9 - Samuel Eto'o

J

joby

Well yeah, he's pretty lucky right now to be at the best team in the world.

Pretty lucky? What exactly makes the best team in the world if not all of its players. Let's put Messi in Numancia and watch that team become the best over Barca right? :flagvl8:

Last edited:

beef-supreme

Pretty lucky? What exactly makes the best team in the world if not all of its players. Let's put Messi in Numancia and watch that team become the best over Barca right? :flagvl8:

So does that mean Jorquera is also one of the best players in the world? Or Hleb, Sylvinho etc.? Eto'o may have have been the world's best striker before, in fact i do believe he was. But now it's just his past that's keeping him here, his past reputation and the inability to find someone to replace him. And also his great run of form in the pre-season. He is lucky to stay in the club because he is not what he used to be, he is not the best striker in the world - he misses far too many chances and he has a poor first touch. He runs into trouble so much.

Evil

Shabazz
So does that mean Jorquera is also one of the best players in the world? Or Hleb, Sylvinho etc.? Eto'o may have have been the world's best striker before, in fact i do believe he was. But now it's just his past that's keeping him here, his past reputation and the inability to find someone to replace him. And also his great run of form in the pre-season. He is lucky to stay in the club because he is not what he used to be, he is not the best striker in the world - he misses far too many chances and he has a poor first touch. He runs into trouble so much.

?? Find me a striker than scored 27 goals in 30 matches so far, and 16 goals in 18 matches last season (after coming back from a serious injury) and I'll agree with you.

He may not be the best finisher or the most skillfull, but he's a goal scoring machine, you have to give him that.

shadows

Here's a guy who has scored 126 goals in 190 odd games for us ..and you guys find fault with him just because he has a sudden dip in form :lol::lol:..Fuck villa and everyone els/// i dont think there's any one to match his goal scoring ability in Spain..

Lucky to stay with us ..haha..Ask most of them during mid season...and they would have told you that the best signing done in post season last year by Pep was in retaining Eto'o!!!

beef-supreme

?? Find me a striker than scored 27 goals in 30 matches so far, and 16 goals in 18 matches last season (after coming back from a serious injury) and I'll agree with you.

He may not be the best finisher or the most skillfull, but he's a goal scoring machine, you have to give him that.

Eto'o doesn't score because he's the best finisher, he scores because this Barcelona team create more chances than any other team in the world. Put Villa in Barca and he'll have 50 goals in 30 matches. Eto'o is like Adebayor - so many goals but so many more wasted chances. This isn't a dip in Eto'o's form shadows, Eto'o has not been the same since the Werder Bremen injury.

beef-supreme

And by the way, citing statistics isn't going to tell the story. Eto'o was the most lethal striker in the world in the 2005-2006 season. And yet his goal-scoring statistics are pretty much the same as they are now. As in, goals per game. And yet, he was a whole different class of player in 05-06 than he is now. Because back then he created somethings from nothing. He scored important goals, and he scored goals that weren't merely mishits and bounces off his hips. When he had the ball he didn't take 8 touches and wait for the defender, before hitting it at the keeper.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
The bottom line with Eto'o is that in 14 months he can just walk away as a free agent and we won't get a penny for him. In the current economic climate that would be maddness. I think he'll leave for around £15mil with that in mind.

gazza

We couldn't find a replacement ! ! Villa could have been prized away from Valencia they are up to the proverbial eyeballs in debt.

J

joby

When I joined this forum, and mind you I am new here, I thought I was joining a group of Barca fans. Now I am realizing that instead, I joined individual Barca's players' fans where each member of the forum has his/her own favorite player. Let me ask you, if or when your player moves on to another team will Barca lose your loyalty as well?
IN THAT CASE THERE AREN'T TRUE BARCA FANS ON THIS FORUM.

Home of Barca Fans