Adrien Rabiot

KingLeo10

Clubs of Real and Barca's stature don't hold players against their wills.

It's almost as if prestige is something built over decades and decades of achievement, excellence, and lore. :lol:

Theconomist

So newcomers shouldn’t try also building a good football club?
If some rich middle eastern people want to invest in a European club why are you people so negative about it? Any foreign direct investment benefits all of the leagues indirectly.
What should a club that’s relatively new to the limelight that gets treated like this by players it invests so much in and that doesn’t have the endless talent pool of young players willing to join? If we listened to you guys PSG should basically close the club and all go kill themselves.

El Flaco

Paris United also mentioned that Spurs offered Rabiot a 3 year contract, an €8M salary and a 'respectable' transfer fee to PSG but without a bonus, Rabiot rejected Spurs. Barca is the sole January transfer option.

BBZ8800

I'm p. sure that with Arthur on the pitch we have more control over the overall play and thus have less defending to do, which would lessen the need to tackle in the first place. I may be wrong as i'm not a stats freak, but to the eye at least it was always my impression.

Whenever he plays in La liga, we are conceding more than with any other midfielder on a field.
So, when he plays:
1. both a teams conceded more
2. and his individual defensive stats are bad

I looked up Arthur's four starts in the CL. He made 1.75 tackles per game (he didnt start against PSV).

Try La liga matches, sample is bigger.
0,5 and 0,3 in these 2 stats.
Other stats are equally as horrible.

Defense is far more than tackles and interceptions.

True.
But I can't find any statistical data for now which would imply that Arthur is a good defender.
And my personal eye test was never impressed with his defending.
He is GOOD in pressuring the opponents when we lose the ball (that type of fast pressure, Pep's style).
But when the opponent has a possession and plays slowly around our box, I was not too impressed with his defending.
In counters, the same thing, quite bad to meh.

We'll see over time whether he will improve in the eye test, individual stats and number of goals conceded by a team whenever he is on a field.

Regarding the part: defending is way more than Tackles and Interceptions.
Then what about is: if Rabiot already has good tackles and interceptions, maybe he ALSO has way more defensive virtues which can't be measured in stats?

But you guys won't like that option.

Devils

[tw]1079113586235056129[/tw]

[tw]1079117752080699392[/tw]

Damn, his mother is a total hustler. Gotta respect the hustle.

Porque

If you agree a deal then you stick to it. Rabiots mother fucked up.

So newcomers shouldn’t try also building a good football club?
If some rich middle eastern people want to invest in a European club why are you people so negative about it? Any foreign direct investment benefits all of the leagues indirectly.
What should a club that’s relatively new to the limelight that gets treated like this by players it invests so much in and that doesn’t have the endless talent pool of young players willing to join? If we listened to you guys PSG should basically close the club and all go kill themselves.

Dont agree with this. Firstly PSG have a huge talent pool being the only dog in the Paris diaspora to sign for their academy.

Secondly they are being completely classless and exposing there inner culture with this saga. Rabiot is fulfilling his work obligations. He just doesnt want to renew for whatever reasons he has, which are within his workers rights. PSG are effectively punishing him for this is a demotion unrelated to permormance and disallowance of access to work facilities.

Imagine someone working at an office or restaurant giving in their one month notice, then suddenly the employer decides to not allowing them to perform their job. Next thing they refuse them access to the work facilities. This is what PSG are doing.

As for players leaving within 6 months on contract. Barcelona have the same issue this season with Munir. You won't so such petty activity by the club. He won't be demoted to train with the B team.

PSG goalkeeper Buffon was signed on a free (double standards much?) And Juve didnt stop playing him.

Liverpool lost Emre Can for free and played him in the the CL final.

De Vrij and Goretzka also left their respective clubs on frees last year.

You can see the difference here between normal football clubs and Prison Slave Gulag.

Lutece FC

The coach has all the right to chose who he wants. Your comparaison with slavery is pure stupidity. Players have a contrat with their club, both parties have rights and obligations to eachother. THe player can leave his club at the end of his contract, and the club has the right to not choose him until the end of his contrat. Law is respected.

Malcolm case is much more criticable than the Rabiot case IMO.

This is definitely not god for him. He will need some time to get back in shape.

I read some sarcasm here when i say exactly the same thing.

I still think Rabiot is a good player, he will play numerous games but not as a regular starter. It's a lose for Paris, and a good signing for Barca.
Now the club will have to deal with his ego, his attitude and his mother. Not that easy.

Lutece FC

Imagine someone working at an office or restaurant giving in their one month notice, then suddenly the employer decides to not allowing them to perform their job. Next thing they refuse them access to the work facilities. This is what PSG are doing..

Stupid comparaison. In French we say : "Comparaison is not reason", comparing the economy of a restaurant with a professional football club, a one month notice with the end of a professional player contract. Perform their job compared with Not access to the changing room. He is not choosen by Tuchel , he has no reason to have an access to the changing room.

Just a sutpidity. It's just bad faith.

Buffon contract, he is more than 40... Juve didn't want to extend him ... Stupidity after another one.

By the way, what's your opinion on Malcom case ?

Last edited:

Givenchy

you really cant blame PSG for this, Veratti you may have a point about prison but Rabiot from what i've seen and heard comes across as an entitled dickhead with a entourage 2nd only to Neymar in greed

it should be an honor to join Barca, especially after his pathetic behaviour with the national team, he can shove that contract and signing bonus up his french ass

Home of Barca Fans