Adrien Rabiot

Arizona Scott

[MENTION=20461]George_Costanza[/MENTION]
[MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION]

Guys, you're talking about Jorginho, Kanté, Casemiro and that's fine, they're all superior players to Rabiot.
But let's talk straight about Modric, best midfielder in the world, 4 CL in last 5 years, one WC final, current fucking Ballon d'Or. Guess what's his salary ?
10m per year !!! And Florentino won't give him any salary rise, that's why rumors say he wants to leave.

Xavi and Iniesta never had 8 figures salary in their life. But it's okay to pay Rabiot 10m lol. Barça already has highest wage bills in the world by a long margin. When Rabiot comes and gets this salary straight away, what are you gonna say to Alba, Busquets and Piqué when they'll ask 12m yearly ?
Even PSG refused to give Rabiot so much money because they know he's not worth it. I like when Barça fans say "we can't compete with PSG money wise". Well in Rabiot's case, we're giving them a beating money wise, that's why he's coming.

Busquets got a rise few months ago and he now gets 10m. And that's the maximum a player playing at this position should get, even if it's club's legend and our biggest midfielder. Rakitic who gets 8-9m is asking for a pay rise lol. That's where we're at Barça: some players want crazy, exaggerated and undeserved money because it became a habit for this board to overpay almost everybody.

Now paying Rabiot 10m will fuck up the wage structure even more.
An average player like Sergi Roberto could ask for 10m and how are you gonna say no to him when you pay a young non world class mid who just arrived 10m a year ?

And people saying "Rabiot comes for free". Lol. You'll see how free it is when every average Joe will ask for same money in the future because of Rabiot precedent.

I don't want him at Barça, but if he's gonna come anyway, I would have preferred to buy him for 60m and pay him 5m. It might be slightly more expensive short term, but long term we're saving a lot of money.

It is the same level of deal as Goretska--9 mil year + 20 mil bonus. Ramses, older and brittle, is likely to get around 8 mil a year. Rabiot's wage is around what Vidal's is at Barca except the sign on fee acts as far discounted transfer fee (not to mention the 8 extra years of youth). It is not a sure thing Joringho is better, but I'll give you the others as better/more proven (Kante/Casmiro). Mahrez would be another comparable situation--he will be paid 220 week AND there was a 70mil fee. This is the realty of the market.

Modric clearly feels underpaid (wanted to leave for Italy), Xavi and Iniesta if playing now would command 20-30, different financial era.

If you want to cherry pick, look at Ozil, Sanchez and Pogba's salaries.

All in all, very good business IMO.

Andresito

Staff member
It is the same level of deal as Goretska--9 mil year + 20 mil bonus. Ramses, older and brittle, is likely to get around 8 mil a year. Rabiot's wage is around what Vidal's is at Barca except the sign on fee acts as far discounted transfer fee (not to mention the 8 extra years of youth). It is not a sure thing Joringho is better, but I'll give you the others as better/more proven (Kante/Casmiro). Mahrez would be another comparable situation--he will be paid 220 week AND there was a 70mil fee. This is the realty of the market.

I must say, it's impressive to misspell 4 out of 8 players in that paragraph lol.

Jombi

Modric clearly feels underpaid (wanted to leave for Italy), Xavi and Iniesta if playing now would command 20-30, different financial era.

If you want to cherry pick, look at Ozil, Sanchez and Pogba's salaries.

All in all, very good business IMO.

You're mixing up gross and net wages. Rabiot's 10m wage is about 19m a year gross. Far higher than Goretzka for sure.

Alik

You're mixing up gross and net wages. Rabiot's 10m wage is about 19m a year gross. Far higher than Goretzka for sure.

I always get this doubt.

Are we sure than Goretzka's quoted wages are gross and that Rabiot's are net?

BBZ8800

I always get this doubt.

A good question.
I have seen replies from [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] for example, how reports about Barca's wages are usually net, while Bayern's are gross.

But, then I checked internet sites which claim that they have leaked wages of players.
And then, THE SAME page, for example, Sillyseason says regarding Barca and Bayern:
https://sillyseason.com/salary/fc-barcelona-players-salaries-69077/
https://sillyseason.com/salary/fc-bayern-munich-players-salaries-69075/

I'll write top earners from both teams:
Barca weekly:
Messi 500k pounds
Suarez 290k
Coutinho 240k
Dembele 220k
Busquets 180k
Vidal 165k
Pique 165k

In Euros, NET per year, that means:
Messi 29,1M Euros Net
Suarez 17M
Coutinho 14M
Dembele 12,8M
Busi 10,4M
Pique/Vidal 9,6M NET

Bayern, in Euros, weekly, from the same source:
Lewa 225k weekly
Goretzka 190k
Ribbery 160k
Robben 160k
Koman 157k
Neuer 150k
Muller 150k

That means, NET in Euros per year:
Lewa 11,7M Euros NET per year
Goretzka 9,8M NET
Ribbery, Robben 8,3M
Koman 8,2M
Neuer, Muller 7,8M

Now, if, as some users say: Barca's numbers are Net, and Bayern's are gross, wouldn't it be strange that Neuer and Muller play for 3,4M NET then, and that Suarez is earning 17M NET at Barca?
Thiago is at 5,8M NET at Bayern.
If the idea that Bayern's numbers are gross, then it would mean that Thiago plays for only 2,9M NET, right? (or slightly different based on German's taxes).
Kimmich is at 4,4M yearly. That would mean that he is at 2,2M NET, which doesn't make any sense.

On the other hand, at Barca:
Malcom 5,2M Euros Net per year

At Barca, even Denis is at 3,5M Net yearly.
Why would Thiago play for Bayern if his wages were 2,9M Net?
Or Kimmich with 2,2M Net?

So, my point: imo, numbers BOTH for Barca and Bayern on these pages are Net, if the numbers are from the same page/source.
If not, then Bayern's players would be the biggest idiots on Earth since they would stay at Bayern with these wages:
Lewa 5,8M Net
Goretzka 4,9M Net
Ribbery/Robben 4,2M Net
Neuer/Muller 3,9M Net
Thiago 2,9M Net
Kimmich 2,2M Net

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Cmon. Those sillyseason/totalsportek/etc. numbers are fake. That has been known for some time.

They are fake, yet numbers reported there are more or less accurate for Barca's players?

Then, another question:
If the numbers are accurate for Barca, why would they be inaccurate for other clubs?

It doesn't make any sense.
The most logical answer is that the majority of numbers there are a spot on, either since they were reported in a deal, reported by media over years, or leaked in some other way.

For example, Rabiot's deal:
1. it was reported for weeks in November and December that Rabiot is asking 10M Net from Barca, or even more
2. from January 1st, it was reported that he signed for Barca for around 10M Net wages
3. when the deal will be official in June, we will get even more accurate numbers about his wages

Now, do you think that it is so hard to this for every player and update the numbers on those pages?

Last edited:

Jombi

I always get this doubt.

The best paid Bayern players last season were paid 15m gross by Bayern (Muller, Lewa etc). Thiago at 11m gross. It would shock me if Goretzka smashes their wage structure and gets paid 20m gross a year. His reputation and quality is nowhere near their biggest stars.

Arizona Scott

Good players want high wages. Look at Messi's insane wages

Good players on a free cost even a bit more, see GORETZKA (wage and bonus) and RAMSEY (reported wage request, and I bet he gets it). I used CAPS for those who spend more time on checking for typos and spelling, than constructing an argument.

If Rabiot is paid between Busi and Vidal that would be reasonable. It is at most a slight premium for a free, maybe not even. It isn't like if Barca acquired a different midfielder with around his market value, except with a transfer fee to the other club, the player is going to give you a cut rate on the wage to make the deal happen. Doesn't work like this. That is why free deals for players like GORETZKA and Rabiot (or Lewa) are so great for the acquiring club and damaging to the losing one. It is why QSG are having such a hissy fit (lost value, in addition to an ego blow to them to lose to Barca after they thought they had the edge with the Neymar buyout).

George_Costanza

Good players on a free cost even a bit more, see GORETZKA (wage and bonus) and RAMSEY (reported wage request, and I bet he gets it). I used CAPS for those who spend more time on checking for typos and spelling, than constructing an argument.

If Rabiot is paid between Busi and Vidal that would be reasonable. It is at most a slight premium for a free, maybe not even. It isn't like if Barca acquired a different midfielder with around his market value, except with a transfer fee to the other club, the player is going to give you a cut rate on the wage to make the deal happen. Doesn't work like this. That is why free deals for players like GORETZKA and Rabiot (or Lewa) are so great for the acquiring club and damaging to the losing one. It is why QSG are having such a hissy fit (lost value, in addition to an ego blow to them to lose to Barca after they thought they had the edge with the Neymar buyout).

I have two question for you.

Do we really need a player like Rabiot? What value he will add? Let me rephrase the question, before we are linked with him last summer, did anyone in this forum thought like "oh wow, what a player, Barca should buy him even if he cost an arm and a leg"?

Second, ever heard of salary dispersion? and how this salary dispersion will effect the performance of other players if they come to know about the wages of the other employees? Knowing that many studies shows a negatively significant effect on team performance.

BBZ8800

I have two question for you.

Do we really need a player like Rabiot? What value he will add? Let me rephrase the question, before we are linked with him last summer, did anyone in this forum thought like "oh wow, what a player, Barca should buy him even if he cost an arm and a leg"?

Second, ever heard of salary dispersion? and how this salary dispersion will effect the performance of other players if they come to know about the wages of the other employees? Knowing that many studies shows a negatively significant effect on team performance.

With that logic, maybe Rakitic is already sad because Suarez is earning 17M, and a benchwarmer Coutinho is at 14M and he is at 7,5M Net.

Jordi Alba is at 5,8M Net.
A new kid, who never plays, Malcom, is at 5,2M Net.

Ter Stegen has the same wage as Malcom.
And Vidal is earning almost twice as much.

Half of wages in our team are not fair.
That's reality.

How will you solve these problems from above, George?
Rakitic is sad.
Alba is sad.
Mats is sad.

Malcom is earning too much.
Coutinho is earning too much.
Vidal is earning too much.

Please, solve it and make our players happy and make all wages fair.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
With that logic, maybe Rakitic is already sad because Suarez is earning 17M, and a benchwarmer Coutinho is at 14M and he is at 7,5M Net.

Jordi Alba is at 5,8M Net.
A new kid, who never plays, Malcom, is at 5,2M Net.

Ter Stegen has the same wage as Malcom.
And Vidal is earning almost twice as much.

Half of wages in our team are not fair.
That's reality.

How will you solve these problems from above, George?
Rakitic is sad.
Alba is sad.
Mats is sad.

Malcom is earning too much.
Coutinho is earning too much.
Vidal is earning too much.

Please, solve it and make our players happy and make all wages fair.

While Im not sure where you got those numbers , interestingly enough 2/3 you mentioned that are 'sad' (Rakitic and Alba) have already been asking for contract extension and a raise.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans