Adrien Rabiot

CatalinR10

On what basis are we giving this clown 10M a year? I don't get it. Just because you're a free agent, why ruin that deal by destroying your wage structure even more?

I get that we have Messi who distorts the wage structure a bit, but it's clowns like Rabiot and Arda Turan, that we should not be handing out such large wages to. Let him prove himself here, then you can give him a big fat wage. This is why free agents are such a double edged sword - you're stuck with a guy on your books, and a seemingly problematic guy at that.

because he's a free agent , in other circumstances he would have made around 5-7 mil but we would have payed over 50 mil easily for him.

I want him here but only as a sub , he's a much better option to have on the bench than Denis Suarez or Rafinha but i think in the end the board is getting him to be a starter, sadly.

Him as free + de Jong would have been amazing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Seriously, we are going after free players and saving all the money for what? To pay off our debt or there is a huge deal coming like Neymar?

I hope not.

We're sending Dembele to PSG and signing Neymar in a player + 150m deal :neymar:

Thus sending [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] in a state of eternal agony.

BarçaBarça

As long as he is willing to be a bench-player it's fine. Although Alena needs more playingtime next season, and this could hinder his minutes-count, so I'm not very happy with this.
Too expensive for a squad-player on those wages, tbh. If we didn't have Vidal also, then maybe, but with De Jong also coming there isn't much space for Alena/Puig unless Rakitic gets sold.
That could be an option of course...

FCBfan22

Selling Dembele at this point would be one of the stupidest things to do. As would be getting back Neymar.

Buying Kane for stupid money is another thing I don't want to see.

Devils

On what basis are we giving this clown 10M a year? I don't get it. Just because you're a free agent, why ruin that deal by destroying your wage structure even more?

I get that we have Messi who distorts the wage structure a bit, but it's clowns like Rabiot and Arda Turan, that we should not be handing out such large wages to. Let him prove himself here, then you can give him a big fat wage. This is why free agents are such a double edged sword - you're stuck with a guy on your books, and a seemingly problematic guy at that.

His mom seems to be a very good agent. The type of person I would representing me if I were a footballer.

Can't knock her hustle.

clemente

Can't wait till his mother starts threatening Bartomeu for lack of playing time, or that he is being played not AM.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
As long as he is willing to be a bench-player it's fine. Although Alena needs more playingtime next season, and this could hinder his minutes-count, so I'm not very happy with this.
Too expensive for a squad-player on those wages, tbh. If we didn't have Vidal also, then maybe, but with De Jong also coming there isn't much space for Alena/Puig unless Rakitic gets sold.
That could be an option of course...

De Jong is not coming, based on the latest reports in the Netherlands and France. He is going to PSG.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His mom seems to be a very good agent. The type of person I would representing me if I were a footballer.

Can't knock her hustle.

I'd rather have Neymar's dad though. He'll get you the club paying for his orgies too. Imagine that.

Vilarrubi

Wish he was coming in Jan tbh.. give players like Rakitic competition and we could see if we would need more midfielders by summer.

Neeraj

because he's a free agent , in other circumstances he would have made around 5-7 mil but we would have payed over 50 mil easily for him.

I want him here but only as a sub , he's a much better option to have on the bench than Denis Suarez or Rafinha but i think in the end the board is getting him to be a starter, sadly.

Him as free + de Jong would have been amazing.

See, I agree with this part. Having a Rabiot type player would be sufficient in 90% of La Liga matches, and he would be better than Rafinha and Deniz for sure. However, he's a problem child; there's no way I can see him being content as a rotational player. On top of that, you have a wage limit, which is not worth compromising on for someone like him.

Plus, we have a simpleton for a coach. So this guy might just join Rakitic and Busquets and replace Arthur for all we know. Valverde IS that stupid, he's proven it sufficiently now.

Neeraj

Wish he was coming in Jan tbh.. give players like Rakitic competition and we could see if we would need more midfielders by summer.

Unless Rabiot is coming in with his own truck full of Valverde nudes, ain't nobody giving Rakitic competition mate.

psychotsek

I liked him at P$G. 10m isn't that bad either at the current market. Either way we spend 50m for 5 years on potentially great player or we sell him after 3 years having spend nothing plus P$G gets nothing in return.

Rabiot,Puig,Arthur and probably De Jong and we might have a future WC midfield.

Home of Barca Fans