Adama Traore

Zidane82

Spurs desperate to sign Adama

Tottenham boss Conte might finally get a chance to sign Adama Traore in the summer transfer window despite him joining Barcelona in January. The Spurs manager was frustrated by the fact he missed out on the Wolves ace.

Iniesta Ultra

If he improves his output he will destroy ll

I watched these highlights twice. Contrary to Andresito's assessment, Traore's decision making isn't the issue here. Watch if any of his teammates are making any smart runs inside the box or providing an outlet for him. Much of the time others are literally static or lightly strolling while not trying to shake their markers. It's as if they're expecting him to beat three defenders every time and score without any help, no one would even expect that from prime Messi although he'd succeed at times doing so. Messi had teammates knew how to find open small spaces and provide pre-assist linking. Traore has Torres in the middle and absentee mids, I'm really shocked how bad his teammates are right now.

Would've loved to see what he could do with Messi and Puig around him.

Last edited:

feggydinho

I watched these highlights twice. Contrary to Andresito's assessment, Traore's decision making isn't the issue here. Watch if any of his teammates are making any smart runs inside the box or providing an outlet for him. Much of the time others are literally static or lightly strolling while not trying to shake their markers. It's as if they're expecting him to beat three defenders every time and score without any help, no one would even expect that from prime Messi although he'd succeed at times doing so. Messi had teammates knew how to find open small spaces and provide pre-assist linking. Traore has Torres in the middle and absentee mids, I'm really shocked how bad his teammates are right now.

Would've loved to see what he could do with Messi and Puig around him.

This has been happening with him everywhere (Barca B, Aston Villa, Middlesbrough, Wolves), he doesn't really know how to combine with wingbacks or tends to want to go for dribbles and cross most times. It showed more when he was in wolves, you'll always see Diogo Jota or Pedro Neto make interesting combos with their full wingbacks but the case was always different when Adama was on the wings so the team also fits with him

Bobo32

He isnt one to combine. He runs past a defender and makes a cross that is hit/miss. He is really very predictable and it is on the attackers to make good runs on these predictable crosses. If he started to fail his dribbles a lot, try to play a game he can't play, or make really extremely terrible crosses, then you can criticize him. I think he delivers enough good balls into the area, and he is loyal enough to stay on the flank at all times and to pressure intensely without the ball. He is also mostly finding his way out of troubling situations to deliver an easy pass to keep possession.

He is showing signs of fatigue late in games, maybe a 50/40 setup between him and Dembele would be my choice atm.

gregorrin10

He will be a great impact sub until we swap him for Trincao in the summer

Or just sell Trincao too and give Collado that impact sub role. ;) Would prefer that most of all. Plus I have a feeling Xavi is gonna like Collado the most, he's already had some good things to say about him even before he became Barca manager, plus there's obviously the Masia gene factor as well. In any case, I really hope we don't buy Adama, he's just not worth the option to buy. 10M is the most I'd pay for him. Even better option, his contract at Wolves extends in 2023, so if we really wanted him back, just wait a year and bring him back for free rather than paying 30M for a player entering the last year of his contract. Would be absolute madness if we do that, especially in our still precarious financial situation.

Last edited:

feggydinho

He isnt one to combine. He runs past a defender and makes a cross that is hit/miss. He is really very predictable and it is on the attackers to make good runs on these predictable crosses. If he started to fail his dribbles a lot, try to play a game he can't play, or make really extremely terrible crosses, then you can criticize him. I think he delivers enough good balls into the area, and he is loyal enough to stay on the flank at all times and to pressure intensely without the ball. He is also mostly finding his way out of troubling situations to deliver an easy pass to keep possession.

He is showing signs of fatigue late in games, maybe a 50/40 setup between him and Dembele would be my choice atm.

True, I was surprised he didn't come on today. Maybe he starts on Thursday

gregorrin10

Surely he starts ahead of Dembele, who played the full game today. We have RM to take care of

Gala is the more important game though. We're pretty much the biggest favourites to win EL, which would be a massive achievement and also a boost for both Xavi and our young players. Yes Clasico is the more prestigious, and it's Xavi's first one, so it would be extremely nice to win it, especially at the Bernabeu to make a statement and truly announce the Xavi era to Madrid and the whole of Spain as well, but as far as this season's league goes, even a win won't mean shit for our title chances, Madrid ain't gonna bottle it this year, Carlo will make sure of it. It's still 9 points to make up, even if we win the Clasico and our game in hand. Not gonna happen.

FinBarcelonafan

Gala is the more important game though. We're pretty much the biggest favourites to win EL, which would be a massive achievement and also a boost for both Xavi and our young players. Yes Clasico is the more prestigious, and it's Xavi's first one, so it would be extremely nice to win it, especially at the Bernabeu to make a statement and truly announce the Xavi era to Madrid and the whole of Spain as well, but as far as this season's league goes, even a win won't mean shit for our title chances, Madrid ain't gonna bottle it this year, Carlo will make sure of it. It's still 9 points to make up, even if we win the Clasico and our game in hand. Not gonna happen.

I couldn't agree more. We need to win Europe League.

We have lost six Clasicos in a row. Everybody expects another bad game. No Biggie.

And catching Real is nearly impossible at this point.

iniestaGOAT

I couldn't agree more. We need to win Europe League.

We have lost six Clasicos in a row. Everybody expects another bad game. No Biggie.

And catching Real is nearly impossible at this point.

We need to beat them.

Then they also play Atletico and Sevilla away from home.

Anything is possible brother keep the faith.

Home of Barca Fans