Adrien Rabiot

Devils

First post and all that. Personally, I feel though we as fans might be opposed to certain signings, but once the club looks like gonna sign the players, we should support them wholeheartedly & give them the benefit of the doubt they will succeed instead of casting them off as failures and poor decisions by the board before they have even played a training game.

Now instead of most fans being like "Ok, we've signed Rabiot. Let's see how it goes. Hopefully he will be good".

His every move will be put under a magnifying glass, hoping to show what a flop and terrible signing he is. When a players every single mistake will be magnified and criticised, the bad will always overshadow the good qualities, For example, say someone dislikes Messi. All he would probably focus on is Messi isn't a good right winger in my team. I need a right winger who can defend and run around like a headless chicken and its kind of hard to succeed in a place where those who are meant to support you are rooting for you to fail.

Also to be fair to the board, we all said the Paulinho deal was a terrible decision (though I won't want to do it again). He might not have been the best midfielde, but he clearly added to the team and played a rope in the season we had. He is also fondly remembered.

During the whole Vidal transfer saga, there were a lot of fans saying it was a terrible signing and saying the board was incompetent as they were signing "Bayern Rejects"(put in the whole Rabiot and being a PSG reject here). In retrospect that has been shown to be wrong as Vidal has shown his quality in his games for us and a lot of Bayern fans are wishing they didn't sell him.

Also a lot of fans were of the view that Vidal's attitude/personality would be cancerous on the field and in the locker room. That also has turned out to be incorrect (Rabiot and his mom's shitty attitude). Let's give our players the benefit of the doubt and a season or two before we reject them.

Off Topic, but same point. If the club see Todibo as De Ligt's backup plan, our scouts might have spotted something in him. And in 2 years or so, we as fans would be bragging about how Todibo was a smart deal and a top notch bargain while we grin and mock the A, B or C club that splurged on De Ligt.

This sort of logic doesn't work on here.

Say we decided to discard Rabiot and sign FDJ on a massive transfer fee which limits our abilities to make other signings. Well the same people who are calling Abidal and idiot now because he is not signing De Jong are the same people who are going to be calling him an idiot next season if we sign De Jong and fail to sign a back-up striker.

Jombi

Imo Rabiot is a much safer option than De Jong. The Dutchman has had only a year of continuous playing time in midfield, whereas Rabiot has been playing first team football since 17, and a couple of De Jong's great performances in the Nations League do not change that. For me, he is definitely not worth 70m or whatever PSG are going to pay for him. Get Rabiot for free and splash the money on a quality CB and a striker. A back-up LB preferably as well.

Its not about safer or not safer though. Its about quality. The 100 goal man Lukaku would have been a safer signing than 18 year old Mbappe as well. We should get both Rabiot and De Jong. If we cant, then try to get Aouar and Rabiot.

soul24rage

First post and all that. Personally, I feel though we as fans might be opposed to certain signings, but once the club looks like gonna sign the players, we should support them wholeheartedly & give them the benefit of the doubt they will succeed instead of casting them off as failures and poor decisions by the board before they have even played a training game.

Now instead of most fans being like "Ok, we've signed Rabiot. Let's see how it goes. Hopefully he will be good".

His every move will be put under a magnifying glass, hoping to show what a flop and terrible signing he is. When a players every single mistake will be magnified and criticised, the bad will always overshadow the good qualities, For example, say someone dislikes Messi. All he would probably focus on is Messi isn't a good right winger in my team. I need a right winger who can defend and run around like a headless chicken and its kind of hard to succeed in a place where those who are meant to support you are rooting for you to fail.

Also to be fair to the board, we all said the Paulinho deal was a terrible decision (though I won't want to do it again). He might not have been the best midfielde, but he clearly added to the team and played a rope in the season we had. He is also fondly remembered.

During the whole Vidal transfer saga, there were a lot of fans saying it was a terrible signing and saying the board was incompetent as they were signing "Bayern Rejects"(put in the whole Rabiot and being a PSG reject here). In retrospect that has been shown to be wrong as Vidal has shown his quality in his games for us and a lot of Bayern fans are wishing they didn't sell him.

Also a lot of fans were of the view that Vidal's attitude/personality would be cancerous on the field and in the locker room. That also has turned out to be incorrect (Rabiot and his mom's shitty attitude). Let's give our players the benefit of the doubt and a season or two before we reject them.

Off Topic, but same point. If the club see Todibo as De Ligt's backup plan, our scouts might have spotted something in him. And in 2 years or so, we as fans would be bragging about how Todibo was a smart deal and a top notch bargain while we grin and mock the A, B or C club that splurged on De Ligt.

Good first post. Rabiot is not my cup of tea for a variety of reasons but if he is officially a Barca player, I hope that he does well at our club.

Givenchy

we have bigger issues right now than worry about Rabiot tbh.. if EV decides to stay, regardless of players we sign, we'll see the same shit

xXKonan

The odds of us getting De Ligt are getting slimmer by the day.

I gave up on us getting at least one of the Ajax twins at this point.

YodaMaster

2012/13, 17 years old Rabiot played.
Psg's midfielders: Beckham, Veratti, Motta, Matuidi, Pastore, Menez, Moura :lol:

Did his mum forced a coach to play 17 years old kid even though he had these players?

Lol. Guy had the audacity to mention 38yo ex-winger Beckham, who PSG brought for the club image and not for his performances. You'd know that if you followed PSG at that time, which you didn't of course. You're not even seriously following them now, the proof to that is your completely wrong opinion on Rabiot's abilities.

Fortunately for you, wikipedia and whoscred exist. Otherwise, you wouldn't have much to say.

2012/2013 PSG's CM/DM (position that Rabiot actually plays at): Matuidi, Chantome, Verratti, Motta, 38yo Beckham who played 450 minutes altogether for PSG, and I'll be kind with you and add the forever injured Pastore who's a CAM and who also played winger.

Do you even know Lucas Moura and Jeremy Menez ??? They're wingers dude wtf are you talking about ? You gotta stop lying, seriously man...

** About your remark about a different league.

You misunderstood. I wanted to say different league in terms of competition for playing time. I wasn't talking about Ligue 1 and Liga.

** About your video, I can find 100 videos of Arthur or anyone (especially Busquets) in these situations.
Btw, in the last match before Christmas, Arthur carelessly passed the ball to an opponent in our box when he was the last man, but luckily, we haven't conceded a goal.
I waited patiently for a few weeks to see whether ANYONE will mention that incident.

Here we go ! So now you're comparing Rabiot's defensive contribution to Arthur's ? :lol:
It's a clear win for me since by your logic "Arthur = soft schoolboy, not good defender" and "Rabiot= tall and strong workhorse". Thank you.

Btw, Psg 2013/14, 18 years old Rabiot played 34 matches.
Midfielders: Veratti, Motta, Cabaye, Matuidi, Pastore, Moura, Menez.

Yup, Moura and Menez the 2 great B2B. Thanks for reinventing football BBZ.

BBZ8800

Well, nobody followed French league in 2012/13.
Majority of people here haven't watched Ndombele more than 2 times, nobody watched Malcom before Barca.
So yeah, I am posting infos from Wikipedia, of course.

I know that some of these guys are wingers.

But again, you are acting as if 17 years old Rabiot had an easy way to get in a lineup for Psg, while Alena/Puig have a tough job against:
Granny Busi
Granny Raki
A new guy Arthur
Forever injured Rafinha
A new granny Vidal
Samper, who never played.
Denis and Coutinho who are CAM-wingers.

My point is: if Rabiot played from the age 17, he surely has some skills.
Except in a case if Psg is known for playing 17 year old kids all the time, which I doubt, considering a fact that they can buy whomever they want.

YodaMaster

My point is: if Rabiot played from the age 17, he surely has some skills.

Dude, everybody knows that Rabiot is a good player, who could be very good. At 17-18, he was promising af. Now he's about to be 24, he didn't evolve as he should have and I suspect his shitty behaviour has something to do with that. Even now, he could be a good surprise and become world class, could definitely happen but it's unlikely. Drogba was playing at Guingamp until 26yo and then became one of the best strikers of his generation.

My problem with Rabiot is that he's not the profile we should be looking at. He's not great defensively, he's not great offensively. He's a french better version of André Gomes.

Except in a case if Psg is known for playing 17 year old kids all the time, which I doubt, considering a fact that they can buy whomever they want.

PSG is know for trusting its kids, indeed. Nkunku turned 21 last month. He has 69 games for PSG !

George_Costanza

Dude, everybody knows that Rabiot is a good player, who could be very good. At 17-18, he was promising af. Now he's about to be 24, he didn't evolve as he should have and I suspect his shitty behaviour has something to do with that. Even now, he could be a good surprise and become world class, could definitely happen but it's unlikely. Drogba was playing at Guingamp until 26yo and then became one of the best strikers of his generation.

My problem with Rabiot is that he's not the profile we should be looking at. He's not great defensively, he's not great offensively. He's a french better version of André Gomes.

PSG is know for trusting its kids, indeed. Nkunku turned 21 last month. He has 69 games for PSG !

Exactly, he is nothing special to jeopardize the club’s wage structure that has already compromised. Some people here just want a short-term solution and don't foresee a future problem and wider club stability. Rabiot has a bigger ego than Ibrahimovic but half his talent.

Players used to accept a pay-cut to join Barcelona. Now we have to overpay average players to join us and they still asking for more to join us. But yeah honestly what's so bad about being a cuck club?

Nasser for FC Barcelona president 2021 :hooray:

Home of Barca Fans