Aleix Vidal

gasgas

The thing is he has handled wingers from Europa League & Liga. He is extremely fast player which is an important trait here. for whatever reason he didn't even show what he was capable of doing in Sevilla when he needed to step up his game more
The way this season go he could have been actually very helpful if he was reliable back up RB. It would have allowed Mascherano & S.Roberto to rest a little more in addition to getting some games in DM to give Busquets much needed rest.
We entered this season with 22 players.one of them is 3rd GK so basically 21 and with Vidal getting ignored it means we are having 18 players for the 10 outfield positions.
Sure they are mostly of high quality but still not much depth

I am pretty sure he'd played less than 10 games as a RB for Sevilla

And in those games he was only good attacking-wise, not exactly handling wingers defensively.

And Vidal is ignored because he has been atrocious

khaled_a_d

I am pretty sure he'd played less than 10 games as a RB for Sevilla

And in those games he was only good attacking-wise, not exactly handling wingers defensively.

And Vidal is ignored because he has been atrocious

He played against some decent winger and wasn't bad defensively their,not saying he was Maldini but he was acceptable enough to think he can do the job against weaker teams in Barca if he has retained his form.
And him being atrocious here is exactly my point,he was brought with the idea he is a hard worker who kept improving through the last 3 years in his career and that he will take the next step with us and fill Alves shoes.him being awful enough to not fill Montoya shoes is on him.
Something has gone really wrong with the guy. And it is really costing us.

khaled_a_d

Thats ridiculous. He was just signed by Roma.

Fabinho from Monaco is clearly the best choice. Great RB, great DM, great CM.

1-Yes probably going forBruno is ridiculous and probably just bs
2-Fabinho isn't a good option either really
-for starter we want one in January it seems and he is CL tied.that would be a mistake as we need cover in that position in CL play-offs
-Manchester clubs want him,they will pay more and he has bigger chances of being starter their than here,probably will walk into either clubs starting line ups while he will be back up here for Roberto.
So going for him is probably a waste of time anyway

Jombi

1-Yes probably going forBruno is ridiculous and probably just bs
2-Fabinho isn't a good option either really
-for starter we want one in January it seems and he is CL tied.that would be a mistake as we need cover in that position in CL play-offs
-Manchester clubs want him,they will pay more and he has bigger chances of being starter their than here,probably will walk into either clubs starting line ups while he will be back up here for Roberto.
So going for him is probably a waste of time anyway

Another short term solution is not a good idea IMO. We've already pissed away more than 100m euros on garbage and we need to up our game. CL playoffs are just a couple of games at most. I doubt any player we sign in January will be allowed to start in a CL playoff game. Masche will play in such games.

Fabinho is a class player and able to play RB, DM and CM. Thats the perfect versatile player we need. He never plays RB these days. Waste of time is going for PSG and Bayern starters.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
How is Fabinho attacking-wise? Has he improved?

Because there's no point in signing a RB if he's below average going forward, because that part is really needed here at Barca.

Jombi

How is Fabinho attacking-wise? Has he improved?

Because there's no point in signing a RB if he's below average going forward, because that part is really needed here at Barca.

He's very good going forward, great at beating his man and has an eye for the goal. If we sign him, he would be signed as a midfielder who can cover as RB backup. We dont need a player who'll rot on the bench for 85% of the time and be severely lacking in match fitness when needed.

khaled_a_d

Another short term solution is not a good idea IMO. We've already pissed away more than 100m euros on garbage and we need to up our game. CL playoffs are just a couple of games at most. I doubt any player we sign in January will be allowed to start in a CL playoff game. Masche will play in such games.

Fabinho is a class player and able to play RB, DM and CM. Thats the perfect versatile player we need. He never plays RB these days. Waste of time is going for PSG and Bayern starters.

What does this have to do with what I am saying?
I didn't suggest we go after PSG/Bayern which we didn't do since trying to get Marquinhos in June 2014 anyway. Neither did I suggest to get a short term solution but we need to consider the short term too
We need a back up RB in CL b/c if S.Roberto get injured before playing a big team we are fucked. You can't just ignore that.
And again he has zero reason to join us when better offer are coming his way.It takes more than the club to get the deal done. It will be equally wasteful to our time as trying to get PSG player.
And him being "He never plays RB these days" isn't really promising when we need someone whose best position is to be RB.

Jombi

What does this have to do with what I am saying?
I didn't suggest we go after PSG/Bayern which we didn't do since trying to get Marquinhos in June 2014 anyway. Neither did I suggest to get a short term solution but we need to consider the short term too
We need a back up RB in CL b/c if S.Roberto get injured before playing a big team we are fucked. You can't just ignore that.
And again he has zero reason to join us when better offer are coming his way.It takes more than the club to get the deal done. It will be equally wasteful to our time as trying to get PSG player.
And him being "He never plays RB these days" isn't really promising when we need someone whose best position is to be RB.

We need great players, not players "whose best position is RB". A player who is great at numerous positions is the perfect solution for us. The best players usually move to the middle of the field early in their career to be more involved in their team's play. Thats what's happening to Fabinho as well and thats one of the main reasons there are so few big stars who are full backs. He'd be the perfect solution as challenger for both Busquets, Rakitic (Raki can also play a more attacking role in Iniesta's position) and Roberto.

You can claim that he will never join us because we cant compete with the Manchester clubs, but thats just speculation with very little to back it up with.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

We need great players, not players "whose best position is RB". A player who is great at numerous positions is the perfect solution for us. The best players usually move to the middle of the field early in their career to be more involved in their team's play. Thats what's happening to Fabinho as well and thats one of the main reasons there are so few big stars who are full backs. He'd be the perfect solution as challenger for both Busquets, Rakitic (Raki can also play a more attacking role in Iniesta's position) and Roberto.

You can claim that he will never join us because we cant compete with the Manchester clubs, but thats just speculation with very little to back it up with.

We already have that versatile player in Roberto who can play as CM & DM better than Fabinho. And Fabinho won't compete with Rakitic with Lucho favorites like Rafinha/Arda/Gomes & Denis. we are already stacked in those positions.
We need someone who will fit right away in RB position. And this whole discussion is pure speculation mate. You saying Fabinho will be good for us is speculation,me saying we won't be able to get him even if we want is speculation too.

Jombi

We already have that versatile player in Roberto who can play as CM & DM better than Fabinho. And Fabinho won't compete with Rakitic with Lucho favorites like Rafinha/Arda/Gomes & Denis. we are already stacked in those positions.
We need someone who will fit right away in RB position. And this whole discussion is pure speculation mate. You saying Fabinho will be good for us is speculation,me saying we won't be able to get him even if we want is speculation too.

Sorry, but you dont back up your speculation very well. You just claim Manchester clubs are desperate to get him (no one knows) and that he will never want to join us (no one knows that). How do you know that Lucho believes Rafinha, Arda, Gomes and Denis are his favorites? None of those are as good as Fabinho anyway. A Rakitic-Fabinho-Busquets midfield would be better than what we have. And versatile players like Fabinho are desperately needed. I remember you argued hard for us to sign Paco as well. I said he isnt good enough, not versatile enough and he'll hardly ever start and be rusty as hell when he does. This is what we are seeing now and it wont change. The same will happen if we go for some RB that will play very little. Fabinho has the chance to cement himself in midfield for us and be a great option at RB when needed. Those are the types of signings we need. Versatile quality players who'll get plenty of minutes.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Sorry, but you dont back up your speculation very well. You just claim Manchester clubs are desperate to get him (no one knows) and that he will never want to join us (no one knows that). How do you know that Lucho believes Rafinha, Arda, Gomes and Denis are his favorites? None of those are as good as Fabinho anyway. And versatile players like Fabinho are desperately needed. I remember you argued hard for us to sign Paco as well. I said he isnt good enough and he'll hardly ever start and be rusty as hell when he does. This is what we are seeing now and it wont change. The same will happen if we go for some RB that will play very little. Fabinho has the chance to cement himself in midfield for us and be a great option at RB when needed. Those are the types of signings we need. Versatile quality players who'll get plenty of minutes.

It is funny that you aren't backing up anything either but would complain about it.
So yeah I should accept your opinion that Fabinho is better than the players that we have,and that you know the future of how our players are gonna perform,and how the players Lucho requested and kept faith in even when criticized aren't his favorite ,as facts.
but I shouldn't speculate about a player who 2 of the richest clubs in the world are after him (and those news are everywhere) to play in a position that they have nobody that can start over him, that he will choose them over coming to play on the bench for us.
Yes,my bad

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We seriously messed up by not signing a RB this summer.

I don't want a panic buy in January and potentially miss out on the best talent for the position smh

Home of Barca Fans