Adama Traore

Iniesta Ultra

Adama pretty much has had two defenders sometimes three whole time in the final third since the Atleti match. Others on the pitch need to help him out and/or exploit that more instead of leaving him dry to beat them all himself.

Asylum15

This guy drives me crazy sometimes...

Is it just me or does he never go full sprint when the momentum is already high?
Eg. Against Napoli he was passed a ball where he was 1v1 with their defender and through to goal but he INSISTS on slowing it down so he can face the defender up, then burst 5 yards.

Can he not run fast once up to his max acceleration?

BerkeleyBernie

This guy drives me crazy sometimes...

Is it just me or does he never go full sprint when the momentum is already high?
Eg. Against Napoli he was passed a ball where he was 1v1 with their defender and through to goal but he INSISTS on slowing it down so he can face the defender up, then burst 5 yards.

Can he not run fast once up to his max acceleration?

Acceleration is a different skill than pace. Slowing a marker down is intentional. If, like Traore, your acceleration burst can beat almost anyone (even if their pace matches yours), then you force the marker to play on your turf, to your advantage.

JohnN

Cone
Alves - araujo - Garcia - alba
Fdj
Pedri Gavi
Dembmele - fati -traore

Would like to see traore on the opposite side, he could be trash though.

Asylum15

Acceleration is a different skill than pace. Slowing a marker down is intentional. If, like Traore, your acceleration burst can beat almost anyone (even if their pace matches yours), then you force the marker to play on your turf, to your advantage.

I used to run the 100m/200m for years, so I understand the differences.

However, in a football context, the advantage is actually lost because the counter attack has lost potential.
He received a pass against Napoli the other night with him and pretty much just a Napoli defender in front of goal and he slowed the ball way down, letting Napoli recover positionally and then tried to beat the player.

It frustrates me as he's surely fast when up to speed in any case, especially with this rapid change of direction.

BerkeleyBernie

I used to run the 100m/200m for years, so I understand the differences.

However, in a football context, the advantage is actually lost because the counter attack has lost potential.
He received a pass against Napoli the other night with him and pretty much just a Napoli defender in front of goal and he slowed the ball way down, letting Napoli recover positionally and then tried to beat the player.

It frustrates me as he's surely fast when up to speed in any case, especially with this rapid change of direction.

So it depends if he can beat his marker 1v1 or whether he's correct in assuming chances are better of scoring if he waits for teammates and tries to beat his marker on the goal line. He probably should mix it up to keep them guessing. Or maybe he just doesn't have the skill to gain a clear advantage on the open break. Prime Messi didn't have top pace but markers couldn't keep up with his changes of direction.

Zidane82

Adama pretty much has had two defenders sometimes three whole time in the final third since the Atleti match. Others on the pitch need to help him out and/or exploit that more instead of leaving him dry to beat them all himself.

It is kinda funny to see the opponents kicking Adama in the first 50 seconds or less ( it has happened at least twice )

Zidane82

In England about 15 years ago there was a competition to find the fastest player over 100m - all players could enter - I think it was organised by obd of the tabloids.

Funny thing is the guy who won was an unknown player from a lower league team who was fast over 100m but not very fast over the 5 to 10 metres that actually MATTER ... in football

BerkeleyBernie

In England about 15 years ago there was a competition to find the fastest player over 100m - all players could enter - I think it was organised by obd of the tabloids.

Funny thing is the guy who won was an unknown player from a lower league team who was fast over 100m but not very fast over the 5 to 10 metres that actually MATTER ... in football

And, of course, on offense you have to be fast while dribbling the ball. All a defender needs to be able to do is be fast enough to catch you, not hampered by having to dribble themselves.

gregorrin10

I really hope we don't buy him in the summer. Not because I want Trincao back instead (Adama is certainly more suitable to us), but because I just don't think he's worth 30M. We could do much better with just getting the cash for Trincao either from Wolves or someone else if they don't buy him.

iniestaGOAT

I really hope we don't buy him in the summer. Not because I want Trincao back instead (Adama is certainly more suitable to us), but because I just don't think he's worth 30M. We could do much better with just getting the cash for Trincao either from Wolves or someone else if they don't buy him.

Wolves isn't paying 45m for trincao either so they will settle for an exchange

Home of Barca Fans