Adrien Rabiot

George_Costanza

Who is saying those numbers?
-Player like Rabiot is never worth just 5M salary when he is signing a new contract, at least he is worth 8M in free market.
-Players still get signing bonus when signing from other club. If he was sold for 60M he will at least get another 5M for himself as signing bonus.
-Agents gets 5% of the deal from buying club in current market. That is another 3M if he is sold for 60M
So overall, he is just getting 10M extra in salary, and 2M extra in Bonuses.
That is 48M over 5 years. Doesn't look bad to me.

- He isn't worth more than 5m, Casemiro is getting 5.5m, he plays for one of the biggest team, he is UCL winner, he is a starter in a powerhouse Brazil NT. Jorginho who just moved to Chelsea last summer and arguably a better player and a better fit for us his salary at Chelsea is 6m, Kante is 7m! Rabiot isn't even part of France NT and didn't participate in the WC, he isn't a world class player, why do you think he should earn. 10m (13m with signing bunos)? I would think you value his height more than anything. You are pricing him by inch, not talent. No way Rabiot is better than Casemiro, Kante, and Jorginho.

- A club like Barcelona shouldn't even pay any signing bonus. Players used to accept a pay-cut to move here. Enough of this loser mentality and degrading the club. If the player isn't eager to come here, he should fuck off.

-Agent? Isn't he on a free transfer? Why an agent is getting anything? And this is the problem, the agent isn't happy that he is on free, so high salary and a big signing bunos to compensate her.

khaled_a_d

- He isn't worth more than 5m, Casemiro is getting 5.5m, he plays for one of the biggest team, he is UCL winner, he is a starter in a powerhouse Brazil NT. Jorginho who just moved to Chelsea last summer and arguably a better player and a better fit for us his salary at Chelsea is 6m, Kante is 7m! Rabiot isn't even part of France NT and didn't participate in the WC, he isn't a world class player, why do you think he should earn. 10m (13m with signing bunos)? I would think you value his height more than anything. You are pricing him by inch, not talent. No way Rabiot is better than Casemiro, Kante, and Jorginho.

- A club like Barcelona shouldn't even pay any signing bonus. Players used to accept a pay-cut to move here. Enough of this loser mentality and degrading the club. If the player isn't eager to come here, he should fuck off.

-Agent? Isn't he on a free transfer? Why an agent is getting anything? And this is the problem, the agent isn't happy that he is on free, so high salary and a big signing bunos to compensate her.

-Other than Jorginho -a player moved from inferior club than PSG- non of those signed their contract recently, Kante is a bit modest guy actually and there is stories about he was offered ways to avoid taxes and rejected it. I don't value Rabiot that much and don't like his fit although I think people are underrating him as a player, but I think right now 5M salary is his market value, if De Ligt is asking for 12M salary then Rabiot for 8 million ain't that bad.

-We pay signing bonuses for players we renew man, we are probably the club who pays the most signing bonuses out there but it happens everywhere, and it actually happened for long time but people didn't know about it until recently. Even La Masia players get those signing bonuses, no club can live on their name and you need to pay and pay a lot. In fact the more successful we are the higher the salaries the players will want. I am not sure who took pay cut, I don't remember that since Laporta cutting salaries in 2003 & 2004.

-His agent isn't getting a bonus, but if he was signed through PSG he gets it, half decade ago it was usually subtracted from selling clubs but nowadays buying club pays it, and a lot of times agents wants a fixed number regardless of the deal. You aren't counting those from a potential transfer.

George_Costanza

-Other than Jorginho -a player moved from inferior club than PSG- non of those signed their contract recently, Kante is a bit modest guy actually and there is stories about he was offered ways to avoid taxes and rejected it. I don't value Rabiot that much and don't like his fit although I think people are underrating him as a player, but I think right now 5M salary is his market value, if De Ligt is asking for 12M salary then Rabiot for 8 million ain't that bad.

-We pay signing bonuses for players we renew man, we are probably the club who pays the most signing bonuses out there but it happens everywhere, and it actually happened for long time but people didn't know about it until recently. Even La Masia players get those signing bonuses, no club can live on their name and you need to pay and pay a lot. In fact the more successful we are the higher the salaries the players will want. I am not sure who took pay cut, I don't remember that since Laporta cutting salaries in 2003 & 2004.

-His agent isn't getting a bonus, but if he was signed through PSG he gets it, half decade ago it was usually subtracted from selling clubs but nowadays buying club pays it, and a lot of times agents wants a fixed number regardless of the deal. You aren't counting those from a potential transfer.

Khaled, you are a smart and respectable member of Barcaform but sometimes you are too stubborn and have an odd explanations to prove a point. But let me reply to what you said and add what I said eatlier.

- I don't consider Napoli as an inferior team to PSG, I would put them in the same bracket and maybe a slight edge to PSG. Napoli does play in a more superior league though.

- If De Ligt is asking for 12m then he should fuck off too. I'm assuming all this because the current Barcelona management is overpaying players. So the attraction or the merit to join Barcelona is becoming more and more financially rather than reputation and prestige. This is so wrong in many ways and should be addressed.

-Again, regarding salaries and signing bonuses which I gave many examples above, but let me focus on Jorginho because the deal was done recently. He had 2 more years for his contract to expire. City bid was 40m and bonus of 5m=45m. It was rejected and Chelsea bid 57m (which included compensation fee of 8m for losing Sarri), Salary of 6m for Jorginho INCLUDING signing bonuses.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3884691.html

- Now if you agree with the above, then my original calculation should be about right if not more generous!
Jorginho: 50m (buying fee)/5y= 10m+ 6m (salary+bonuses)= 16m

Rabiot: No buying fee+ 10m salary+ 3m bonuses= 13m

The difference is only 3m per annum.
Now if we gave him a normal salary and bonuses of 5 or maybe 6m, and paid PSG a fee of 30m, he will cost us around 2m less!

michelco

another lazy player, just what the barca midfield needs. valverde will bench him asap. imagine a midfield trio of coutinho-busqs-rabiot lmao, nonstop autobahn

khaled_a_d

- I don't consider Napoli as an inferior team to PSG, I would put them in the same bracket and maybe a slight edge to PSG. Napoli does play in a more superior league though.

Napoli is inferior to PSG (3rd in their group while PSG finished 1st) as a football team and financially. And sure Napoli is playing in the better league.
But anyway, I have to admit that being better isn't really relevant to the argument

- If De Ligt is asking for 12m then he should fuck off too. I'm assuming all this because the current Barcelona management is overpaying players. So the attraction or the merit to join Barcelona is becoming more and more financially rather than reputation and prestige. This is so wrong in many ways and should be addressed.

No player should join a club based on reputation and prestige. Aston Villa and Nottingham Forest were once prestigious clubs, Bilbao was once on bar with Barca. No great talent is joining them, same with Milan right now.
this is the reality of free market.

I gave example of De Ligt because you can always point to bargains in the market, but bargains don't set the market.

-Again, regarding salaries and signing bonuses which I gave many examples above, but let me focus on Jorginho because the deal was done recently. He had 2 more years for his contract to expire. City bid was 40m and bonus of 5m=45m. It was rejected and Chelsea bid 57m (which included compensation fee of 8m for losing Sarri), Salary of 6m for Jorginho INCLUDING signing bonuses.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-a3884691.html

You need to understand that there are 3 type of bonuses
1-Salary bonus: player get it if met certain criteria within the team. (I suspect that is what the article is mentioning)
2-Signing bonuses: player get it once he sign the contract. (Rabiot 10M), likely could be paid on installment
3-Agent commission/Bonus: Either negotiated or 5% of the deal.

You are talking about bonuses as one thing, and counting them all on same category based on the article stating salary with " bonuses".
In this article (and in most reported fees) it never state agent commission, for example Danilo deal for RM the agent was paid 3M separately from the deal by RM, since then this trend has been growing more and more actually, remember that agents are right now the most powerful people in football (there was magnificent article on Zhavi influence in football and PSG in particular, will try to find it again)
So if Jorginho deal is 49M without Sarri compensation, that number is in pound so that is 54M. his agent -depends on agreement- will get additional 2.5M most likely from Chelsea.

And again, I understand that rabiot isn't free, I was actually one of the 1st to point on that when we were linked to him. But people are ignoring other "hidden" factors in deals that is made with other clubs.
And all of that assuming a starting player in PSG at the age of 23 will be worth 60M, which I doubt. Ndomble is rumored to be valued for 80M atm, Lemar joined Atletico for 70M, FDJ is worth 75M etc.

Last edited:

YodaMaster

[MENTION=20461]George_Costanza[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION]

Guys, you're talking about Jorginho, Kanté, Casemiro and that's fine, they're all superior players to Rabiot.
But let's talk straight about Modric, best midfielder in the world, 4 CL in last 5 years, one WC final, current fucking Ballon d'Or. Guess what's his salary ?
10m per year !!! And Florentino won't give him any salary rise, that's why rumors say he wants to leave.

Xavi and Iniesta never had 8 figures salary in their life. But it's okay to pay Rabiot 10m lol. Barça already has highest wage bills in the world by a long margin. When Rabiot comes and gets this salary straight away, what are you gonna say to Alba, Busquets and Piqué when they'll ask 12m yearly ?
Even PSG refused to give Rabiot so much money because they know he's not worth it. I like when Barça fans say "we can't compete with PSG money wise". Well in Rabiot's case, we're giving them a beating money wise, that's why he's coming.

Busquets got a rise few months ago and he now gets 10m. And that's the maximum a player playing at this position should get, even if it's club's legend and our biggest midfielder. Rakitic who gets 8-9m is asking for a pay rise lol. That's where we're at Barça: some players want crazy, exaggerated and undeserved money because it became a habit for this board to overpay almost everybody.

Now paying Rabiot 10m will fuck up the wage structure even more.
An average player like Sergi Roberto could ask for 10m and how are you gonna say no to him when you pay a young non world class mid who just arrived 10m a year ?

And people saying "Rabiot comes for free". Lol. You'll see how free it is when every average Joe will ask for same money in the future because of Rabiot precedent.

I don't want him at Barça, but if he's gonna come anyway, I would have preferred to buy him for 60m and pay him 5m. It might be slightly more expensive short term, but long term we're saving a lot of money.

Last edited:

clemente

[MENTION=20461]George_Costanza[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION]

Guys, you're talking about Jorginho, Kanté, Casemiro and that's fine, they're all superior players to Rabiot.
But let's talk straight about Modric, best midfielder in the world, 4 CL in last 5 years, one WC final, current fucking Ballon d'Or. Guess what's his salary ?
10m per year !!! And Florentino won't give him any salary rise, that's why rumors say he wants to leave.

Xavi and Iniesta never had 8 figures salary in their life. But it's okay to pay Rabiot 10m lol. Barça already has highest wage bills in the world by a long margin. When Rabiot comes and gets this salary straight away, what are you gonna say to Alba, Busquets and Piqué when they'll ask 12m yearly ?
Even PSG refused to give Rabiot so much money because they know he's not worth it. I like when Barça fans say "we can't compete with PSG money wise". Well in Rabiot's case, we're giving them a beating money wise, that's why he's coming.

Busquets got a rise few months ago and he now gets 10m. And that's the maximum a player playing at this position should get, even if it's club's legend and our biggest midfielder. Rakitic who gets 8-9m is asking for a pay rise lol. That's where we're at Barça: some players want crazy, exaggerated and undeserved money because it became a habit for this board to overpay almost everybody.

Now paying Rabiot 10m will fuck up the wage structure even more.
An average player like Sergi Roberto could ask for 10m and how are you gonna say no to him when you pay a young non world class mid who just arrived 10m a year ?

And people saying "Rabiot comes for free". Lol. You'll see how free it is when every average Joe will ask for same money in the future because of Rabiot precedent.

I don't want him at Barça, but if he's gonna come anyway, I would have preferred to buy him for 60m and pay him 5m. It might be slightly more expensive short term, but long term we're saving a lot of money.

Market today is different, and the difference is that he is a free agent, someone like United are possibly offering him 10m, so we had to match it, and if Rabiot doesn't work out, in 2 years we will have spent 50m which we can get back easily.

wisconsincule

:lol: :lol::lol:

If we buy him for 60m and pay him 5m net for 5 years that is a 110m investment. What we are going to do is give him a 10m signing bonus plus 10m net for 5 years which also is a 110m investment. Rabiot is joining us on a free transfer and there is nothing Barcaforum can do about it.

soul24rage

:lol: :lol::lol:

If we buy him for 60m and pay him 5m net for 5 years that is a 110m investment. What we are going to do is give him a 10m signing bonus plus 10m net for 5 years which also is a 110m investment. Rabiot is joining us on a free transfer and there is nothing Barcaforum can do about it.

I think what he meant as long term was that Rabiot will start a trend in which in the future, average players or incoming players will be asking for more wages than what they deserve when they see what Rabiot will be earning.

Devils

I think what he meant as long term was that Rabiot will start a trend in which in the future, average players or incoming players will be asking for more wages than what they deserve when they see what Rabiot will be earning.

Players coming on free transfers can use the money the club would save on a free transfer as leverage during negotiations to get a higher wage. It's perfectly normal and the obvious thing to do.

Players coming in on relatively big transfers fees wont have that leverage.

soul24rage

Players coming on free transfers can use the money the club would save on a free transfer as leverage during negotiations to get a higher wage. It's perfectly normal and the obvious thing to do.

Players coming in on relatively big transfers fees wont have that leverage.

yeah,it's a perfectly normal thing to do. I was just interpreting what Yoda said.

Sorin

It's all relative imo. Is the player brought in for free good enough to warrant blowing up our wage structure even more? For me Rabiot isn't. But that's just me and I'll die on that ship until he proves me wrong and becomes a top 3 mid in the world(that's what his wage level entails). If he remains a squad level player he should not have 10m net/year. That will be absurd, unacceptable and frankly unfair to the players that put in years of hard work and sweat at a world class level and don't even earn that much.

Anyway, to continue my point. For example, if a player like De Bruyne became free for whatever reason(lol), i would be ok with overpaying him because he is that good and his level on the pitch will warrant it. He'd instantly become our second best player and, if those other veteran players would like a moan and better wages, you can instruct him to play as well as KdB. If they can't(they can't), then tell them to shut the fuck up and do their job.

FinBarcelonafan

Exactly. Look at what happened with Manu. THey messed the wage structure with Sanchez and now everyone wants a big pay raise. It can back fire quickly.

Home of Barca Fans