Adama Traore

Rassvet

Official: Barcelona have signed Adama Traore on loan for the remainder of the season. [fcb]

Welcome mister

mc_lovin

What a timeline :lol: Wish him good luck though.

Best thing about our front line right now is that they are hopefully all gone next season (or most of them).

topt

According to this forum he is soooo good ... even if he never achieved anything to justify any move to a team like Betis let alone FCB.

But what do we know.

When we are talking about Betis, Adama is a clone of David Odonkor if anybody remembers him

mc_lovin

I guess how willingly Wolverhampton let him go says it all.

But I do hope he can play a specific role (like Luuk). Niche players are more bearable than all around average players like Braithwaite.

Birdy

lol, you're joking right? It's just a 1v1 race against a too confident Lamptey trying to outpace Adama. Not some masterclass defending.

There's been talk of that positional change since Lucho was here. It's not some revolutionizing idea nobody thought of.
He left 7 years ago. You're saying nobody realized his untapped potential to play further back on the pitch and instead they kept playing him at RW where he produced close to nothing in terms of G/A.

When he was at Barca, he was a kid trained to play as winger.
After he played for some other teams, and was tried out by different coaches,
eventually he played many many games at Wolves who played 3-4-3 hell lot, as a wing-back precisely because Nuno realized it's a position he can play really well

Besides, if his problem is his end product as many here say,
it's safer to play him further away from the ending point of chances, and give him at the same time a domain to excel
His domain is dribbling, and exploding in space. IF his defensive skills are OKish (they are), I don't see the reason NOT TO

JamDav1982

Wolves tried him at wing back and it never really worked which is why Doherty and Semedo have always been ahead of him in pecking order across any decent period of time.

That position under Nuno called for the player to be in final third and get into box a lot.

Even then he couldnt do it and had no idea how to defend but they gave him chances due to his pace and what can do going forward.

Right back for Barca is a completely different position than the one even Wolves could never settle on him being good enough for.

Rassvet

Most take-ons completed in Europe's top five leagues since the start of the 2018/19 season:

Lionel Messi: 500.
Adama Traore: 484.

@Squawka

gregorrin10

Well, let's hope this happens before we spend 30m on him.

I'm 100% sure Alemany doesn't plan on exercising that buy option. By now we know Alemany is actually a good, capable man and a shrewd negotiator. I'd even go as far as to say he's not just good, but even great at his job, so paying 30M for Adama is not happening. Not in a million years. Unless he lights the world on fire and averages a goal/per game or something stupid like that in these few months, which of course won't happen. Right now it's all about getting useful and affordable players, who are willing to come here on low wages (lowering their own in the process) and give Xavi as many options we can to help us achieve that top 4 finish this season. The real planning and quality signings begin in the summer.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
At least it's just a loan without mandatory buy clause... Hope he performs decently, but I'm not getting my hopes up...

Home of Barca Fans