Adriano Correia Claro

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I am liking Sandro more and more. Great signing in terms of versatility and price. That sorts out or cover problem for the fullback roles and even in midfield to some extent. With our formation I can't really see him being used in midfiled unless we are trying to close a game out in the CL or the like.

Now we just need to sign Javi Martinez or Sissoko and we are done for the transfer window.

Javi Martínez is not a real defensive midfielder, or is he? I heard he was more of a box-to-box midfielder, another Keita.

S

Sanah-eid

Javi Martínez is not a real defensive midfielder, or is he? I heard he was more of a box-to-box midfielder, another Keita.
Neither was Yaya when he came. We need someone who has good positional sense, ability to sit in front of the defense to provide cove & defend, decent touch & ball distribution skills. If he is able to physically impose himself like Yaya or disrupt the oppositions attack like Busquets (or Van Bommel & Deco) then that's a big plus.

If Adriano is bought primarily as back-up for RB plus the ability to provide cover elsewhere then he's a good singing but if its primarily an LB signing then its a poor decision.

At RB he can give Dani rest+cover for him during suspensions, also frees up Puyol to just provide for the CB role. Then again the way Dani is he'll play most of his games barring injury (God forbid) so Adriano being versatile will get him games elsewhere. Adriano has played for Sevilla at RB quite a few times from what I know and he plays an attacking role an his defending is mediocre from what I can tell. Good crosses though and had good link up with Navas. Adding to that, Maxwell played pretty decent at RB too the few games he got last season. So in a way we have 2 backups for both LB and RB. If he plays better than Maxwell did he'd be a great backup. Just a little expensive.

desoe

If Adriano is bought primarily as back-up for RB plus the ability to provide cover elsewhere then he's a good singing but if its primarily an LB signing then its a poor decision.

Well, Pep is not really a moron. Adriano's purchase surely means something more than his abilities to play as a LB and I think we're going to witness this during the next season. EMD is stating in its publication that he's actually able to play on 5 positions.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I think Maxy should be the RB coverage he played well there last yaer and linked with messi... with adriano and maxwell we have two brasilian, can play anywhere players... that is fantastic

Barcafan 2304

rooney's fantastic.

as far as I can tell he's overrated by the british media and underrated by everyone else.

NOW BACK ONTO THE SUBJECT AT HAND

adriano is a great bit of business.

good age, versatile as all fuckery, ambidextrous, good in attack, good in defence, hard-worker, knows lliga well, not crazy expensive.

we're now doubled-up at the fullback positions (dani, maxi, adri, abi) so our CB's will strictly be CB's. this eliminates the need to sign a new player for that position as we have three top-class CB's and then a bunch of youngsters (bartra, muniesa and fontás off the top of my head) who can fill that fourth spot should we need them to.

up-front we have five top-class options (messi, villa, zlatan, pedro and bojan) and then a sixth spot to be filled by jeffren or either adri or maxi, or even gerard or someone other canterano.

what remains is for us to sign a midfielder of some kind so we have five top-class options and then the sixth spot can be filled by the cantera again (jona, thiago, oriol, etc.)

we just need a midfielder.

hopefully it'll be cesc, but we'll see.

Lol, what meta said. A lot of sense there and right on the money

Beast

The Observer
:lol: Don't know why the Catalan press decided to fabricate a story that were after him ? are they so insecure about the signing they want to make it a big deal ?

He is a good player and they don't need to make it like Barca stole him after a long fight considering we were never interested

Barcafan 2304

:lol: Don't know why the Catalan press decided to fabricate a story that were after him ? are they so insecure about the signing they want to make it a big deal ?

He is a good player and they don't need to make it like Barca stole him after a long fight considering we were never interested

I agree mate. Its just an attempt at point scoring and id rather the Catalan press didnt do that.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
The story that you are referring to only stated that Perez doesn't rate him but Mourinho was interested in signing him for Inter when he was their manager, again no quotes etc.

Hazem

Pretty sure ot was today mate but there was no public presentation, behinf closed doors due to renovations/work to the stadium

yea I know , I mean presenting to media and to the fans in y=the camp nou ?
will it be tomorrow at 13:00 as signing today ? Any HELP ?

Home of Barca Fans