Adama Traore

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The thing that most people here don't understand is this:

1. We cannot spend big money on a player this winter due to masa salarial and the 1:4 rule we're under right now after they pulled the trigger on Ferran Torres, nor do we want to commit to paying for a player right now and regret it in the summer if better options are unable.

2. I doubt we'd be able to get a good winger on a 6 month loan without an obligatory purchase right now. If you believe so then please tell me who we can get.

This is a loan and essentially a like for like replacement for Dembele. Quick as fuck, better dribbler but just as frustrating and maybe worse end product.

A better winger and a striker will probably be signed in the summer when our wage budget rises to 400m from the 98m cap hell we're under right now. Won't be under the 1:4 rule either.

Porque

Wolves will cover Adama's salary until end of the season with Barca paying the minimum required by La Liga. Wolves will buy Trincao but the buy option will have Adama's wage cost deducted. [ARA]

Just a way to get around La Liga's salary cap. Basically, what Barca saves now will cost them later.

Its actually superb financial logistics. Surely Reverters hands in it. Deal includes a free Ipad and Netflix subscription.

Joan

Wolves will cover Adama's salary until end of the season with Barca paying the minimum required by La Liga. Wolves will buy Trincao but the buy option will have Adama's wage cost deducted. [ARA]

Just a way to get around La Liga's salary cap. Basically, what Barca saves now will cost them later.

Is that reliable? That they will buy Trincao in the summer?

behindbrowneyes

Is that reliable? That they will buy Trincao in the summer?

You never can say it until it's signed, but I guess chances are pretty high as it doesn't look like Adama will go back there again. Knowing Mendes' business with Wolves, he'll very likely park Trincao there.

Birdy

Mendes probably wouldn't like that all that much though. Imo it's very likely there is at least some kind of verbal agreement there that we buy him (and they keep Trincao in return) if things work out decently, would be a bit of strange move otherwise.

This!
The buy option for Trincao is around 30m, too high for Wolves to pay unless he works wonders there.
Plus, the buy option we included in Adama's loan is way too high as well (last year of his contract etc)

All indications point to it:
For sure, there is a 'gentlemen's agreement' between Mendez and Barca, that there will be a straight swap in the summer.
Not bad at all, since Adama >>> Trincao

Last edited:

DonAK

FKH5Sr_WYAsYFD4.jpg

Birdy

FKL5JLCXoAIswzt

From 17/18 to 21/22

Adama has his name 4 times for each season between 18 and 22 up there, with better success % than anybody, and 2nd best record of dribbles per 90, above Messi and Neymar
INSANE:worthy:

PS: Why is he still on the 'other players' section?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He's 26 and has some deadly flaws as BBZ would say, don't think even Pep could improve him much at this point of his career. If I'd have to choose between Adama and Trincao I would still choose the Portuguese longterm. He's 4 years younger and has more upside to work with. People will say he's too slow for a winger but I don't think so. Yeah he doesn't have the same explosivness/acceleration than likes of Dembele/Adama but has decent speed overall and can dribble past his opponents which is all that really matters imo. Still no end product in his game but I'd say it's much more likely he'll develop that over the years than Adama would.

There were some initial reports yesterday that Adama has accepted a minimal wage for next 6 months (similar to Alves) and will be compensated for that in coming years after we buy him. He's on around 2,7m at Wolves (not sure if net or gross though) so for half of the season we'd probably save around 1,1m. If that's true I'll never badmouth someone who has accepted a pay cut to join Barca (especially this current team) but just don't think he can offer us much. Can probably have similar production (or lack thereof, lol) than Dembele for much cheaper if we manage to offload him or if he'll be send to the stands (which would be stupid imo but that's another thing) for next 6 months but don't think Adama should be bought or swapped for Trincao.

good post

Fati_Future_BallonDor

FKL5JLCXoAIswzt

From 17/18 to 21/22

Adama has his name 4 times for each season between 18 and 22 up there, with better success % than anybody, and 2nd best record of dribbles per 90, above Messi and Neymar
INSANE:worthy:

PS: Why is he still on the 'other players' section?

these are insane numbers, lets see

DonAK

He's 26 and has some deadly flaws as BBZ would say, don't think even Pep could improve him much at this point of his career. If I'd have to choose between Adama and Trincao I would still choose the Portuguese longterm. He's 4 years younger and has more upside to work with. People will say he's too slow for a winger but I don't think so. Yeah he doesn't have the same explosivness/acceleration than likes of Dembele/Adama but has decent speed overall and can dribble past his opponents which is all that really matters imo. Still no end product in his game but I'd say it's much more likely he'll develop that over the years than Adama would.

There were some initial reports yesterday that Adama has accepted a minimal wage for next 6 months (similar to Alves) and will be compensated for that in coming years after we buy him. He's on around 2,7m at Wolves (not sure if net or gross though) so for half of the season we'd probably save around 1,1m. If that's true I'll never badmouth someone who has accepted a pay cut to join Barca (especially this current team) but just don't think he can offer us much. Can probably have similar production (or lack thereof, lol) than Dembele for much cheaper if we manage to offload him or if he'll be send to the stands (which would be stupid imo but that's another thing) for next 6 months but don't think Adama should be bought or swapped for Trincao.

I see your point, but let me raise a better one: Neither Trincao nor Adama are good enough for Barcelona if we have any ambition to win major trophies.

Trincao is not quick, although not a snail either, but you have to be an exceptional dribbler and have a great eye for a pass if you don't have the pace or burst to get past your man. Think of Bernardo Silva. Trincao is neither. He's a good dribbler, but he's not an exceptional dribbler or creative player.

Adama got the burst and dribbling but severely lack in the football IQ part and has no end product.

So neither of them are good enough for us and I honestly doubt Adama would be playing for Barcelona right now if our financial situation wasn't this bad. I could easily see us sign someone like Antony or Luis Diaz instead, but we've got no money for them right now and in the summer probably have other priorities.

I hope Wolves buy Trincao since he has no role to play at Barca and we sign a better winger than Adama in the future. Would have loved Adeyemi who fits the bill and brings you the best of both worlds, although he's sadly off to Dortmund very likely.

Rassvet

This guy has often had too much physicality for PL players to handle, so lord knows what he could do against La Liga farmers.

He might get stifled by our slow possession football though.

Home of Barca Fans