Adama Traore

Bobo32

There was never anything to "improve" really in Traore, he was always a fast dribbler who can play a specific role that is nice to have in some scenarios. Like Tello, Cuenca, Deulofeu, Konrad or Abde or 10+ other products of la masia the last 15 years, or hundreds of players around Europe, some of which cost 100+ million like Dembele...

Him returning is ok, it seems a good opportunity considering circumstances, but there should be no big hope on him being very good or anything. He is probably a bit more threatening than Abde, and a lot cheaper and maybe even better than Dembele.

mdenci

Dunno... I've been a fan of him since he was in La Masia considering his stats and play style back then, but now I'm not very convinced about his abilities.
I won't dismiss him quickly, though. He has a very high number of chances created, plus he is always at the top of Europe's dribblers so maybe that way he can occupy two-three opponents and maybe one of our other players will have more space due to that. We just have to wait and see...

ajnotkeith

There was never anything to "improve" really in Traore, he was always a fast dribbler who can play a specific role that is nice to have in some scenarios. Like Tello, Cuenca, Deulofeu, Konrad or Abde or 10+ other products of la masia the last 15 years, or hundreds of players around Europe, some of which cost 100+ million like Dembele...

Him returning is ok, it seems a good opportunity considering circumstances, but there should be no big hope on him being very good or anything. He is probably a bit more threatening than Abde, and a lot cheaper and maybe even better than Dembele.

I think you must not know Traore very well to say he will be better than Dembele.

fergus90

Thing is Adama's ability to dribble, beat players and create space for others is a wet dream for most attackers. Until it comes down to making a decision with the final ball and then it's usually severely lacking.

I think his physical attributes alone will be of tremendous help but yeah I'm not expecting any miracles from him.

Kul_z

Dont like him but i think dude would give his everything, and when someone with attributes as he have gives everything he'd be alright. He would have better stats here then in west ham, thats for sure. Cant wait to see a tank in barca shirt lmao

ajnotkeith

huh, its not impossible to play better than dembele

In 160 Prem appearances, Traore has managed a whopping 8 goals and 14 assists, the majority of those coming in 18/19.

If you think Dembele is 'frustrating' or has 'no end product' or one of the other platitudes thrown out on this forum you will tear your hair out at Traore.

I watched Traore both in the Championship and Prem. Top player when he's been in 2nd divisions and at a stretch he could be valuable for a mid-table team but no more.

The posters here remarking on how he will fit into the style of play must have never watched him either, he is exactly the type of player who can do well in a counter attacking system, but for Barca which wants players to break down deep blocks and tries to play with the ball? Not at all. We need football IQ too.

Last edited:

Joan

Put him to good use and he can be a useful weapon. Otherwise he's a dud. The problem is that the the list of things he can do is short and it's up to the coach to find that role which asks for those and not much else. That is hard and I don't know if Xavi finds it. In that regard, similar to Torres' case which Xavi struggles with.

Anyhow, don't expect much from him.

malvolio

is pedro the last good attacker produced by la masia?

seems that midfielders are all the rage in catalunia. attackers or defenders not that much.

Bobo32

I think you must not know Traore very well to say he will be better than Dembele.

I think that bar is not that high, but consider that I wrote "maybe".
The big thing is he could've been free when Dembele cost whatever he cost and was part in getting Barcelona in this position. Now he is a good option when Dembele behaves as he always behaved.
I think he will succeed with dribbles as much or more than Dembele, and I think he would score about as much as him if he started to shoot as much as him but I hope he does not.

He should not be a starter, as Dembele should not (but was because he got his minutes those rare times he was fit). When he plays he should be isolated on one flank against one man and force the opponents to move so that better Barcelona players can get the ball in better positions.

Bobo32

In 160 Prem appearances, Traore has managed a whopping 8 goals and 14 assists, the majority of those coming in 18/19.

If you think Dembele is 'frustrating' or has 'no end product' or one of the other platitudes thrown out on this forum you will tear your hair out at Traore.

I watched Traore both in the Championship and Prem. Top player when he's been in 2nd divisions and at a stretch he could be valuable for a mid-table team but no more.

The posters here remarking on how he will fit into the style of play must have never watched him either, he is exactly the type of player who can do well in a counter attacking system, but for Barca which wants players to break down deep blocks and tries to play with the ball? Not at all. We need football IQ too.

Yeah I agree, so it's better to have one free la masia product like him or Konrad, than buy a similar player for close to 200 million to have on high wages injured... I hope he plays very rarely.

One player of the squad or maybe two can be these players with negative footballing IQ but who are fast and understand to dribble. Abde is one of them but maybe Traore is slightly better.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

honestly, when i watched traore he was bad most of the time but lets see if xavi can improve him as he has insane pace and seems to be good at dribbling

Joan

is pedro the last good attacker produced by la masia?

seems that midfielders are all the rage in catalunia. attackers or defenders not that much.

Yes. He gotta be the last one even if we lower the standards from good to decent.

La Masia has a terrible record with forwards.

Home of Barca Fans