Adriano Correia Claro

Vegy

I want to see Adriano playing as a CB, not in a 4-3-3 formation, but in a 3-4-3 or 3-1-3-3. I think he is mobile enough and could become very handy if we face opposition with fast forwards.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Nooooo, Alves has to remain as RB, Adriano is much more of a winger than Alves will ever be... Alves is awesome as RB because his offensive contribution comes from behind of our forward line, making him the extra player we need to deploy tiki-taka football, also his runs from behind surprise opposition's defense and enables our players to pass through-balls in his direction... On the other hand Adriano is always willing to go one on one against his defender and cross the ball, more in the vein of a traditional winger, Adriano is not that interested in linking up and making one-two's like Alves, he is determined to beat his marker and cross the ball...

The above was quite evident in the match against Valencia, Alves rarely took on his man and was working with our horizontal play in mind, while Adriano came all guns blazing and beat his man a few times...

Barcafan 2304

Fair enough but Alves, particularly in big games and against opposition that are good on the counter like Valencia, will have to have cover provided for him when going forward or temper his attacking instincts to some degree. Not having a go at Alves himself, that is something Pep will have to consider and remedy

M

mitkoa7x

Adriano absolutely must play against Bate, he is going upwards ever since the game against Arsenal.

Galning

He was alright. He looks so much more awesome when played on the right, whether it's as a RB or a winger.

LaMessiah

i honestly prefer him on the wings... he likes to take on players and that's needed late in games when the opposing team is tired. he's kind of weak defensively although his speed makes up for a lot of mistakes

Barcilliant

I love watching him tearing down the wings, running at players and putting crosses in. His long range passes are better then Alves-he's faster, has better dribbling skills-he does make defensive errors though and thats why Pep probably hasnt played him as often.

Home of Barca Fans