Alejandro Grimaldo

khaled_a_d

He has some really nice attacking moments though and is very skilled/intelligent on the ball and in offense. He was playing in midfield earlier, doing well there. I'd actually prefer him in midfield over Halilovic considering how his skillset is more varied and his footballing IQ is pretty high in attack.

It's just that in defense he looks god awful. Can't defend 1v1 for his life, gets caught out of position, is weaker than Alba, etc. He does not belong there, period. A sample size of 3 years in the B team proves that. Grimaldo has talent and ability, he just has the misfortune of being judged for the wrong skillset because it is the wrong position for him.

Yup,kid is no defender and O actually think Eusebio trying him in midfield isn't such bad decision .kid has no idea what to do defensively even in Segunda

navidjaan

For me, he has been the most consistent Barça B player this season. I'd rather have him as Alba's back-up next season than Adriano who has just become average over time.

Messi10

Looks like our mini Maldini and mini Bale will take over from Adrinaho!

Surely Messi will let him take a few free kicks?

Zangash

Banned
Looks like our mini Maldini and mini Bale will take over from Adrinaho!

Surely Messi will let him take a few free kicks?

You don't take free kicks from Messi unless your name is Neymar, and even then, it's gonna require some begging.

Drexl

I've often been of the mind that our best front line could possibly be Grimaldo, Munir/Sandro, Adama, with Dongou dropped.

I think it's time. He could play in home games against Las Palmas, Betis etc. I've always liked this kid and I was devastated with his injury two years ago.

Zangash

Banned
Looks like he won't be starting preseason with 1st team.
Grim for his future in Barca

Sounds like a loan to me. It's not all bad, though. Consistent playing time at a higher level could do him a lot of good. He doesn't have any significant areas of weakness that cause his otherwise high level of talent to be less noticeable like many of our other young players so all he really lacks is experience.

khaled_a_d

Sounds like a loan to me. It's not all bad, though. Consistent playing time at a higher level could do him a lot of good. He doesn't have any significant areas of weakness that cause his otherwise high level of talent to be less noticeable like many of our other young players so all he really lacks is experience.

1 year left in his contract . how patient is Grimaldo will be key . he has offers from Portugal from permanent move so his situation is worrying

Xavinho

Whenever I saw him last season I thought the defensive side of his game was very poor. Going forward he looked better, but I still don't want to see him in the first team.

Home of Barca Fans