Adrien Rabiot

Arizona Scott

Its good the deadline is gone so PSG is out of the picture from any negotiation. If fact nothing has to be worked out until the summer. If rabiot is afraid of competing with de jong/arthur/alena in the future and 1-2 of rakitic/vidal/busi next year than we dont want him.

But if he wants a fine salary (160/week) and compete with and beside those guys at the best club in the world, come join.

Hard to see a lot of options, he isnt going to walk in a starter at CL pursuing clubs at thr wage he wants--bayern, liverpool or us will have the same competitive battles for starting midfield spots.

He best club he could be an automatic starter right now is the club he is falling out of.

I still say then door is open, no stress from the barca perspective, up to him on the challenge he wants.

Barcilliant

I just can't see Rabiot as a starter at Barca. We're stacked. Either his ego and salary take a back seat or he joins Bayern, Spurs or Liverpool.

xXKonan

According to Moises Llorens, we gave up signing him after we got De Jong and Alena's performances also played a huge part in deciding to discard him.

Arizona Scott

I don't really like the idea of just going fdj in, rakitic out, for next year's midfield (although fdj in, vidal out, fine). Fdj is not only having to adjust to 5x the quality of opponents, few young players adapt to barca right away, but arther is an anomaly. Now rabiot or maybe Herrera on a free would lesson my concern.

Givenchy

I don't really like the idea of just going fdj in, rakitic out, for next year's midfield (although fdj in, vidal out, fine). Fdj is not only having to adjust to 5x the quality of opponents, few young players adapt to barca right away, but arther is an anomaly. Now rabiot or maybe Herrera on a free would lesson my concern.

an honest question; why would you rather Vidal leave than Raki? Vidal seems okay coming on from the bench which would be perfect if Frenkie struggles early on.. Rakitic on the other hand wants to be a starter guaranteed

khaled_a_d

an honest question; why would you rather Vidal leave than Raki? Vidal seems okay coming on from the bench which would be perfect if Frenkie struggles early on.. Rakitic on the other hand wants to be a starter guaranteed

That shouldn't be a problem early on, FDJ shouldn't start the year as a starter

God Serena

Alena's performances? Smells like bs to me.

Alena has proven he easily belongs with the first team, he's had performances where he's among our best, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. There's really no point in bringing Rabiot if Alena is showing he is worthy of minutes next season, which he has already done.

Joan

Alena has proven he easily belongs with the first team, he's had performances where he's among our best, whether you want to acknowledge it or not. There's really no point in bringing Rabiot if Alena is showing he is worthy of minutes next season, which he has already done.
I'm not disputing Alena should stay with us. He's been okayish in my opinion, but I don't doubt the talent. Hope he'll show us more.

But Rabiot was to replace one of Vidal/Rakitić (the latter in particular) in my eyes. Player able to cover for Busquests, get diry work done etc.

Home of Barca Fans