makes Barca the best team in the world. I will tell you it has nothing to do with one player or even those players. If you have good management you will find the best players to make up a the best team.
Over to you...

J

joby

Joby this is the players chat forum we all have our favorite players surely you do !
No is your answer my loyalty lies with Barca first and foremost players come and go Barca is here till the day i die.
Well I agree with but would you really want to bring one of your players down to show that the next player is better?

beef-supreme

When I joined this forum, and mind you I am new here, I thought I was joining a group of Barca fans. Now I am realizing that instead, I joined individual Barca's players' fans where each member of the forum has his/her own favorite player. Let me ask you, if or when your player moves on to another team will Barca lose your loyalty as well?

What on earth are you talking about?
What i was saying in the post where you quoted me is the exact opposite of what you're "accusing" me of - I'm saying that I have no particular favouritism towards Eto'o, and instead i would like him to leave FOR THE BETTER OF THE CLUB. I want Eto'o to leave because he is no longer contributing what he did in the past. Because ultimately, I am loyal to FC Barcelona and to no particular player. In fact I don't even have, and have never had, a favourite Barcelona player.

Before you start making premature judgements before this forum, and making accusations and questioning our loyalty, learn to read and comprehend. There is nothing disloyal about discussing and debating individual players. It's called intellectual discussion. Unlike what you're doing...

beef-supreme

And before you say anything more, I am merely arguing that Eto'o is not what he used to be, and his time at Barca, in my honest opinion, should be over. I think that the same thing happened to Ronaldinho. I like Eto'o. And I like Ronaldinho. But every player has to go. And more than anything, if Eto'o scores a goal, I celebrate like it were the best thing on earth, because when ANY barca player scores, it means equally as much as me. I just think Eto'o isn't 100% anymore. That's all.

beef-supreme

I hope you know that Eto'o was the man at Mallorca. This dude was a complete player while at Mallorca. Madrid regrets silently for letting him go. Look here Sir. you take one key player out that team and we are in trouble. You name him Iniesta, Eto'o, Puyol, Xavi, Messi, Henry,... Just like in any football team when you have your best 11 on the pitch you are confident that your team will put up a good fight.
Close your eyes and think that for a major game Iniesta and Xavi are not available to play.
Why don't you tell us what makes Barca the best team in the world. I will tell you it has nothing to do with one player or even those players. If you have good management you will find the best players to make up a the best team.
Over to you...

I'm sorry but you have some serious issues. I NEVER on one occasion refuted the fact that Eto'o was a great striker. In fact, if you cared to open your eyes and you read my posts, you'll see that i wrote that Eto'o was the best striker in the world. Yes, he WAS the man at Mallorca. He was also THE MAN at Barca. But that was many years ago. Oddly enough, if we followed your logic, Alfredo di Stefano, currently aged 82, would be the best striker in the world. Did you know that players CHANGE over time? They age, they lose their skills and pace? Grow a brain...

maz

I walk the line
Its fair enough if u present a case for why u disagree with someone about their opinion of a player, but dont say that having an opinion about a player doesnt make u a cule.

There is a difference between cheering the team on matchday, and expressing your opinion of each player outside of matchday. I dont like people that boo during the game...it doesnt provide anything useful. But if people want to talk about the bad points of a player during the rest of the week then they can do that. Its what laporta and txiki do when they assess whether to give a player a new contract. Its what the newspapers do to sell stories. Its what pep when he decides to not give a player much game time or decided to put a player as a regular starter. Are any of those not cules?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Its fair enough if u present a case for why u disagree with someone about their opinion of a player, but dont say that having an opinion about a player doesnt make u a cule.

There is a difference between cheering the team on matchday, and expressing your opinion of each player outside of matchday. I dont like people that boo during the game...it doesnt provide anything useful. But if people want to talk about the bad points of a player during the rest of the week then they can do that. Its what laporta and txiki do when they assess whether to give a player a new contract. Its what the newspapers do to sell stories. Its what pep when he decides to not give a player much game time or decided to put a player as a regular starter. Are any of those not cules?

Good point there maz!

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
When he got his chance to score, there was a shine of the old Sammy. created it all by himself, and the finishing was not even that bad actually.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Yes, surely zqa.

But the way he created it; ball control and he loses one defender, between Terry's legs, Alex beaten in the box like he was a six year old and then a shot in the nearest corner.

If you said that prior to the game to me, I would be very pleased bearing his last game's performances in mind.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
20090430p011spo.jpg

Eto: "I`ll never return to Madrid"

Evil

Shabazz
Yes, surely zqa.

But the way he created it; ball control and he loses one defender, between Terry's legs, Alex beaten in the box like he was a six year old and then a shot in the nearest corner.

If you said that prior to the game to me, I would be very pleased bearing his last game's performances in mind.

Imagine that went in ?! Would have been goal of the season.

Home of Barca Fans