Adrien Rabiot

Leo_Messi

It has looked like a done deal for months. This just further confirms it. Only more absurd demands from Rabiot's mother could mess this deal up as I see it.

I would actually not be against buying him for a small fee (there has been talk of 5 million euros) next month. His early arrival might be one of the very few excuses available for Valverde to actually rest Rakitic and Busquets more. That alone would make the transfer worth it. Likewise the sign-on-bonus would be smaller.

It probably depends on whether the club can sell Denis Suárez next month. Rafinha is out for the reminder of the season. Samper's contract will expire in July and Valverde does not count on him at all. All 3 could relatively easily find themselves without an actual first team squad number for the reminder of the season if the board wants that to occur.

Rabiot arriving next month would give him additional time to acclimatize and make himself familiar with the club, teammates, playing style, coaching staff, the city etc. However it might just be 1 midfielder too many so unlikely to occur but the idea is not a bad one in practice if he is already nailed on arriving in the first place.

A smart and visionary board (which we have not had since 2010) would have sold Rakitic to QSG for 80-90 million euros (or more or a little less) last summer and bought Rabiot or someone else as his replacement last summer or this January. Or De Jong last summer and Rabiot this January. In such I case there would be space for both in the squad and we would have earned a big sum of money for a 30 year old and declining Rakitic. Alas. If pigs could fly and the rest.

Last edited:

FCB1987

Banned
If we sold Rakitic for 70-80m and then brought in Rabiot for free and De Jong with the money, I wouldn't be against the deal.

raskolnikov

I dont like it. Some entitled pussy momma’s boy who is not even a great player. Signing him is just a petty get back at psg for signing Neymar.
If we sign this Andre Gomes level player with the cr7 attitude he will be nothing more than a future bargaining chip for a real world class middielder.

Givenchy

poor decision from our board, unless Frankie is also lined up

Rabiot isn't Gomes level, thats pretty ridiculous but hes nowhere near worth the wages he wants. Barto is probably sitting smug af right now thinking hes got one over PSG but all we've done is take an troublesome bratty player off them leaving them a space in midfield to fill with a De Jong level talent.

i know many here hate PSG but burning more bridges isn't going to help us long term.

Barcilliant

I dont like it. Some entitled pussy momma’s boy who is not even a great player. Signing him is just a petty get back at psg for signing Neymar.
If we sign this Andre Gomes level player with the cr7 attitude he will be nothing more than a future bargaining chip for a real world class middielder.

I am still wondering why other clubs are not falling over themselves to sign this guy.
Spurs tried but lowballed as usual. I think Rabiot is actually a better fit for a club like Juve. I'm surprised they haven't jumped at the opportunity.

xXKonan

I am still wondering why other clubs are not falling over themselves to sign this guy.
Spurs tried but lowballed as usual. I think Rabiot is actually a better fit for a club like Juve. I'm surprised they haven't jumped at the opportunity.
Largely due to the fact the other clubs don't want to pay what Rabiot and his mom wants in Salary and Signing Bonuses.

And they probably don't want to deal with his mom either. As she seems like someone that you cannot trust to keep an agreement with.

YodaMaster

I don't think that I have seen any replies and explanations about Arthur's extremely poor individual defensive stats and team's stats where Barca is leaking 1,63 goals on average whenever he is a starter.

Well check again because I did post a reply to your imaginary claims about Arthur and the midfield on Coutinho thread page 944. You just ignored it, or maybe you blocked me since it's not the first time I call you out on your bullshit claims.

As I told you in Coutinho thread page 944: STOP WITH YOUR FAKE STATS, ARTHUR'S DEFENSIVE STATS ARE BETTER THAN THE FALSE NUMBERS YOU KEEP ON BRINGING UP.

MORE IMPORTANTLY: STATS DON'T TELL EVEN HALF THE STORY !

I wrote with capital letters just to make sure this time you can see.

Home of Barca Fans