Adrien Rabiot

George_Costanza

Welcome Rabiot

workhors.jpg

serghei

Between Rabiot for 10m. and Frenkie for 80, I'd take Rabiot all day, every day. We also have Arthur, let's not forget that for a second. And Alena too.

Sorin

Between Rabiot for 10m. and Frenkie for 80, I'd take Rabiot all day, every day. We also have Arthur, let's not forget that for a second. And Alena too.

Rabiot will eat into Arthur's and Alena's minutes since he is not a DM.

FCBfan22

Well, I think actually the best for us would be to sell Rakitić and buy Ndombele and play something like:

Coutinho/Rabiot/Puig -----------Vidal/Arthur/Alena
--------------Busquets/Ndombele/Oriol-------------

With plenty of rotation :valverde: .

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Can’t wait to see Rabiot-Busi-Raki starting every game. Love me a midfield of turtles.

Zebulun

im so conflicted with this transfer. from a financial / squad depth its a good deal. however, to me his skillset offers nothing that Alena/rakitic doesnt currently. i have no problem getting him to replace denis/raf/gomes but not at the expense of frenkie.

serghei

im so conflicted with this transfer. from a financial / squad depth its a good deal. however, to me his skillset offers nothing that Alena/rakitic doesnt currently. i have no problem getting him to replace denis/raf/gomes but not at the expense of frenkie.

I think we'll have to wait and see. I think he could bring a combination of technique, athleticism and intensity that we're lacking. Looks to me like a pretty well rounded player, and based on the highlights I've seen I'm a bit impressed with his first touch and passing range and vision. But then, it's mostly Ligue 1 and we all know what is like to play for PSG in Ligue 1 against mostly scrubs.

I think he could actually be an improvement over Rakitic quite soon if he develops a bit. He's actually younger than I thought, only 23. He's been around in top football quite a while for his young age.

Imo whenever he played DM especially for Netherlands he looked better.

It's different though. If he was to play DM for us against big teams he would be eaten alive. I think it's time to move to a DM who brings more steel as it's very unlikely we'll manage to find someone like Pep Guardiola for the managing spot. It's not like Frenkie is anywhere near Busquets either. Busquets at 21 was probably the best DM in the World. Or close.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Both are not natural DM but De Jong is definitely a better DM than Rabiot, there is no argument there.

Rabiot played better when he was more forward, whenever he played DM he was just atrocious.

Home of Barca Fans