Adama Traore

Nazario1985

The only way to even use his alleged pace is to play extremely low like wolves (out of question) or over press our left wing so the opponent leaves spaces in the right side.

Laplacian

The perfect physique for a winger is 2016-2018 Neymar. Wingers do not need to be bodybuilding aficionados to function at the top level. Yeah I said it.

Windhook

Those worried about his muscles - with Barca training and neglect of physical conditioning Adama will lose all that in no time. Might even pick up an injury during warm up before a game.

Kind of half-joking. Hope this doesn't occur.

The perfect winger was Messi in his early days. Short, speedy with extraterrestrial technique.

Joan

The perfect physique for a winger is 2016-2018 Neymar. Wingers do not need to be bodybuilding aficionados to function at the top level. Yeah I said it.

In fact, it mostly affects them in a bad way. All those muscles come at a price of agility and it is a huge downside for a winger.

Joan

By the way, I cannot believe some here think he will be an upgrade over Dembele!? Only in availability. That is coming from someone who doesn't like Dembele at all but Ousmane is better than Adama in almost everything. Faster with the ball, more creative, smarter :)facepalm:).

Can he at least cross at semi-decent level?

fergus90

By the way, I cannot believe some here think he will be an upgrade over Dembele!? Only in availability. That is coming from someone who doesn't like Dembele at all but Ousmane is better than Adama in almost everything. Faster with the ball, more creative, smarter :)facepalm:).

Can he at least cross at semi-decent level?

His end product is lacking big time. Can dribble past players at will but rarely makes the right decision.

Nazario1985

His end product is lacking big time. Can dribble past players at will but rarely makes the right decision.

That doesn't explain why nobody was even remotely interested in him, dribbling past players "at will" even with a bad end product will make you top tier as any manager will work the later for you.

Andresito

Staff member
Don't know man. Been watching some individual compilations of single games apart from the usual highlight videos and don't really agree.

After watching those two videos I didn't even know where the sayings of him being fast come from. I changed my mind after watching the following a bit, but seems to me he has lost pace and especially explosiveness within that year gap.

His pace gets mentioned as his standout feature, but he rarely seems to reach that tempo from what I've seen so far. Dembele's acceleration and explosiveness is much better on the first few metres and I wouldn't even agree that Adama is faster than him.

Ready to give him a chance and see how he does in a Barca kit, but as of now, with all his flaws and distractions, I prefer Dembele over Adama.

Almost every player in the Premier League have Adama as the fastest when asked.

Quick Google says he's clocked in above 36 km/h. Can't see any mentions of Dembele above 34 km/h. Doubt the difference is that big in reality though.

JamDav1982

That doesn't explain why nobody was even remotely interested in him, dribbling past players "at will" even with a bad end product will make you top tier as any manager will work the later for you.

Wolves wanted to keep him and reported that Conte wanted him at Spurs.

FinBarcelonafan

Almost every player in the Premier League have Adama as the fastest when asked.

Quick Google says he's clocked in above 36 km/h. Can't see any mentions of Dembele above 34 km/h. Doubt the difference is that big in reality though.

Traores first steps are what makes difference

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

not really. Boufal, Ben Arfa, Maximin, there are tons of wingers with great dribbling but poor decision making

Laplacian

He looks very agile for his muscles

He is agile for his size but he's never in a million years going to twist and turn like Neymar did in his prime. If he lost all that mass and trimmed down to Robben/Ribery/Neymar size he'd be able to, he has the technique for it. I honestly don't see the point in him being that big.

fergus90

Got the most take ons in the premier league but rarely translates it into goals or assists. I didn’t just make it up for you to sarcastically paraphrase me.

Nazario1985

Doesn't matter if he is faster than prime messi or mbappe ..

As said, is he fast with the ball sticking to his shoes or does he sprint without the ball ..

It's spain not PL against aston villa where everybody is tackling and out of position.

His stats since 7/8 years are scary scary low, some defenders have better offensive stats than him.

Just wish the guy good luck to completely transform, and stop trying to shape him like the player he never was.

Home of Barca Fans