Adrien Rabiot

YodaMaster

To all people writting "Yeah Rabiot isn't exemplary but we bought Suarez".

I have one thing to say.

Suarez had disciplinary problems ON THE PITCH because of his borderline involvement. Suarez never had problems with teammates and coaches. Suarez has always been exemplary outside the pitch. In Rabiot's case, it's the contrary which is the worst.

Never say such stupid things again. Thanks.

BBZ8800

Interesting facts about Rabiot.
He debuted under Ancelotti aged 17 years and 4 months.
He played 9 matches aged 17 for Psg in the first part of a season, and 13 matches for Tolouse in the 2nd part of a season (a loan).
So, he was loaned as 17 years old to a 1st division team.

Aged 18, under Blanc, he played 34 matches.
Aged 19, under Blanc, he played 33 matches.
Aged 20, under Blanc, he played 42 matches.

By the age of 20, he played 89 senior matches for Psg and Tolouse.
By the age of 21, he played 131 matches.

For a comparison, Alena has turned 21 today.
And Oriol will turn 20 in two weeks.

Alena, aged 21, 6 matches for Barca.
Oriol, aged 20, 0 matches for Barca.

Last edited:

YodaMaster

Please people watch this video. It's only 2 minutes long. You'll see how great a workhorse Rabiot is.

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] my best friend, I'm waiting for your feedback, Mr. IDontWatchMatchesButIWatchAllTheNumbers.

By the age of 20, he played 89 senior matches for Psg and Tolouse.
By the age of 21, he played 131 matches.

For a comparison, Alena has turned 21 today.
And Oriol will turn 20 in two weeks.

Cool story bro.

You forgot to mention that Rabiot's competition during all these years were the likes of Bodmer, Chantome, Cabaye, Stambouli,... (I bet you didn't even know these guys existed) and finally his biggest rival the almighty Matuidi. And the 2 undisputed starters were the injury prone Motta and Verratti.

Alena's competition is Iniesta, Coutinho, Arthur, Rakitic, Vidal, Denis, Rafinha.

Two different leagues in term of competition.

Plus PSG is a club that trust 100 times more its youth academy than Barça since Rosell/Barto.

You couldn't get any more irrelevant numbers dear BBZ.

Arizona Scott

But you also have to wonder how many of them actually wanted to pay the fees Rabiot and his mom wanted as well.

Rabiot is an attractive option but I think a lot of clubs were turned a bit off by the wages and fees Rabiot and his entourage as well. Also doesn't help his mom is a bit shifty.

Rabiot clearly didn't want to downgrade from PSG (Tottenham), that reduced the pool to less than two hands right there. And yes few can afford the wages. Barca is one of them.

I don't really understand where you are coming from. Bayern and Juve literally jut tied down players in the same quality level as Rabiot in Emre Can and Goretzka from free transfers. So yeah maybe they don't need Rabiot specifically based on their squad requirements, but they are the type of clubs who are proactive in securing these types of players should the opportunity present itself.

I actually think we signed Vidal because we couldn't secure Goretzka who we were farily strongly linked with last year.

Can is nowhere near as talented--I don't think that similar. Liverpool never tried to resign him and didn't badmouth him like PSG did/has done for Rabiot, they were a little like, meh, go ahead and leave.

Goretzka's Bayern wages and fees are very similar to the Rabiot situation. Would have likely been a good deal for Barca but he chose to stay at the only elite club in his own county. It does I think show Rabiots figures are what one would expect for a free, and a bargain relative to the cost of acquiring such a player with a medium/long term contract. Look at Vidal, nearly the same wages and 20 mil fee for a 31 year old--what would he be at 25 (4x that)? Keita, with only glimpses, went for what, nearly 70 in the fee, same for Pulisic?

Last edited:

psychotsek

Sign him and in a few years get Abidal,Dembelle Rabiot and co to convince Mbappe to refuse an contract extension and sign for FCB for free.

BenRobbins

I don't like this signing for the midfield. He refuses to be a 6 that PSG want him to be because he thinks he is too talented and important for that role and wants to play further up the pitch. He is nowhere near that talented and hardworking say compared to Pogba who he wants to play a similar role as.

Plus the wage demands and other options on the market this is just a lazy, poor move from the board yet again.

BBZ8800

Cool story bro.

You forgot to mention that Rabiot's competition during all these years were the likes of Bodmer, Chantome, Cabaye, Stambouli,... (I bet you didn't even know these guys existed) and finally his biggest rival the almighty Matuidi. And the 2 undisputed starters were the injury prone Motta and Verratti.

2012/13, 17 years old Rabiot played.
Psg's midfielders: Beckham, Veratti, Motta, Matuidi, Pastore, Menez, Moura :lol:

Did his mum forced a coach to play 17 years old kid even though he had these players?

** About your remark about a different league.
Farmer's league is not much better than matches against Getafe, Leganes, Girona, Rayo and similar.

** About your video, I can find 100 videos of Arthur or anyone (especially Busquets) in these situations.
Btw, in the last match before Christmas, Arthur carelessly passed the ball to an opponent in our box when he was the last man, but luckily, we haven't conceded a goal.
I waited patiently for a few weeks to see whether ANYONE will mention that incident.

No one.
Abosolutely no one from his lovers.
Care to explain?

I know the answer:
EACH players has lots of pros and cons.
If you like a player, you will only see his pros (Arthur: Barca's DNA, moves like Xavi, press resistant, controller. But you won't see his cons like pace, forward passing, poor defending, brainfarts in defending, poor marking numerous times equal to what Rabiot is doing in this video).
On the other hand, if you don't like a player (Rabiot), you won't see too many pros.
When he plays from the age of 17=that will be because he plays against horses and cows in farmer's league and not against human footballers.
And every single flaw is exaggerrated insanely.

Btw, Psg 2013/14, 18 years old Rabiot played 34 matches.
Midfielders: Veratti, Motta, Cabaye, Matuidi, Pastore, Moura, Menez.

Doesn't look that much worse than Busi, Raki, Vidal, Arthur, which is 21 years old Alena's competition, right?
Or, Oriol, who's progress will Rabiot hinder.
Yet, a 20 years old Oriol played 0 matches for Barca till now.

The most funny twist ever will be if Rabiot will turn out to be a better player than Alena, Arthur, Oriol, Puig and others.
Can't wait for alibies and excuses here :lol:

Btw, Rabiot's debut in Ligue 1, aged 17 years 4 Months in 2012 against Bordeaux:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE_SHcU_SIE

Compare him to a 21 years old Alena who looks lost as fuck whenever he is on a field today.
Or, imagine if some La Masia kid played that way aged 17 for Barca.
Imagine a hype here how he is cool, composed, mental strength made of steel, what a leader, a future captain, a future coach, a future president etc.

Last edited:

Jombi

Alena, aged 21, 6 matches for Barca.

I dont think any of the youth players you hate (Alena, Oriol, Puig etc) will make it either. Which means nothing, since its very easy to say that they are all shit and everyone who isnt an established superstar is likely to be shit, but far more difficult to judge who makes it, which requires really good judgement. Puyol made his La Liga debut at 21.5 years old. For a comparison Bojan made his debut at 17 years and 19 days and at 20 years old had played a whooping 163 senior games for us...

Last edited:

Remy savage

I don't like this signing for the midfield. He refuses to be a 6 that PSG want him to be because he thinks he is too talented and important for that role and wants to play further up the pitch. He is nowhere near that talented and hardworking say compared to Pogba who he wants to play a similar role as.

Plus the wage demands and other options on the market this is just a lazy, poor move from the board yet again.

First post and all that. Personally, I feel though we as fans might be opposed to certain signings, but once the club looks like gonna sign the players, we should support them wholeheartedly & give them the benefit of the doubt they will succeed instead of casting them off as failures and poor decisions by the board before they have even played a training game.

Now instead of most fans being like "Ok, we've signed Rabiot. Let's see how it goes. Hopefully he will be good".

His every move will be put under a magnifying glass, hoping to show what a flop and terrible signing he is. When a players every single mistake will be magnified and criticised, the bad will always overshadow the good qualities, For example, say someone dislikes Messi. All he would probably focus on is Messi isn't a good right winger in my team. I need a right winger who can defend and run around like a headless chicken and its kind of hard to succeed in a place where those who are meant to support you are rooting for you to fail.

Also to be fair to the board, we all said the Paulinho deal was a terrible decision (though I won't want to do it again). He might not have been the best midfielde, but he clearly added to the team and played a rope in the season we had. He is also fondly remembered.

During the whole Vidal transfer saga, there were a lot of fans saying it was a terrible signing and saying the board was incompetent as they were signing "Bayern Rejects"(put in the whole Rabiot and being a PSG reject here). In retrospect that has been shown to be wrong as Vidal has shown his quality in his games for us and a lot of Bayern fans are wishing they didn't sell him.

Also a lot of fans were of the view that Vidal's attitude/personality would be cancerous on the field and in the locker room. That also has turned out to be incorrect (Rabiot and his mom's shitty attitude). Let's give our players the benefit of the doubt and a season or two before we reject them.

Off Topic, but same point. If the club see Todibo as De Ligt's backup plan, our scouts might have spotted something in him. And in 2 years or so, we as fans would be bragging about how Todibo was a smart deal and a top notch bargain while we grin and mock the A, B or C club that splurged on De Ligt.

Jombi

abidal should be sacked because of this signing

We've signed an instant impact established superstar in Coutinho for 160m euros and sky high wage and he's been underwhelming to put it kindly, yet signing 24 year old Rabiot for a fraction of that should lead to sacking?

serghei

First post and all that. Personally, I feel though we as fans might be opposed to certain signings, but once the club looks like gonna sign the players, we should support them wholeheartedly & give them the benefit of the doubt they will succeed instead of casting them off as failures and poor decisions by the board before they have even played a training game.

Now instead of most fans being like "Ok, we've signed Rabiot. Let's see how it goes. Hopefully he will be good".

His every move will be put under a magnifying glass, hoping to show what a flop and terrible signing he is. When a players every single mistake will be magnified and criticised, the bad will always overshadow the good qualities, For example, say someone dislikes Messi. All he would probably focus on is Messi isn't a good right winger in my team. I need a right winger who can defend and run around like a headless chicken and its kind of hard to succeed in a place where those who are meant to support you are rooting for you to fail.

Also to be fair to the board, we all said the Paulinho deal was a terrible decision (though I won't want to do it again). He might not have been the best midfielde, but he clearly added to the team and played a rope in the season we had. He is also fondly remembered.

During the whole Vidal transfer saga, there were a lot of fans saying it was a terrible signing and saying the board was incompetent as they were signing "Bayern Rejects"(put in the whole Rabiot and being a PSG reject here). In retrospect that has been shown to be wrong as Vidal has shown his quality in his games for us and a lot of Bayern fans are wishing they didn't sell him.

Also a lot of fans were of the view that Vidal's attitude/personality would be cancerous on the field and in the locker room. That also has turned out to be incorrect (Rabiot and his mom's shitty attitude). Let's give our players the benefit of the doubt and a season or two before we reject them.

Off Topic, but same point. If the club see Todibo as De Ligt's backup plan, our scouts might have spotted something in him. And in 2 years or so, we as fans would be bragging about how Todibo was a smart deal and a top notch bargain while we grin and mock the A, B or C club that splurged on De Ligt.

Pretty good stuff for a first post. :thumbsup:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Imo Rabiot is a much safer option than De Jong. The Dutchman has had only a year of continuous playing time in midfield, whereas Rabiot has been playing first team football since 17, and a couple of De Jong's great performances in the Nations League do not change that. For me, he is definitely not worth 70m or whatever PSG are going to pay for him. Get Rabiot for free and splash the money on a quality CB and a striker. A back-up LB preferably as well.

Home of Barca Fans