Adama Traore

Zangash

Banned
Not sure why everyone likes to use Morata as an example whenever discussing sales for our players. Morata was actually quite a solid goalscorer despite his poor track record among Madrid fans and media and it was proven that he is capable of performing at the highest level when he scored against both Real and Barca during Juve's journey to the CL trophy. To suggest Adama is anywhere near that level and attempt to compare them is a bit ridiculous.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's exactly why Morata is a good example and the comparison makes sense. He was a more refined player than Adama who had already played for Real Madrid's 1st team yet they managed to sell him with a buyback clause with a club of Juventus' stature accepting it.

Adama is merely a prospect, work in progress, why doesn't it make any sense to sell him with a buyback? IF the club decide to sell him, how much are we getting for him anyway? 5-8m at most perhaps? So it's not like getting rid of him will make such a big difference in the accounts of the club.

I didn't compare their level, I compared Morata's deal with Adama's potential deal. Shouldn't take a rocket scientist to understand such a simple thing.

Now, I know @Zangash has claimed he's doomed(ironically he's pissed off at Deulofeu's case and how he never got a chance when he's pretty much in the same boat as Adama Traore, and is two years older), but it's better to have a buyback in case he does very well and really improves. Atleast that'll give the club the chance to consider him instead of selling him off and possibly regretting it later if he goes on to make it big.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
Deulofeu was several times the player Adama is currently. The difference between the two is one was the best player in the Segunda at 17 while the other one hasn't done anything at all of note at an older age.

anguy

Deulofeu was several times the player Adama is currently. The difference between the two is one was the best player in the Segunda at 17 while the other one hasn't done anything at all of note at an older age.

Yes, but Adama's potential is far higher. Deulofeu was playing well in Segunda, but everytime I watched him I said to myself that there's nothing special about him. Good speed, but not great, good shot, not great, good dribbler, but not amazing.

But when I watch Adama I think he COULD become one of the top players in the world. To sell somebody with such (yet unrealized) potential without buyback clause, especially for low price would be beyond stupid. Even if he flops, and we won't be able to sell him, we won't lose much, 5-8 mil is nothing for Barca.

BBZ8800

Yes, but Adama's potential is far higher. Deulofeu was playing well in Segunda, but everytime I watched him I said to myself that there's nothing special about him. Good speed, but not great, good shot, not great, good dribbler, but not amazing.

But when I watch Adama I think he COULD become one of the top players in the world. To sell somebody with such (yet unrealized) potential without buyback clause, especially for low price would be beyond stupid. Even if he flops, and we won't be able to sell him, we won't lose much, 5-8 mil is nothing for Barca.

Sorry, but why do you think that Adama has a higher potential than Deulofeu?

What exactly has Adama done to earn that opinion?
A few crazy solo runs and that's enough?

khaled_a_d

Deulofeu is almost as fast as Adama ,and while Adama excels in dribbling a bit more Gerard can do it in both flanks with different way while Adama is more like Tello,a one trick pony and can't even play on left side
Now add things like passing ,vision,finishing,instincts ,positioning ,goalscoring ability ,gr8 crosses .all that Gerard is far better than Adama at same age

That's exactly why Morata is a good example and the comparison makes sense. He was a more refined player than Adama who had already played for Real Madrid's 1st team yet they managed to sell him with a buyback clause with a club of Juventus' stature accepting it.

Adama is merely a prospect, work in progress, why doesn't it make any sense to sell him with a buyback? IF the club decide to sell him, how much are we getting for him anyway? 5-8m at most perhaps? So it's not like getting rid of him will make such a big difference in the accounts of the club.

I didn't compare their level, I compared Morata's deal with Adama's potential deal. Shouldn't take a rocket scientist to understand such a simple thing.

Now, I know @Zangash has claimed he's doomed(ironically he's pissed off at Deulofeu's case and how he never got a chance when he's pretty much in the same boat as Adama Traore, and is two years older), but it's better to have a buyback in case he does very well and really improves. Atleast that'll give the club the chance to consider him instead of selling him off and possibly regretting it later if he goes on to make it big.

Look ,Adama has gr8 potential and if he kept working you can never know.may be he can actually reach it .but is this the right situation for him to fulfil his potential?
It seems clear that Lucho doesn't rate him highly right now .kid has no interest in continuing in Segunda B either .he won't get a chance with 1st team and good performance with B team in Segunda B doesn't raise value a lot
I don't really see him excelling or actually getting his value higher in the club right now .in fact his value can go down from there if he kept getting exposed to his weakness or kept getting ignored by Lucho
Buyback option look good idea ,but it also depends on how the club see the player . it decreases player value and the club might think it is better to just get the money .we will see though .nothing yet reported on buy back option and the situation isn't clear

anguy

Deulofeu is almost as fast as Adama ,and while Adama excels in dribbling a bit more Gerard can do it in both flanks with different way while Adama is more like Tello,a one trick pony and can't even play on left side
Now add things like passing ,vision,finishing,instincts ,positioning ,goalscoring ability ,gr8 crosses .all that Gerard is far better than Adama at same age

Deulofeu neer had great passing, vision and positioning even as B-team member. He was better goalscorer and has good crosses, I agree. And Deulofeu is not only slower, but also much weaker. That means on senior level he had difficulty to beat his marker, compared to Segunda. Adama deals better with physicial defenders.

Sorry, but why do you think that Adama has a higher potential than Deulofeu?
What exactly has Adama done to earn that opinion?
A few crazy solo runs and that's enough?

A LOT of crazy solo runs. His ball control AT FULL SPEED is something unreal, I believe there are maybe 2-3 better dribblers, than him WORLDWIDE including senior players.

Alik

And Deulofeu is not only slower, but also much weaker. That means on senior level he had difficulty to beat his marker, compared to Segunda. Adama deals better with physicial defenders.

Liga Adelante is not really a league of youngsters.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Deulofeu neer had great passing, vision and positioning even as B-team member. He was better goalscorer and has good crosses, I agree. And Deulofeu is not only slower, but also much weaker. That means on senior level he had difficulty to beat his marker, compared to Segunda. Adama deals better with physicial defenders.

A LOT of crazy solo runs. His ball control AT FULL SPEED is something unreal, I believe there are maybe 2-3 better dribblers, than him WORLDWIDE including senior players.

Deulofeu was the Segunda's best forward in the 12/13 season. Adama hasn't done jack.

spark

Adama probably thinks the same. This delusion would explain many things.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Deulofeu was the Segunda's best forward in the 12/13 season. Adama hasn't done jack.

Except coming on the Team of the Season.

Too bad Deulo have done shit all at senior level and failed to display his superior creative skills because he's been busy pissing off his team mates and coaches with his selfish displays.

Don't get why excuses are valid for one only, but whatever float your boats.

Don't get the big deal made out only for a freaking buyback deal. If he ever goes on to do well and the club wants him back but can't because of a lack of a buyback then everyone on this forum will suddenly lose their shit with the buhu stupid board posts.

Anyway, if the club plan to get rid of Adama altogether then they're also planning to do the same to many other players. Don't start whining if they don't negotiate for a buyback then. Setting a dangerous precedent.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
What? I'm just saying that Adama isn't a better talent than Deulo was in terms of potential. That's all. Anyway, if we sell him it should be with a buyback. And we should recognize that the inclusion of a buyback will mean a smaller transfer fee.

Bran the Greenseer

Sell him, buy him back if he improves. Theres simply no space for him and he doesn't fit the current RW mold, the only players who do are Rafinha and Halilovic. Halilovic is currently better than him imo and Rafinha is FAR better than him he's on a whole other level than those two. Adama would not be able to bench Rafinha and the only other position I see Adama maybe playing for us is Pedro's on-time wingback role or as CF(I think he has the qualities of a Ronaldo type CF and would like to see him tried at the position). Time for him to move on.

Home of Barca Fans