Adrien Rabiot

xXKonan

I feel like BBZ is painting a picture of Rabiot that doesn't even exist.

He's tall but no he isn't a thug type Midfielder, far from it. This is what happens when you look at stats and his height and think "Wow this guy is a tall dude and his defensive stats look okay so that means he's a thuggish CM that we need!" instead of actually watching him play.

If we are looking at players in our squad right now he's far closer to the likes of Busi and Arthur than a Vidal in terms of style. I mean god damn Andre Gomes is the same height as Rabiot he's about as thuggish and intimidating as a teddy bear. that can also apply to Rabiot.

Rabiot's strengths lie elsewhere.

FCB1987

Banned
Pepista writing an article.
Coutinho, good midfielder for him.
Arthur, good for him.
Alena and Puig, the future.
Frenkie, a sure signing.

These 4 guys except Frenkie can't make two tackles combined over two matches.

He says: two most important skills: move the ball quickly and dribble in tight spaces.

This author has nailed it.
I mean, who needs anything else in football except these two skills?

This author is writing: a simplified version of football for kids aged 6.

Pace, physicality, and athleticism are far more important for the modern midfielder than being a tall lump like Rabiot, Matic, Fellaini, or Gomes.

KingLeo10

6 year old pepista vision CL wins: more than 1, 100% Win percentage in finals in last 10 years.

Football savant, nuanced, physical, workhorse vision of the game as exemplified by Juventus, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Roma: 1 CL win (on penalties) in 6 CL finals appearances in last 10 or so years.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

FCB1987

Banned
I feel like BBZ is painting a picture of Rabiot that doesn't even exist.

He's tall but no he isn't a thug type Midfielder, far from it. This is what happens when you look at stats and his height and think "Wow this guy is a tall dude and his defensive stats look okay so that means he's a thuggish CM that we need!" instead of actually watching him play.

If we are looking at players in our squad right now he's far closer to the likes of Busi and Arthur than a Vidal in terms of style. I mean god damn Andre Gomes is the same height as Rabiot he's about as thuggish and intimidating as a teddy bear. that can also apply to Rabiot.

Rabiot's strengths lie elsewhere.

exactly. just look at how easily players such as Rabiot/Matic got overrun and played around against City and Liverpool this season.

xXKonan

exactly. just look at how easily players such as Rabiot/Matic got overrun and played around against City and Liverpool this season.
I mean get why people think he could be a good option for us but expecting him to be some tough physical Midfielder like a Vidal, is unrealistic because that's not what Rabiot is.

FCB1987

Banned
Rabiot is much closer to being a slower and clumsier version of Rakitic than the physically dominating Yaya Toure or Vieira type player that BBZ expects him to be.

BBZ8800

Rabiot gets outrun.
Arthur and Coutinho can't tackle anyone.

What we will do now?
Why is Arthur with 0,3-0,5 interceptions and tackles per match a good defensive option and Rabiot with 1,5 in both is not?

I might be overrating players like Rabiot, but you guys are also insanely overrating some other players from this post.

I don't think that I have seen any replies and explanations about Arthur's extremely poor individual defensive stats and team's stats where Barca is leaking 1,63 goals on average whenever he is a starter.

I know, he is press resistant, a controller and the opponents can't outrun him like they can outrun Rabiot.
Why horrible defensive stats then?

Do you want to go into a CL quarters with a guy who makes 0,3+0,5 interceptions and tackles per match?

Gnidrologist

Rabiot gets outrun.
0,3-0,5 interceptions
I'm p. sure that with Arthur on the pitch we have more control over the overall play and thus have less defending to do, which would lessen the need to tackle in the first place. I may be wrong as i'm not a stats freak, but to the eye at least it was always my impression.

Jombi

Rabiot gets outrun.
Arthur and Coutinho can't tackle anyone.

What we will do now?
Why is Arthur with 0,3-0,5 interceptions and tackles per match a good defensive option and Rabiot with 1,5 in both is not?

I might be overrating players like Rabiot, but you guys are also insanely overrating some other players from this post.

I don't think that I have seen any replies and explanations about Arthur's extremely poor individual defensive stats and team's stats where Barca is leaking 1,63 goals on average whenever he is a starter.

I know, he is press resistant, a controller and the opponents can't outrun him like they can outrun Rabiot.
Why horrible defensive stats then?

Do you want to go into a CL quarters with a guy who makes 0,3+0,5 interceptions and tackles per match?

I looked up Arthur's four starts in the CL. He made 1.75 tackles per game (he didnt start against PSV). Defense is far more than tackles and interceptions. You sound like when you wanted to blow 120m on Milinkovic-Savic and hyped up Andre Gomes because they were tall midfielders without knowing anything about them.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans