Adrien Rabiot

George_Costanza

Here we are again. You are basically taking some highly unconfirmed numbers that are circulating in the media and taking those unsubstantiated numbers for granted. Is this some kind of bad joke? None of those supposed claims or demands are anything more than empty claims so far. Where do you have this 13 million (!) salary from? That's obviously not going to occur if there is any sanity left at the club. As for sign on bonuses. This is a common practice. Rabiot or no Rabiot. Not only that sign on bonuses are used in regular transfers as well

No, here we go again at you! First, stop this BBZ style long ass posts which mostly talking nonsense. Second, MD claimed we offered him 10m in the summer to leave PSG. MD is the mouthpiece of this board. Second, ParisUnited which is very reliable when it comes to PSG news claimed Rabiot refused 9m€/year contract renewal, That was back in October. Now it makes sense the 10m proposal that MD claimed. Also, the demands of 13m are now is more believable giving the information that ParisUnited claimed a few months ago.

So "the highly unconfirmed reports" is more like highly confirmed reports. Rabiot will demand anything between 10-13m. I mentioned both numbers in my post above.

serghei

The deal is actually misleading and not as good as we think. Suppose his current transfer market price is 60m (I know it should be lower considering this is the last year of his contract but for the sake of calculation will consider the price of players of his caliber cost).

Now divide this 60m by 5 years (contract duration) = 12m per annum + Average salary in big clubs between 4-5m. (Casimero who is considered one of the best DM in the world Salary is 5.5m). So total net loss per annum around 16.5m.

Now the deal Rabiot and his agent mother are proposing is a signing bonus + Salary of 13m.

Signing bonus could be anywhere between 10-20m plus.

So assuming the average low is 15m divides by 5 years, plus 13m salary = 16m net loss (paycheck) per annum.

Now how this is a good deal? Even if we consider to lower his salary demands to 10m. It's still not a good deal and instead of paying PSG to sign him, we are actually paying Rabiot and his mother. Simple calculation showing it and I'm being very conservative with the numbers.

We wouldn't give him 13m. net a year, are you kidding? He would be on around 5-6m. net if he is signed. At 5-6m. net a year, and a reasonable signing bonus it's a good deal. If your numbers are even close to reality it's not a good deal anymore. That's what I said about the numbers having to be in our favor.

The numbers you put in there are all in favor of Rabiot. Guy leaves crap Ligue 1, and PSG who are a circus of a team, goes to a bigger more prestigious club in a much better league, with a higher base salary AND a huge signing bonus?

This would make Rabiot and his mom the best negotiators in any sport and would make a mockery out of us as a club. Not happening imo. Not even this board is that dumb.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

We wouldn't give him 13m. net a year, are you kidding? He would be on around 5-6m. net if he is signed. At 5-6m. net a year, and a reasonable signing bonus it's a good deal. If your numbers are even close to reality it's not a good deal anymore. That's what I said about the numbers having to be in our favor.

The numbers you put in there are all in favor of Rabiot. Guy leaves crap Ligue 1, and PSG who are a circus of a team, goes to a bigger more prestigious club in a much better league, with a higher base salary AND a huge signing bonus?

This would make Rabiot and his mom the best negotiators in any sport and would make a mockery out of us as a club. Not happening imo. Not even this board is that dumb.

Read the post above your post. I don't claim anything and I don't own MD nor ParisUnited to claim such. When a player on a free transfer he will demand much more salary, of course, it's not reasonable because Rabiot isn't a world class player, hence many posters including me no happy with the deal. The 5-6m you are suggesting is an average salary if a buying club pays a huge sum to the seller club. That's not the case, hence the numbers claimed by MD and ParisUnited are what actually demanded by Rabiot camp.

serghei

Read the post above your post. I don't claim anything and I don't own MD nor ParisUnited to claim such. When a player on a free transfer he will demand much more salary, of course, it's not reasonable because Rabiot isn't a world class player, hence many posters including me no happy with the deal. The 5-6m you are suggesting is an average salary if a buying club pays a huge sum to the seller club. That's not the case, hence the numbers claimed by MD and ParisUnited are what actually demanded by Rabiot camp.

If he is too greedy then he will not come. We won't give him 13m. net a year, that's for sure. MD and Sport say anything to sell. MD is sometimes the Board's mouth but most of the time they print shit like Sport do. We would have 50 players in the first team if we got the players MD printed we'll sign and a net debt of about 1 billion.

BBZ8800

Our revenues jumped for 200% in the last few years, right?
If the transfer fees jumped for 200% in the last few years, maybe player's wages will follow that trend.

Currently in our team:
Suarez around 17M yearly
Dembele 13M
Coutinho is 11,5
Vidal is at 9,5

I mean, our last 3 big signings are earning: 13, 11,5 and 9,5M net.
Dembele is earning 13M per year plus we paid 145M transfer fee.
Coutinho is earning 11,5 plus 165M transfer fee.

And none of them came for free (transfer fee).

I also think that 13M for Rabiot would be too much, but it is not THAT MUCH out of this world, if true.
You could argue that he is not good enough don't deserve those wages.
But again, he came from a filthy rich club. If we want to sign him, we can't offer only:
1. a sunny, nice city
2. a club with history and Messi as a teammate

My point is: if revenue is going up, wages will also go up more and more.
Messi is earning around 30M net today.

For example, I have tried to check salaries of Rivaldo and Ronaldinho when they played for us, and look at this:
Rivaldo won a Ballon D Or playing for Barca in 1999.
His wages when he won Ballon D Or were 1,8M Euros Net :lol:
And then he signed a new deal, as a Ballon D Or winner, and became one of the best paid players in the world with a mighty 4,4M Euros Net wages:
August 2000:
The World Footballer of the Year, Rivaldo, has agreed a new deal to stay with Barcelona which will make him one of the highest-paid players in the world. The Brazilian international has more than doubled his salary, with his new contract going from £1.65m a year to £4m.

The deal was struck last night with Barca's new president, Joan Gaspart, despite renewed efforts by Milan to recruit the 28-year-old player.

Gaspart, who took over as Barcelona president last month, pledged during his election campaign that he would keep Rivaldo at the Nou Camp. Following the transfer of Luis Figo to Real Madrid in a world-record £37.2m deal, Gaspart wanted at all costs to avoid the departure of another of the club's best players.

So, Ballon D Or winner in 1999' was earning 1,8 and 4,4M on wages.
Today, Messi is earning 30M, and clowns like Neymar have similar earnings, right?

If revenues will grow this way, in 10 years, squad players at Barca will be earning 20-30M new, and some new Messi's will earn 50 or 80M net.

Again, I am not exactly "defending" too high wages for Rabiot (imo, he should earn 7-8 or 10M max, considering that he is coming for free).
But even with 13M, imo, it will be a new norm in upcoming years.

Yes, it will hurt our wage structure, but our revenues will grow and will soon jump to 200% of current's value.

Again, imo, new generation of players will earn insane wages in all top clubs.
Regardless if they are Ballon D Ors or squad players.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

No, here we go again at you! First, stop this BBZ style long ass posts which mostly talking nonsense. Second, MD claimed we offered him 10m in the summer to leave PSG. MD is the mouthpiece of this board. Second, ParisUnited which is very reliable when it comes to PSG news claimed Rabiot refused 9m€/year contract renewal, That was back in October. Now it makes sense the 10m proposal that MD claimed. Also, the demands of 13m are now is more believable giving the information that ParisUnited claimed a few months ago.

So "the highly unconfirmed reports" is more like highly confirmed reports. Rabiot will demand anything between 10-13m. I mentioned both numbers in my post above.

Are you mentally challenged? Honest question. Once again stop pulling numbers out of your ass. No sane person believes even for a single second that Rabiot will get such an absurd salary. 13 million euros net a year?:lol: Not only that you are talking about his salary, sign on bonus etc. as if we already had the official numbers at our disposal. Get a grip. We get it, you don't want to see Rabiot signing for the club, alongside with other users here (which there is nothing wrong with), but there is no need to write more bullshit than what has already been written about him in this thread. From offering nothing defensively and offensively, to being a bum, to being the next Balotelli etc. Meanwhile this bum is wanted by a significant number of elite European clubs with Barça leading the way if rumors are to be believed. The club that he is trying to leave, PSG, was desperate to renew his contract as well. Everyone of those clubs and their decision makers must be dumb. Only George Costanza on Barcaforum has seen the light.:lol: Was that short enough for you to read this time around?

Last edited:

PhilS

Since there has been virtually no rotation for Busquets and Rak so far this year, it can only be good to add another midfielder now. If Rabiot plays a fair amount while one of those two rests, this will definitely increase the chances of a treble this season.

I think the first choice starters in midfield will again be Arthur Rak Busquets, before the end of this season. If Paul Pogba joins the team next month, the first choice starters in May will be Arthur Rak Busquets. This forum tends to drastically underrate the quality of the most-played Barca players. See the Guardian's recent ranking of the world's 100 best players, does it include 10 Barca guys, not including Dembele and Arthur?

More quality depth, one or two more, good. Right now, the quality depth is Coutinho, Arthur, Semedo, Cillessen. Rabiot, probably will help. Plus Lenglet when Umitti can play. Don't know about Murillo yet, but he was not used at Valencia.

wisconsincule

The money in football is wild. Players are continually signing new contracts for more money. We are the top earning club in the fucking world. Whether it be 9 million or 15 million it really doesn’t matter. We are a money making powerhouse. If Rabiot fails we WILL make our money back. If we give him 20 million as a bonus and 15 million for two years that means if we sell him for 50 million we break even. We are going to get that for Andre Gomes. This is a no brainer business deal. All of the haters have to accept it and fucking move on. If he becomes our player get behind him and support him instead of labeling him a failure right away. Yes I want FDJ too but he 100+ million investment while Rabiot is half of that. I know tons of people were on the Goretzka train last year. Rabiot>>>Goretzka.

George_Costanza

Our revenues jumped for 200% in the last few years, right?
If the transfer fees jumped for 200% in the last few years, maybe player's wages will follow that trend.

Currently in our team:
Suarez around 17M yearly
Dembele 13M
Coutinho is 11,5
Vidal is at 9,5

I mean, our last 3 big signings are earning: 13, 11,5 and 9,5M net.
Dembele is earning 13M per year plus we paid 145M transfer fee.
Coutinho is earning 11,5 plus 165M transfer fee.

And none of them came for free (transfer fee).

I also think that 13M for Rabiot would be too much, but it is not THAT MUCH out of this world, if true.
You could argue that he is not good enough don't deserve those wages.
But again, he came from a filthy rich club. If we want to sign him, we can't offer only:
1. a sunny, nice city
2. a club with history and Messi as a teammate

My point is: if revenue is going up, wages will also go up more and more.
Messi is earning around 30M net today.

For example, I have tried to check salaries of Rivaldo and Ronaldinho when they played for us, and look at this:
Rivaldo won a Ballon D Or playing for Barca in 1999.
His wages when he won Ballon D Or were 1,8M Euros Net :lol:
And then he signed a new deal, as a Ballon D Or winner, and became one of the best paid players in the world with a mighty 4,4M Euros Net wages:

So, Ballon D Or winner in 1999' was earning 1,8 and 4,4M on wages.
Today, Messi is earning 30M, and clowns like Neymar have similar earnings, right?

If revenues will grow this way, in 10 years, squad players at Barca will be earning 20-30M new, and some new Messi's will earn 50 or 80M net.

Again, I am not exactly "defending" too high wages for Rabiot (imo, he should earn 7-8 or 10M max, considering that he is coming for free).
But even with 13M, imo, it will be a new norm in upcoming years.

Yes, it will hurt our wage structure, but our revenues will grow and will soon jump to 200% of current's value.

Again, imo, new generation of players will earn insane wages in all top clubs.
Regardless if they are Ballon D Ors or squad players.

Revenue is not as same as profit! If revenue grows and so the cost, then the big revenue number is misleading. Barcelona's revenue grew to 914m, while the net profit last year was only 24m. Now imagine this could have been 64m profit if we didn't buy Malcom for example. Not that I'm against signing Malcom, quite the opposite, but he is not part of EV's plan so far so the 40m is a waste of money if the club cares about cost accounting. Then you have the high salaries which need to be controlled. Even I'm a fan of Dembele but 13m is way too much for salary.

At least you acknowledge that Rabiot is really asking for something close to 13m. An idiot like [MENTION=19517]Leo_Messi[/MENTION] doesn't understand that 13m is paid by Barcelona and player taxes isn't the club concern.

Leo_Messi

Revenue is not as same as profit! If revenue grows and so the cost, then the big revenue number is misleading. Barcelona's revenue grew to 914m, while the net profit last year was only 24m. Now imagine this could have been 64m profit if we didn't buy Malcom for example. Not that I'm against signing Malcom, quite the opposite, but he is not part of EV's plan so far so the 40m is a waste of money if the club cares about cost accounting. Then you have the high salaries which need to be controlled. Even I'm a fan of Dembele but 13m is way too much for salary.

At least you acknowledge that Rabiot is really asking for something close to 13m. An idiot like [MENTION=19517]Leo_Messi[/MENTION] doesn't understand that 13m is paid by Barcelona and player taxes isn't the club concern.

The only deluded idiot here is you and I have argued sufficiently why that is the case. Keep pulling unconfirmed numbers out of your ass and using those same numbers as something factual when that is clearly not the case.

George_Costanza

The only deluded idiot here is you and I have argued sufficiently why that is the case. Keep pulling unconfirmed numbers out of your ass and using those same numbers as something factual when that is clearly not the case.

I already confirmed the sources of the numbers I posted. You are just as dumb as a hat rack who wants to imitate BBZ but actually comes more like pseudo-intellectual with so much nonsense and try hard to belittle anyone who has a different view. It's like people don't want to bother thinking about what they post and it's easier to just be stupid.

Leo_Messi

I already confirmed the sources of the numbers I posted. You are just as dumb as a hat rack who wants to imitate BBZ but actually comes more like pseudo-intellectual with so much nonsense and try hard to belittle anyone who has a different view. It's like people don't want to bother thinking about what they post and it's easier to just be stupid.

I know that you are quite thick but there must be a limit to the madness. At no point in time has MD or any other local newspaper or source claimed that Rabiot demands 13 million euros on a yearly basis. Unlike you I don't need to use Google Translate to understand what is written or use obscure Twitter accounts to know who is a reliable local journalist, what media is reliable and what is not. Not only that even if 1 billion different sources claimed such a thing it would not be a fact until it became official. You are so thick that you probably think that I would want Rabiot to arrive by all costs even though I made it perfectly clear, not once, not twice but thrice that certain conditions need to be met first. Not to say that I don't really care about whether Rabiot arrives or not as there are better options out there as I see it. However that does not mean that I don't consider the rumored deal to be a good opportunity GIVEN that other preconditions are met first which I once again have argued for in detail. All I am arguing against is what I have written already and objectively those arguments cannot be countered hence why you are pulling a 13 million euro salary out of your ass and making it sound like I would support such a wage. Not to say that it is mere SPECULATION for now. And that's a bloody fact.:lol:

Is that really so difficult to understand for you? Not withstanding all the other arguments that I and other users have written here that seemingly fly right above your head. I think that I have wasted enough of my time on you.

Lastly I don't care about what other users are writing here (I have my own opinions and I have never been afraid to voice them) nor am I imitating anyone (lol). Nice desperate and absurd try though.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

I know that you are quite thick but there must be a limit to the madness. At no point in time has MD or any other local newspaper or source claimed that Rabiot demands 13 million euros on a yearly basis. Unlike you I don't need to use Google Translate to understand what is written or use obscure Twitter accounts to know who is a reliable local journalist, what media is reliable and what is not. Not only that even if 1 billion different sources claimed such a thing it would not be a fact until it became official. You are so thick that you probably think that I would want Rabiot to arrive by all costs even though I made it perfectly clear, not once, not twice but thrice that certain conditions need to be met first. Not to say that I don't really care about whether Rabiot arrives or not as there are better options out there as I see it. However that does not mean that I don't consider the rumored deal to be a good opportunity GIVEN that other preconditions are met first which I once again have argued for in detail. All I am arguing against is what I have written already and objectively those arguments cannot be countered hence why you are pulling a 13 million euro salary out of your ass and making it sound like I would support such a wage. Not to say that it is mere SPECULATION for now. And that's a bloody fact.:lol:

Is that really so difficult to understand for you? Not withstanding all the other arguments that I and other users have written here that seemingly fly right above your head. I think that I have wasted enough of my time on you.

Lastly I don't care about what other users are writing here (I have my own opinions and I have never been afraid to voice them) nor am I imitating anyone (lol). Nice desperate and absurd try though.

LMAO skimmed through your post when you said you don't need a translator to read MD. Yes, because reading MD is like solving the Da Vinci code for the rest of us.

And stop being so defensive, I don't think Bartomeu or Segura would be that defensive if anyone criticized such stupid ass transfer. Now, shove your opinion up your ass, because no one cares you cynical douche!

cro-man

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">There will not be any more news regarding Rabiot until January. [md]</p>— Barça Centre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1077154165674180608?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 24, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Merry christmas and a happy new year:lol:

Home of Barca Fans