Adama Traore

Joan

He should not be a starter, as Dembele should not (but was because he got his minutes those rare times he was fit). When he plays he should be isolated on one flank against one man and force the opponents to move so that better Barcelona players can get the ball in better positions.

Maybe some other season when we have plenty of useful options in attack, some of which offer pace, direct play, and agility, until then Dembele should absolutely be a starter. When available, of course, due to injuries or decision by the club. Xavi uses his wingers wide on flanks to provide width and trusts most of playmaking with fullbacks. That role suits Dembele and should, on paper, suit Adama. But I'm unsure about his quality to produce much from there.

While we're at it, if you don't mind, what is your starting eleven with players Barca has at the moment?

Last edited:

Bobo32

Maybe some other season when we have plenty of useful options in attack, some of which offer pace, direct play, and agility, until then Dembele should absolutely be a starter. When available, of course, due to injuries or decision by the club. Xavi uses his wingers wide on flanks to provide width and trusts most of playmaking with fullbacks. That role suits Dembele and should, on paper, suit Adama. But I'm unsure about his quality to produce much from there.

While we're at it, if you don't mind, what is your starting eleven with players Barca has at the moment?

Sure, with the 2022 squad Dembele is good enough to start a lot, albeit not good enough to motivate his wage compared to the alternatives I cannot think

MatS
Alves-Garcia-Frenkie-Alba
Busquets
Gavi-Puig
Torres-Fati-Pedri

Although I don't believe in "starting elevens" that much and see a place for Araujo, Nico, Pique, Dembele/Traore and some others in a lot of games too, and I think different systems could work too. These are the players I prefer though.

Joan

Sure, with the 2022 squad Dembele is good enough to start a lot, albeit not good enough to motivate his wage compared to the alternatives I cannot think

MatS
Alves-Garcia-Frenkie-Alba
Busquets
Gavi-Puig
Torres-Fati-Pedri

Although I don't believe in "starting elevens" that much and see a place for Araujo, Nico, Pique, Dembele/Traore and some others in a lot of games too, and I think different systems could work too. These are the players I prefer though.

That's what I wanted to ask. Of course it depends on plenty of things. Thanks!

Andresito

Staff member
OK.
Watch this then...

He will make a perfect wing-back IMO whenever Xavi plays with wing-backs
He can even make a decent full-back with some additional instruction

lol, you're joking right? It's just a 1v1 race against a too confident Lamptey trying to outpace Adama. Not some masterclass defending.

There's been talk of that positional change since Lucho was here. It's not some revolutionizing idea nobody thought of.
He left 7 years ago. You're saying nobody realized his untapped potential to play further back on the pitch and instead they kept playing him at RW where he produced close to nothing in terms of G/A.

Porque

If he could do that consistently for 90 minutes then he is half way to being a fullback. But could he manage it? Would he lose his explosiveness in attack? How is his stamina to maintain defence and offense for 90 minutes. I know it is cliche, but he may have to drop some muscle mass.

Don't see it happening and also don't think we are the type of club (lack of elite data, nutritional management at face appearance - but could be wrong). And that is not bringing into equation his football IQ, positioning and quickness of processing passing outlets.

He is here to follow the rumour of what Abde brings and take that up a notch. Someone that can hug the line, receive the ball infront of the fullback and individually get behind them, and deliver a ball of hope into the box. It isn't intricate, nor intelligent attacking, but it is the shortest route of success that Xavi has chosen for the goals of this season. I hope it isn't a long term thing.

We should probably forget the pursuit of a 9 now, put Ferran there and buckle our pride with Dembele. Dembele/Abde/Adama for the two wide spots with Ferran as a false9 and Braithwaite and Depay as backups should be enough for our pursuit of 4th, and a Europa League. Then next season, all eggs in on Haaland.

Must admit though, kind of excited to see him back and in a way hoping Dembele stays as we will be eyecandy with Adama and Dembele starting.

popcorn.gif

Last edited:

Messi983

I see your point, but let me raise a better one: Neither Trincao nor Adama are good enough for Barcelona if we have any ambition to win major trophies.

Trincao is not quick, although not a snail either, but you have to be an exceptional dribbler and have a great eye for a pass if you don't have the pace or burst to get past your man. Think of Bernardo Silva. Trincao is neither. He's a good dribbler, but he's not an exceptional dribbler or creative player.

Adama got the burst and dribbling but severely lack in the football IQ part and has no end product.

So neither of them are good enough for us and I honestly doubt Adama would be playing for Barcelona right now if our financial situation wasn't this bad. I could easily see us sign someone like Antony or Luis Diaz instead, but we've got no money for them right now and in the summer probably have other priorities.

I hope Wolves buy Trincao since he has no role to play at Barca and we sign a better winger than Adama in the future. Would have loved Adeyemi who fits the bill and brings you the best of both worlds, although he's sadly off to Dortmund very likely.

My preferences would be:

1. Adama returns to Wolves, Trincao to Barca and gets a look from Xavi in preseason. Even if we'll sign Haaland or another striker we'll still only have three first team forwards (Haaland/#9, Ferran, Ansu - can we seriously count on him to stay fit though?). Dembele will leave, LDJ will return to Sevilla and at least one but most likely both of Memphis and Braithwaite will also be sold. So besides a new striker we would need two more attacking players and then someone like Abde/Jutgla can fill out the last spot on the bench. I just believe Trincao has a lot of more potential than Adama and would like to see him get a chance.

2. Adama returns to Wolves, we get back Trincao and sell him for 20-25m to another club and reinvest that money into a new winger (or a striker or a CB).

3. Trincao to Wolves, Adama to Barca permanently. Just don't like this as I think we would be selling Adama for a loss within a year. Sadly is the most likely option to happen though imo.

Gari

Barcelona have an option to buy Adama Traor? for 30 million euros, but there won't be any penalty if they don't make use of that. If Wolves don't buy Trinc?o for 30 million euros at the end of his loan spell, there will be a 6-million-euros penalty. @gerardromero

clemente

Wait wtf this is real? Found out about this from random reddit comment.
This guy is nowhere near barca level, wtf are we doing...

Nazario1985

Wait wtf this is real? Found out about this from random reddit comment.
This guy is nowhere near barca level, wtf are we doing...

According to this forum he is soooo good ... even if he never achieved anything to justify any move to a team like Betis let alone FCB.

But what do we know.

Home of Barca Fans