9 - Samuel Eto'o

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
4th highest Barca scorer of all time. Well done, how many people would have been expecting to say that in 2004 from RCD Mallorca ?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Was Eto'o playing against Chelsea? Did anybody else see him? He was just sooooooo NOT playing any good. OMG, this was maybe his 6th game in a row where he did nothing at all (besides stressing the defence with his running up front, but we could get somebody else for that - we need a world class striker!).

M.L. King

The Preacher
Eto'o has many problems with ball control, but he did sacrifice himself in other terms of football. Namely, he constantly helped our midfield putting pressure, plus sometimes he even came back to defence. He ran a lot and thus I cannot say he had an overall bad game. Yes he didn't produce anything in offence, but was a huge help in terms of defending, especially when Abidal got sent off for recklessness.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
His ball control in the 92th minute was so bad even Essien couldn't control the ball afterwards himself!

And bang, iniesta scores. :lol:

gazza

Yeah Eto'o is going throught a bad patch at the moment, he is still our top scorer.
He was never going to get any space to exploit last night the way Chelsea were set up,had is back to the goal most of the night.
But he worked hard for the team.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
He is just going through a bad time but his contribution in midfield is great.
As long as he plays with such passion I wouldn`t consider any other options for a world class goalscorer.

maz

I walk the line
How many goalless matches now?
3, which isnt much. He scored vs sevilla. He definitely did get aroudn last night but he has had a poor touch most of the season and in particular recently he has been very bad with the ball. Its starting to come to the point where we have to decide do we have a CF that presses, or one that scores. Because not many strikers will come in and have eto'o's workrate, but there are others (e.g. villa) that are more clinical at the moment.

Funnily enough one striker who is still a great finisher and has alot of workrate is none other than henry.

Zqa-

Oh yeah, true. I thought it was 6-8 matches.

He should slow down sometimes, so he can be more focused and fresh when he needs to grab a goal ;)

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
eto'o's problem has always been composure.

when he has to act on instinct (e.g. his goal in the ramon sanchez this season) it's a goal 9/10. but when he has to think about it, he usually fluffs his lines or just about manages to scuff it in (e.g. his goal vs. sevilla at camp nou this season).

the one exception to this rule is the 2006 CL final, and thank fuck for that!

it's time for him to move on, IMO. he's come out and said that barca is only work to him, so let's be equally clinical with him and treat him as an employee whose weaknesses are becoming a hindrance to the team (ffs dani feels more comfortable crossing to midget bojan than eto'o). I love the guy and wish him all the best, but we need something more.

aRegularAce

eto'o's problem has always been composure.

when he has to act on instinct (e.g. his goal in the ramon sanchez this season) it's a goal 9/10. but when he has to think about it, he usually fluffs his lines or just about manages to scuff it in (e.g. his goal vs. sevilla at camp nou this season).

the one exception to this rule is the 2006 CL final, and thank fuck for that!

it's time for him to move on, IMO. he's come out and said that barca is only work to him, so let's be equally clinical with him and treat him as an employee whose weaknesses are becoming a hindrance to the team (ffs dani feels more comfortable crossing to midget bojan than eto'o). I love the guy and wish him all the best, but we need something more.

Yep, totally agree

F

FCB_Titi_LB

We should have BoM -> Bad man of the match...not really PTC but when you have stats on the worst performances perhaps we could argument easier to let go of a player
Bom = Bum of the Match

Home of Barca Fans