Adama Traore

anguy

Hope he gets a shot in the 1st team replacing Munir or Sandro.

No way, he is still unpolished. He still uses that one move over and over again, when he kicks the ball past defender and uses his speed and strength to deliver low cross to his teamate. It might work in Segunda, but hardly in against top competition. I actually believe he has quite high bust probability in senior level. He reminds me of Tello who was good until defenders realized he uses always the same move.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No way, he is still unpolished. He still uses that one move over and over again, when he kicks the ball past defender and uses his speed and strength to deliver low cross to his teamate. It might work in Segunda, but hardly in against top competition. I actually believe he has quite high bust probability in senior level. He reminds me of Tello who was good until defenders realized he uses always the same move.

You mean.... a bit like Bale then? Of course Bale is a more polished player.

Not comparing Bale with Adama btw, but I think it's a bit naive to dish out prophecies like that. We'll see how he develops and does when he gets his chance.

Tello wasn't even close to Adama's level and performance and how he is beasting it up with the B Team at this age.

Last edited:

KB14

hum, I have often heard that robben always uses the same movement but it always destroys his opponents ... Adama movements are devastating and are a higher level than tello ...

anguy

You mean.... a bit like Bale then? Of course Bale is a more polished player.

Bale was/is far more universal. He uses mainly his speed too, but is also goal scorer, has powerful long shot and played in defense, midfield and attack.

Tello wasn't even close to Adama's level and performance and how he is beasting it up with the B Team at this age.

That's true, I just used him as an example that it's difficult for one dimensional players to break through in top competition.

Tonykross

Adama isnt just a push and run player, he can dribble well too against multiple opponents.

He will score more goals if he plays on the left and cuts inside to shoot with his stronger right foot. I don't understand why he is being played all the time as a right winger.

MessiDinho10

He will score more goals if he plays on the left and cuts inside to shoot with his stronger right foot. I don't understand why he is being played all the time as a right winger.

I remember him playing for Spain U19 at 16. Played both on the right and the left and he was a plague for the defenders at both flanks. He can do both, but I feel he will have more chances if he stays at RW.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

Adama isn't your ordinary push and run player. He is a tank that can move like a Ferrari and has a devastating effect on opposition fullbacks

BBZ8800

Messi can't get fazed out but don't expect to see Suarez here for more than 3 years and if atleast 3 of Munir/Sandro/Lee/Deulofeu/Adama/Halilovic(If Denis comes good he'll probably end up on the left wing) come good enough Neymar could be sold within the next 5-7 years. Although I am just going off the Pep-era transfer system where Ronaldinho/Deco and Henry after were shipped off when La Masia grads proved good enough.

We probably never in our whole history had 3 Fcs from our youth in the starting line up.
So, don't hold your breath too much about this idea.

Halilovic won't turn out (Barca's level) good.
Deulofeu is already in huge troubles and it is far more likely that he won't be a Barca level player.
Lee is having a Ban and his whole future is extremely hard to predict.

Out of these 6 players, one will maybe turn into a starting 11 material, and the other one will be a squad player.
We are Barca, we will always need to buy (best of the best) forwards like Neymar, Suarez and similar.

Chances are like 1% that we can produce 3 world-class FCs for our level.
Especially it is unlikely that 3 Fcs will come from more or less the same generation of players.

But let's wait for 2-3 years and you'll realize that.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
We probably never in our whole history had 3 Fcs from our youth in the starting line up.
So, don't hold your breath too much about this idea.

Halilovic won't turn out (Barca's level) good.
Deulofeu is already in huge troubles and it is far more likely that he won't be a Barca level player.
Lee is having a Ban and his whole future is extremely hard to predict.

Out of these 6 players, one will maybe turn into a starting 11 material, and the other one will be a squad player.
We are Barca, we will always need to buy (best of the best) forwards like Neymar, Suarez and similar.

Chances are like 1% that we can produce 3 world-class FCs for our level.
Especially it is unlikely that 3 Fcs will come from more or less the same generation of players.

But let's wait for 2-3 years and you'll realize that.

For once, I actually agree with you.

Halilovic most likely won't be Barca quality but he's already much better than Sergi Roberto, so he's still likely to get promoted one day.
Deulofeu is 20. By 21 he'll be a different player. He's actually having a pretty good season at Sevilla, compared to how his time at Everton went. You should keep in mind that most players his age are still with Barca B and there is no sense of gloom and doom about them at all.

As far as the others go, yes, it is incredibly hard to predict. The only CF from that generation that looks like he has a chance to make it is Munir, and he's already earned promotion because he's quite quickly established himself as Lucho's favorite youngster. I would expect him to be the starting 11 player while any of the other ones become a squad player, although if Deulofeu doesn't improve I can absolutely say Adama and Munir will both be important players here one day.

BBZ8800

For once, I actually agree with you.

Halilovic most likely won't be Barca quality but he's already much better than Sergi Roberto, so he's still likely to get promoted one day.
Deulofeu is 20. By 21 he'll be a different player. He's actually having a pretty good season at Sevilla, compared to how his time at Everton went. You should keep in mind that most players his age are still with Barca B and there is no sense of gloom and doom about them at all.

As far as the others go, yes, it is incredibly hard to predict. The only CF from that generation that looks like he has a chance to make it is Munir, and he's already earned promotion because he's quite quickly established himself as Lucho's favorite youngster. I would expect him to be the starting 11 player while any of the other ones become a squad player, although if Deulofeu doesn't improve I can absolutely say Adama and Munir will both be important players here one day.

1. I am from Croatia. I have 0% faith in Halilovic that he will turn into a Barca's material winger or even worse, Mc
2. I am watching Barca's youths and hyped players since 1999'. I know, this is the most "gifted" generation ever.
We will see in 2-3 years if the most gifted generation will give more 1st team players than any other "regular" generation in the last 15 years.
3. These guys are 20 or 21, I agree.
But remember one thing:
-- Xavi played 26 matches in the first team as a 18 years old, and 38 matches as a 19 years old.
-- by the age of 22, he was a player without whom you couldn't imagine our team anymore
-- he played 55 matches in total for Barca in Liga, cup and Europe at the age of 22

-- Iniesta played 9 matches aged 18 in his first Barca's Season
-- 17 matches aged 19
-- at the age of 20, he already played 46 (!!) matches for Barcelona in that Season (League, cup, Europe)
(And please, no, they haven't played that much ONLY because coaches gave them chances but because they were insane talents. Much better than most of the other promising players from any generation)

-- Messi, do I even have to write his stats?
-- he played 9 matches aged 17
-- aged 18, he already played 25 matches in that Season
-- aged 20, he played 40 matches
-- aged 21, he played 51 matches

-- 22 aged Puyol played 37 matches in total that Season.

-- Xavi played at a World cup already aged 22
-- Iniesta also played at a world cup aged 22
-- Puyol played a first NT match aged 22

My point is, people are constantly saying that a play XX or YY is our future, the next Xavi, next Iniesta, or the new Puyol.
And whoever says something opposite or raises some doubts is lebelled as a broken record, a Barca hater or something similar.

From the players mentioned on these topics, currently only Munir and Samper look like players who can make it (if we compare them to Xavi's, Iniesta's, Puyol's and other players road to fame)

I don't know if you have followed Barca in those days, but I can tell you that Xavi was my favorite player, even when he was aged 20 or 22.
He was just insanely gifted, he was so special from the day 1.
And even as a 20 year old boy, he was bossing the midfield against any team, even against top Champions league sides.

Further, those players, like Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol (and I won't even mention Messi here) were extremely good from the day 1.
They didn't need 48 chances to shine, and you didn't need to give them 3-4 Seasons again and again, and hoping that they will suddenly start to perform better.
1. they were extremely gifted
2. they played extremely good from the day 1, and from the first appearance
3. they were awesome professionals and they didn't acted like divas (Deulofeu, Halilovic)

Again, I don't want to be a hater. But as a fan who remembers the first appearances of Xavi, Puyol and Iniesta, and who have seen 100s of other talents not reaching their potential, I CAN say this:
1. only Munir's and Samper's senior career for now has been more or less good/decent from the day 1
2. Deulofeu is almost lost already if you want to compare him with careers of Xavi, Iniesta and other guys
3. Xavi and Iniesta were miles ahead of Deulofeu and some other of our current "gems" when they were 18-19-20 years old

And again, when someone posts:
"Messi can't get fazed out but don't expect to see Suarez here for more than 3 years and if atleast 3 of Munir/Sandro/Lee/Deulofeu/Adama/Halilovic(If Denis comes good he'll probably end up on the left wing) come good enough Neymar could be sold within the next 5-7 years.", you just have to ask "wtf?, are you serious, mate?"

I don't want to offend anyone, but it seems like a lot of users here are fans for only 2-3-4 years, and that the current generation of youths is their first generation of youth players whom they are following, and they have unrealisticly high expectations from them.

Again, I would be extremely happy if all of those 6 players turn out to be new Messi or Neymar, but it just doesn't work like that.
Statistics and tradition are not on their side.

Plus, from what I have seen from them, their skills also aren't on Xavi/Iniesta/Puyol level.

People shouldn't trust to media, FM's predictions and collective forum's hyping that much.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans