Adrien Rabiot

Arizona Scott

Bayern offered goretska 9 mil year last year.

My guess is it is bayern, liverpool and us, 9-10 mil a year. Spurs are relatively cheap compared to their footballing peers.

I still like the move and say clear out rakitic and vidal, keep busi to spell/work with the young guys.

Barcilliant

Bayern offered goretska 9 mil year last year.

My guess is it is bayern, liverpool and us, 9-10 mil a year. Spurs are relatively cheap compared to their footballing peers.

I still like the move and say clear out rakitic and vidal, keep busi to spell/work with the young guys.

Rakitic yes, Vidal no way. Brings alot to the table. I'm always in favor of a b2b midfielder especially in tough cl games.

Arizona Scott

Rakitic yes, Vidal no way. Brings alot to the table. I'm always in favor of a b2b midfielder especially in tough cl games.

I see Vidal do some good things, and some not so good things, and father time is getting there. If taking off his wage gets Rabiot, i say do it. If Rabiot does not take on that role (I think he can), there is Alena, Coutinho, and Arthur who could play in front of FDJ & Rabiot (or Busi in spot duty) in something like a 4-2-3-1

snowy

When u in Colombia? Lets meet up.

okidoki, will bring an extra pair of fins then :snorkle: Might even move permanently to Costa Rica in about 5 years. Mainly hesitating between Portugal and CR at the moment. Your neck of the woods is looking more and more interesting to lots of folks I know... Increasing FDI, notably by the Chinese coming your way soon :)

Donatello

I do not quite understand why we are pushing so hard for this player. He has not looked special in any PSG matches I’ve watched. He is also just as slow as Busquets. What does he have that I’m not seeing?

He is a FFP lottery.

You get a player worth 50-60M for free, and if it doesn't work out you sell for the same amount. And you have +50M in your profits.

Newcomer

Also he is not a bad player either. Just a back up/rotation player for any big side with ambition, unless he improves a lot (and he can being only 23).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Also he is not a bad player either. Just a back up/rotation player for any big side with ambition, unless he improves a lot (and he can being only 23).

But that is the problem, he is not good enough to be a core player but he doesn't want to be just a squad/rotation player. If he was content with his squad/rotation role he would have renewed with PSG a long time ago.

Even the cash-in part might not work. If he completely flops here, I don’t know who we can sell him to. He doesn’t want go to a second tier team and no first tier team will want to buy him.

Jombi

He is a FFP lottery.

You get a player worth 50-60M for free, and if it doesn't work out you sell for the same amount. And you have +50M in your profits.

You're not selling a player with Pogba wages who just flopped for a good price. It doesnt work like that.

Arizona Scott

You're not selling a player with Pogba wages who just flopped for a good price. It doesnt work like that.

No-one is talking Pogba wages, we are talking Arturo Vidal wages. You see players with high salaries like Vidal and Mkhitaryan move. Watch what will happen if we advertise that Busi and Rakitic are on the market.

Say we get this 50K valued player (which he is) on a free, and pay him two years at 10 mil + a one time signing bonus of 10. We could sell him for 30,001 and make 1 euro while getting his play free for 2 years. That is the worse case scenario with average case scenarios is we get a good Barca quality squad/rotation player for far less than it costs to acquire one or can sell him for a profit INCLUDING WAGES after 3 years. Best case scenario is he is a long term fixture for Barca--and again one Barca didn't have in their academy and nor had to pay the typical fee to another club.

Arizona Scott

Most "sources" are not going to have good access to net vs gross wages. These are leaks or purposeful fabrications.

Forbes lists Pogba as a yearly salary of 29.4USD, ahead of Suarez's at 26.9.

https://www.forbes.com/athletes/list/#tab:overall

All I can say is from the Barcelona perspective (sites that just show Barca numbers so at least within should apply the same principal of net vs gross) Busi is listed at €207, Vidal 190, and Rakitic at 150. De Jong is reported as 192+. (and Luis Suarez at 334)

I think Barca should offer Rabiot at Vidal/De Jong level. By looking at Forbes and Barca projects it is about 44% of Pogba's wages.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So he is mad the club signed de Jong and now don't want to play for Barcelona?

Tbf to him, first one of his grandparents died and now his father died too, so perhaps the lack of communication could be due to that :shrug: Might not be the best time to do business.

Home of Barca Fans