Adrien Rabiot

Newcomer

IF Barca is doing that to Munir that is terrible form and I would expect better from the club. So far that is just rumors, I don't think they would be this petty.

Rabiot is 23 and a pampered professional athlete, the coaches and leadership for France Football and the QSG should be mature, grown, men and rise above petty adolescent/young men behavior. I know where I would lay more blame, or where I might expect personal growth.

Personally I see zero reason to be on good terms with QSG. They never sold Barca the players they wanted--Silva, Marquihos, Verratti--even for reported good offers, and then buy out Neymar where he/club did it relatively late in the summer window. They are enemies and no reason to not keep it that way.

IMO QSG is getting back how they treat other clubs and their own players. Barca has actually has made efforts to accomodate their own players wanting something different (Pedro, Thiago, Villa, Cesc, Mascherano, etc), even some cases where it hurt the squad quality at the time. I am not aware of Barca officials trashing a player like QSG has to the media with Rabiot nor freezing out a player who otherwise could contribute on the pitch. Usually is is "OK, good luck to you" (with a hint of well you may not find the grass is greener but that is you choice) and sometimes in fact a celebration send off.

https://twitter.com/jplusun/status/1036368788000792576

This is why Rabiot isnt liked and is phased out of the team.

He repeatedly made the club and supporters believe he was a true parisian and wanted to continue with the club.
He was also the face of our academy in the team.
There is also the relationship he had with Nasser.

IMO, in this case, PSG were idiot not to draw a line before last summer to renew or to be on transfer list.
However, it is easy to understand why we wouldn't make him play anymore.
First of all there is the breach of trust. I wouldn't trust Rabiot putting in the efforts when he knows he isnt going to stay anymore.
Secondly, well, he knows the club is in tight waters with FFP. He could have helped the club to get even pocket money. When we came for Kehrer, his contract was short but he said that, if we dont do a correct offer to Schalke, he wouldnt sign. We paid him 37 M.

Rabiot has everyright to do that : it is good for his bank account and he gets to play in a glorious club. However, it has a sour taste when it is an academy player.

Look how many players PSG has sold those last years. PSG isn't a prison. Like any other team, you have some players that are not on transfer list and the club wont be happy if you try and force for them.

Do you think that Barcelona would easily let any club flirt and buy his most precious players ? Even for "good offers" ? Barça is selling Digne, Denis Suarez, Paco Alcacer etc.
Put in a good offer for the likes of Meunier, Choupo-Moting, Nkunku and you'll see if PSG is a prison. They would be sold like Berchiche was, Guedes was, Lo Celso was.

Arizona Scott

https://twitter.com/jplusun/status/1036368788000792576

This is why Rabiot isnt liked and is phased out of the team.

He repeatedly made the club and supporters believe he was a true parisian and wanted to continue with the club.
He was also the face of our academy in the team.
There is also the relationship he had with Nasser.

IMO, in this case, PSG were idiot not to draw a line before last summer to renew or to be on transfer list.
However, it is easy to understand why we wouldn't make him play anymore.
First of all there is the breach of trust. I wouldn't trust Rabiot putting in the efforts when he knows he isnt going to stay anymore.
Secondly, well, he knows the club is in tight waters with FFP. He could have helped the club to get even pocket money. When we came for Kehrer, his contract was short but he said that, if we dont do a correct offer to Schalke, he wouldnt sign. We paid him 37 M.

Rabiot has everyright to do that : it is good for his bank account and he gets to play in a glorious club. However, it has a sour taste when it is an academy player.

Look how many players PSG has sold those last years. PSG isn't a prison. Like any other team, you have some players that are not on transfer list and the club wont be happy if you try and force for them.

Do you think that Barcelona would easily let any club flirt and buy his most precious players ? Even for "good offers" ? Barça is selling Digne, Denis Suarez, Paco Alcacer etc.
Put in a good offer for the likes of Meunier, Choupo-Moting, Nkunku and you'll see if PSG is a prison. They would be sold like Berchiche was, Guedes was, Lo Celso was.

Fair enough and I was trying to get your goat a little bit for never selling Verratti, Silva or Marquihos to Barca--as a Barca fan that was annoying though PSG has the right, and if the player wanted to stay, can't really fault the player and club.

Barca did sell Pedro and Thiago even though it hurt them as a squad, Pedro for sure during a transfer ban where it really was against the interest of the club. Barca has sold better players than Denis and Paco (see above, many other examples) because the players wanted to leave. I could be wrong but my gut sense is PSG treats players more as a commodity than Barca does. Just as Spurs do a lot more than Liverpool (Pool never badmouthed Can even though the got nothing--despite buying him and advancing him--and moved Klavan and Clyne at a loss). As best I know BvB and Shalke didn't have the public destruction campaign on Lewa or Goretskza after leaving for Baynern, though now doubt those stung the club/fans quite a bit.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Fair enough and I was trying to get your goat a little bit for never selling Verratti, Silva or Marquihos to Barca--as a Barca fan that was annoying though PSG has the right, and if the player wanted to stay, can't really fault the player and club.

Barca did sell Pedro and Thiago even though it hurt them as a squad, Pedro for sure during a transfer ban where it really was against the interest of the club. Barca has sold better players than Denis and Paco (see above, many other examples) because the players wanted to leave. I could be wrong but my gut sense is PSG treats players more as a commodity than Barca does. Just as Spurs do a lot more than Liverpool (Pool never badmouthed Can even though the got nothing--despite buying him and advancing him--and moved Klavan and Clyne at a loss). As best I know BvB and Shalke didn't have the public destruction campaign on Lewa or Goretskza after leaving for Baynern, though now doubt those stung the club/fans quite a bit.

PSG sold important players too like Matuidi that became instant starter for Juventus because he asks to leave 1 year before and we had a substitute for him in Rabiot.
He was and still is a France national team starter and has the best winning record out of any players in the planet in 2018.
Who do you think Paris can get as substitute for Verratti, Neymar, Mbappé, Thiago Silva etc. ?
Even Barça with their appeal has failed to find someone like them (maybe Arthur will do it for Verratti).

Also, you have to consider the Qatari mentality too : they dont like to lose to anyone. Nasser is like some overprotective father to his players. So, in his mind, no one should come and try and steal his sons.
This way of doing business is wrong though because it made the clubs give too big contracts for players that dont deserve it.
Then we have the same problem Barça have sometimes : you want to offload but their wage is too high for the potential buying clubs. So, you have to sell for under the market value or they rot on the bench.

Do you remember David Luiz ? He went back to Chelsea the last day of a summer transfer period. Why ? Because he sabotaged his last match and did some dirty things behind close doors. PAris took the loss on him and shipped him fast.

I dont like Real Madrid but they have the good approach with PSG. They know that the day Paris will put some good players on the market, it will be known and then you can bid.
This is why they put the "comunicado oficial" for Neymar and Mbappé. With FFP issues, we may have to sell at one point and PSG will prefer Real Madrid than Barcelona.
Of course, it would be at the very last resort and the club will try everything to keep them. The QNB partnership with Neymar is clearly a sign that the Qatari aren't ready to sell him soon.

PS : Lewandowski said a long time ago he would leave. Rabiot emitted the wish to leave but then said he would agree to a contract with fewer years (3 instead of 5), so he can still enjoy another club/country later on.
Even in this winter, if there was a decent offer, we would offload him. Problem is he wants his signing on fee.
Btw, you are picking on PSG for that, but it is such a common practice, at least in France. You can see it with Todibo. We did it with Ben Arfa when we got trouble with him. Same with Jese that managed to make fucking Stoke hate him for how unprofessionnal he was.
And to be honest, i dont miss Rabiot one bit sporting wise. He managed to do worse than Marquinhos who is not a midfielder, so i dont see a reason for him to play.
Rabiot with a bad mindset is just a deadwood.

Last edited:

YodaMaster

Personally I see zero reason to be on good terms with QSG. They never sold Barca the players they wanted--Silva, Marquihos, Verratti--even for reported good offers, and then buy out Neymar where he/club did it relatively late in the summer window. They are enemies and no reason to not keep it that way.

IMO QSG is getting back how they treat other clubs and their own players. Barca has actually has made efforts to accomodate their own players wanting something different (Pedro, Thiago, Villa, Cesc, Mascherano, etc), even some cases where it hurt the squad quality at the time. I am not aware of Barca officials trashing a player like QSG has to the media with Rabiot nor freezing out a player who otherwise could contribute on the pitch. Usually is is "OK, good luck to you" (with a hint of well you may not find the grass is greener but that is you choice) and sometimes in fact a celebration send off.

Why do you quote me then talk about Barça-PSG relationship ? I didn't say anything about that and tbh I don't care. Actually, IMO we should just completely ignore that club and their players.

I was talking about fans hypocrisy. "Only PSG does such things, they're a prison". And now some of them are okay with Munir being blacklisted.
PSG has far more reason to not play Rabiot who's a traitor and a liar.

It's actually so funny that a bunch of Barça fans slammed Thiago and called him a traitor when the dude left the club because nobody trusted him after Pep's departure, he was in a similar situation to Alena right now (a bit better, I have to be honest, but that's because of Pep). Nobody really tried to keep him. If that was the case, the club and the manager would have played him enough in an already won league in order to avoid his release clause going down. Yet that dude is a traitor because a club payed his pathetic release clause (that's because of Barça board pathetic work) but Rabiot is an ok guy even if he completely fucks up and leaves with nothing the club that raised him, gave him 260 matches, made him an undisputed starter, basically gave him a career.

Don't you ever say "Barça sold Thiago even though that hurt them" nobody at the club gave two fucks about Thiago back then. He would have never left if had he felt a little bit consideration from Barça.

Pedro ? Lol. Dude was number one benchwarmer because MSN would play everything. Lucho didn't care about him. That's why he left. PSG sold Lucas Moura and Lavezzi, same benchwarmers as Pedro was under Lucho.

Villa and Mascherano seriously ? They were both done. PSG sold Ibra ! Imagine that !

Cesc ? Complete flop. We didn't need him anymore. PSG sold Pastore too.

Your examples are horrible. So horrible that I have to defend this shitty club PSG which is a prison to some extent. They acted like they were one in Verratti's case, but if that little idiot didn't sign a contract extension few months earlier, that might have helped.
Thiago Silva stayed at PSG because "he had a family to feed" lol what a clown. Nobody forced him to stay, guy just loves money too much and thinks that he needs 1m per month to survive in the world.

As for Barça, under this board, we're slowly becoming a joke of a club too. Asking other teams players to act like assholes with their clubs in hope that it eases an exit. Half of European clubs accused Barça of acting unprofessionaly. Last one is Toulouse (Todibo's club).

Last edited:

Joan

What did Barca do wrong in Todibo's case? Last 6 months of his contract, free to talk with other clubs (Barca, among them). Why did they need to contact Toulouse if they weren't dealing with them in the first place?

YodaMaster

What did Barca do wrong in Todibo's case? Last 6 months of his contract, free to talk with other clubs (Barca, among them). Why did they need to contact Toulouse if they weren't dealing with them in the first place?

I know and I agree. Toulouse just trying to pull some shit I guess.
But in the last 2-3 years, every time Barça buys a player from a club, the club is not happy with Barça's behaviour. Something has to be wrong.

Nothanks

if we believe rumors then manchester united, juve and spurs

4th is anyone's guess?? maybe arsenal considering they need a new midfielder.

gregorrin10

My god, if only he and his mother stay the greedy fucks they are, let anyone else have him for that salary, that they're demanding. Let's lock in Frenkie this month, and then we have until the summer to even convince De Ligt to maybe join his pal, we would definitely have a very strong bargaining chip in already having FDJ and being one of De Ligt's preferred clubs anyway.

Even though i wouldn't mind Rabiot, if that meant selling Rakitic for big money, and if Rabiot fixed his attitude and would be content to at least start with a reduced salary (5M). He could always get what he's asking now after a few years, if he proved himself. But that's a lot of IFS, and Rabiot already proved multiple times, that he's just a fucking snake, who would cause nothing but trouble and i bet you he wouldn't even wanna play DM, he would come here thinking he's immediately replacing Iniesta, and the first time anything wouldn't go his way, he or his mother would come out and bitch about it.

And we might sell Rakitic anyway, if we manage to get De Jong. We can always go for someone like Ndombele or Aouar too after, if we don't get Rabiot and still sell Rakitic, which would be my preferred thing to do. Or even promote Puig, even though he's not ready yet in my opinion.

Last edited:

Arizona Scott

Why do you quote me then talk about Barça-PSG relationship ? I didn't say anything about that and tbh I don't care. Actually, IMO we should just completely ignore that club and their players.

I agree and that part about my post wasn't in response to you, just sort of an added rant, sorry for the confusion.

I was talking about fans hypocrisy. "Only PSG does such things, they're a prison". And now some of them are okay with Munir being blacklisted.
PSG has far more reason to not play Rabiot who's a traitor and a liar.

It's actually so funny that a bunch of Barça fans slammed Thiago and called him a traitor when the dude left the club because nobody trusted him after Pep's departure, he was in a similar situation to Alena right now (a bit better, I have to be honest, but that's because of Pep). Nobody really tried to keep him. If that was the case, the club and the manager would have played him enough in an already won league in order to avoid his release clause going down. Yet that dude is a traitor because a club payed his pathetic release clause (that's because of Barça board pathetic work) but Rabiot is an ok guy even if he completely fucks up and leaves with nothing the club that raised him, gave him 260 matches, made him an undisputed starter, basically gave him a career.

Don't you ever say "Barça sold Thiago even though that hurt them" nobody at the club gave two fucks about Thiago back then. He would have never left if had he felt a little bit consideration from Barça.

Pedro ? Lol. Dude was number one benchwarmer because MSN would play everything. Lucho didn't care about him. That's why he left. PSG sold Lucas Moura and Lavezzi, same benchwarmers as Pedro was under Lucho.

Villa and Mascherano seriously ? They were both done. PSG sold Ibra ! Imagine that !

Cesc ? Complete flop. We didn't need him anymore. PSG sold Pastore too.

Your examples are horrible. So horrible that I have to defend this shitty club PSG which is a prison to some extent. They acted like they were one in Verratti's case, but if that little idiot didn't sign a contract extension few months earlier, that might have helped.
Thiago Silva stayed at PSG because "he had a family to feed" lol what a clown. Nobody forced him to stay, guy just loves money too much and thinks that he needs 1m per month to survive in the world.

As for Barça, under this board, we're slowly becoming a joke of a club too. Asking other teams players to act like assholes with their clubs in hope that it eases an exit. Half of European clubs accused Barça of acting unprofessionaly. Last one is Toulouse (Todibo's club).

I wasn't speaking for the larger fans but no I don't believe in freezing out players for wanting to leave and not renew nor trashing players in the media, not by Barca, not by anyone. The coach should use all the players that can help the team while they have a club contract. I also don't begrudge Thiago. I am not accountable for idiots' rants, but expressing a philosophy I think in the end it is better to be a club that generally respects players wishes, I think for instance Barca and Liverpool are better examples than PSG and Spurs. I am not saying it is completely black and white, but more cases on some clubs than others of strongly factoring players wishes in moves and negotiations, and other clubs being hardball and treating players more like commodities. For instance newposter made a good case about Matuidi--and I hate that move because he has added steel to a club I strongly dislike (yes before the CR move--but that makes them even worse if I am honest).

Pedro got playing time, he was the 1st player off the bench to sub for Messi-Neymar-Suarez and also used in rotations (starting cup games, the occasional league games). He was a contributing player. If I recall Barca also couldn't complete transfers, and shortly thereafter Iniesta and Messi got injured and total scrubs had to be mixed in when Pedro would have had a bunch of starts. From the club perspective they absolutely should have kept Pedro, that team faded late in the season because the core was burned out and Pedro could have lightened the load of Neymar and Suarez (who were they best players in the world that fall BTW--but could not sustain in the spring), but they honored Pedro's desire.

Mascherano would have been very useful last season-- Barca had to play some meaningful games with Vermaelon and the Colombian fellow who had never played vs elite comp. Allowing him to move over the winter window also really ended up stretching Pique and Umtiti, who got off form and freshness late.

wisconsincule

[tw]1083150175156224000[/tw]

I wonder which other clubs are interested in him.

What?!? Other teams are interested in him?? Weird. Why would that be? This guy sucks and is a cry baby whose mom is the reincarnation of Hitler.
[MENTION=22502]soul24rage[/MENTION] [MENTION=20446]Sorin[/MENTION] [MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION]

soul24rage

What?!? Other teams are interested in him?? Weird. Why would that be? This guy sucks and is a cry baby whose mom is the reincarnation of Hitler.
[MENTION=22502]soul24rage[/MENTION] [MENTION=20446]Sorin[/MENTION] [MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION]

Maybe his agent met with Fulham, Getafe, Lazio and Stuttgart :)

Sorin

So that's what you took from that tweet? Nothing about his or his agent's lack of professionalism?

How about another bit of information for you:

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">Le principal point d’achoppement dans la signature du contrat entre <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rabiot?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Rabiot</a> et Barcelone réside dans le fait que ce dernier a demandé que soit stipulé une clause qui lui éviterait de jouer en position de «6*»</p>— Abdellah Boulma (@abdellahboulma) <a href="https://twitter.com/abdellahboulma/status/1083133853781422081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 9, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[/tw]

They are asking for a clause in the contract that makes sure he won't play DM.

But nice to see where your priorities are. Forget about the well being of the team as long as you're proved right on a forum board. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans