9 - Samuel Eto'o

maz

I walk the line
How can you say that about a guy who has 32 goals to his name, and with 10 games left in the season..
Because he's having a bad period, he's all of a sudden past his prime? Jeez, come on.
Watch eto'o on the pitch. Watch him all season. He has lost his touch. He has scored perhaps 5 goals this season that are similar to ones he scored in 2004-06. Athletic, valladolid, and a few others. The rest have gone in off his thigh, or hit the keeper and gone in, or a lucky deflection has put it in his path and he tapped it in. Yes those numbers are great, but they dont tell the whole story. His conversion rate has been very very low. Would the eto'o of 2006 have missed that chance against sevilla where he was basically one on one? He took about 5 touches, let another defender come back, and eventually his shot was blocked.

He has been outstanding for the club. I love him. He is my favourite fcb player without a doubt. However his era is over. Perhaps he will get better if he stays another season. For a striker that once had his touch its possible. But when u look at his form before his injury and after his injury, they have almost been two different players. Its a testament to our midfield that he has scored so many, because i'd say he has about 4 opportunities a game on average, and scores 1 of them. Imagine if he scored just one more a game. That would double his conversion rate and he'd have 40+ goals. For eto'o to have scored that many goals in the league this season was entirely possible. However he was the one required to put away the chances made by our midfield and also messi/henry, but he hasnt done it.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
But to be honest, both Henry and Bojan have missed incredibly easy chances too, I don't know if they missed as much as Eto'o (conversion rate maz speaks of) but I think it all comes down to his ball control, if he gets it back, he'll be scoring at least twice a match, hehehehehe...

beef-supreme

But to be honest, both Henry and Bojan have missed incredibly easy chances too, I don't know if they missed as much as Eto'o (conversion rate maz speaks of) but I think it all comes down to his ball control, if he gets it back, he'll be scoring at least twice a match, hehehehehe...

But I don't really trust that he will get back. Effectively he has just gone downhill since the 05-06 season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I´m beginning to wonder does he even deserve a new contract. Looking at Villa, I saw the willpower, determination, speed.. everything that I want in a striker

maz

I walk the line
Well sammy did track back alot today and won the ball many times. He also pushes the full backs wide and forces them to make errors.

E

Esteve

Quite poor tonight apart from the constant pressure that Maz mentioned. I'm not mad about Villa though, he behaved like a little prick tonight, throwing himself on the ground, putting pressure on the officials, giving out to Barca players for any sort of contact made....

FiReFTW

Well sammy did track back alot today and won the ball many times. He also pushes the full backs wide and forces them to make errors.

Hey I like him too , and I liked him aswell , but its getting clearer with every match that Eto isn't a shadow of his past self anymore , you have to admit it.

maz

I walk the line
Quite poor tonight apart from the constant pressure that Maz mentioned. I'm not mad about Villa though, he behaved like a little prick tonight, throwing himself on the ground, putting pressure on the officials, giving out to Barca players for any sort of contact made....
He isnt always like that. He was infront of the home crowd playing against the best team in europe. The team needed to win to put the team in 3rd place ahead of sevilla. Yeah he was a prick but dont hold that against him.

Referring to his play, he did track back occassionally but it was nothing compared to what eto'o did.

Zqa-

Whatever happened to him? So lethal in front of goal earlier this season, and now.... Didn't get much last night because of our midfield getting raped, but still. Lots of hard work as mentioned, which was good. Still leading pichichi.

Home of Barca Fans