Adriano Correia Claro

Shari

The starter LB would be Abidal, no doubts about that. But I think first substitute for him should be Adriano since Maxwell has proven himself useless several times.

S

Sharkswithlaserbeams

The starter LB would be Abidal, no doubts about that. But I think first substitute for him should be Adriano since Maxwell has proven himself useless several times.

That was my reaction to the signing, too. But I haven't watched Adriano carefully enough to have a well-informed judgment, to be honest. But I feel better with Maxwell subbing in the midfield.

ranjix

Jefecito
He is two-footed player and can play as a Defender as well as Midfielder. I guess that is an advantage for us.

B

blaugranamtl

Yea and at 25 he we adquire a player with a good experience in la liga, I am defenetly pleased with him coming with us

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
thas a joke he was signing of the season for me last year....

zanela

It was a bit harsh! He looked shaky when exposed against Walcott's pace at the Emirates but apart from that, i think he was pretty reliable last term

I actually agree with Shari's post. He looked vulnerable when dealing with pace. It was not just Walcott, but Pablo, marica etc. When facing pacy wingers he almost always came second best. His worst was against the relegated Tenerife & the Inter performance wasn't very flattering either. But he is good going forward, so ppl tend to overlook his defensive shortcomings. You'd think he is the best LB in the world if you went by some of the hyperbole posted on his thread.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
I actually agree with Shari's post. He looked vulnerable when dealing with pace. It was not just Walcott, but Pablo, marica etc. When facing pacy wingers he almost always came second best. His worst was against the relegated Tenerife & the Inter performance wasn't very flattering either. But he is good going forward, so ppl tend to overlook his defensive shortcomings. You'd think he is the best LB in the world if you went by some of the hyperbole posted on his thread.
He is the best LB in the world, for ~5 million euros.

Co0ter

I think people just like scapegoats. Someone posted that all 3 goals vs Inter the first game came from the left, hence they were all Maxwells fault. I' watched the game 2-3 times that week they lost and I dont remember it dawning on me what-so-ever that any of the goals were his fault. One was clearly Alves fault, the others were due to poor marking by the CBs and a load of lucky bullshit from Diego Milito. I hope he has the worst season possible for Inter b/c I dont think he's worth even half the quality he luckily displayed last season. Harsh, but my honest opinion of him. A wonder season if I've ever seen one.

Back to Maxwell. He was a bit shaky a few times in the begining of the season but once he settled down, especially when Abidal was hurt and he played most of the last 1/3 of the season he was FANTASTIC. A LB/RB will get burnt by a pacey winger once in a while, thats why wingers are supposed to be pacey. He messed up a few times, most of them not major, so I guess he's not that good. I guess Pique and Puyol especially are rubbish, b/c they mess up all the time. Don't even get me started on Bousquets, he screws up more than anyone. For 4.5 million Maxwell has been GREAT and way better than expected.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans