Alejandro Grimaldo

frog-fcb

You all seem to forget that Montoya was promoted to the first team. Was Grimaldo? Nope.

Has he shown anything to deserve to be promoted to the first team. Wev lost a few youngsters over the years due to there impatience and have survived without them if they want to get game time for the best club in the world they need to get there heads down and really prove there worth

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Has he shown anything to deserve to be promoted to the first team. Wev lost a few youngsters over the years due to there impatience and have survived without them if they want to get game time for the best club in the world they need to get there heads down and really prove there worth

He was just the best Barca B player of last season.

The main problem is the fact that we won the trebble last season and have 4 fronts to play and defend titles. In situations like that, we can't relax and give youngsters time and space to grow and develope because we're in a desperate and bloody struggle to defend trophys from powerfull and relentless sharks in form of great rivals that want to snatch them from us...

If only Iniesta lasted on highest level for just a year or two more....

xXKonan

Would've been Perfect if we actually did bring Grim with us on the Pre season tour.

I was thinking about this a little bit I wonder if the reason why Grim hasn't been called up is because he doesn't fit Lucho's profile of LBs? Their were rumors that we were looking for a Center back that can also play Left Back, as a Back up to Alba.

BBZ8800

Would've been Perfect if we actually did bring Grim with us on the Pre season tour.

I was thinking about this a little bit I wonder if the reason why Grim hasn't been called up is because he doesn't fit Lucho's profile of LBs? Their were rumors that we were looking for a Center back that can also play Left Back, as a Back up to Alba.

90% of our fans are thinking about 100s of different answers why Grimaldo hasn't been called, yet most of them forget the simplest answer:
1. he is not good enough for Barca, the best team in the world
2. he will probably 99% never be good enough for Barca as a LB, no matter what happens with him in the future
3. and giving him any chances is just a waste of time, and the coaches will just give a few matches to players who have at least 10% chances to somehow succeed in Barca
(If we remove Gumbau from these maths, other parts make sense. Munir, Sandro, Halil, Roberto, Bartra, Montoya had at least some chances.)

Also, wasn't there always a talk that Grimaldo has fancy dribbles and skills when going to attack, but that his defending is absolutely horrible, even for a segunda division?
His defending has never been good enough.

But as always, shiny technical skills are blinding our fans.

And before someone answers: he can't be worse than Mathieu, lol. Just lol.
Mathieu is a proven player, who was good enough to play against Real and in CL quarters or semis (and he played in Valencia for years), and he was extremely good back then (just go back to his thread from those days, he was hailed as a savior, and everybody loved the ginger man back then.)
So, he is a proven player, who is playing bad currently. Like Pique in some eras.
Bartra, Grimaldo and others=are NOT proven players. They are players who were never been good, and who only have some potential.

They are miles behind Mathieu, and 99% probably won't ever come close to his level.
Let's see where will Bartra and Grimaldo play in the future.
And will they every come close to Mathieu's Valencia's level.

I am willing to bet anything in: one big no.

Last edited:

Barcafan 2304

Does seem that the current manager and board don't have much to any faith in la Masia and the current crop of youngsters. Let's hope it doesn't come back to haunt us

BBZ8800

Does seem that the current manager and board don't have much to any faith in la Masia and the current crop of youngsters. Let's hope it doesn't come back to haunt us

Lucho played in these 2 Seasons:
1. Rafinha, a looooot
2. Munir, quite a lot, even more than Pedro in last season's beginning
3. Sandro, enough of matches
4. Roberto, quite a lot
5. Bartra, enough
6. Samper, a few times
7. Gumbau, more than he deserves
8. Masip, some matches
9. Halil, at both preseasons
10. Adama, a few matches
11. Montoya, some matches

Lucho uses La Masia waaaaaaaay more than any coach in late 90s or in 00's, like Van Gaal, Rexach, Antic, Serra Ferrer, Rijkaard.

Imo, people are biased, and again, they are comparing the whole Barca's history only with Pep.
But then, Pep had the luck to have the best generation of La Masia youths on his disposal.

If Pep was a coach today (if this was his 1st or 2ns season), I have some serious doubts that he would play players like Adama, Grimaldo, Munir, Sandro etc.

So:
1. our current La Masia's talents are as average as they have always been during our last 100 Years (except in that golden, lucky era)
2. Lucho still plays more (average) youngsters than Rijkaard, Van Gaal or any coach in the last 20-ish years

I mean, what is Lucho supposed to do?
Turn Adama, Grimaldo and Bartra into a next Messi, Xavi and Iniesta?

Well, Lucho has nothing to do with it.
These guys are just not new Xavis.

Turn your attention to more promising players like Lee, and that's it.
This debate doesn't make too much sense.

Why Lucho didn't give chances to Grimaldo, not even a few matches?
1. he is not good for Barca
2. he will never be good for Barca
3. he will give those minutes to some more promising players

How does Lucho know that if he hasn't try him?
1. Lucho has seen him playing in youth teams
2. other Bteam coaches has seen him play in youth teams
3. a lot of coaches work with him every day for years
4. we have 100s of scouts. They also have the opinion about our players
5. Lucho has been working/training with 1000s of players as a youngster, professional player and now as a Bteam and Ateam coach
-- he sees much better whether a player has "something" or he is just a Bteam "filler"

Further, Barca B is not a team where we are trying to produce 5 or 10 new players for Barca, like a new Cb, a new LB, a new Cdm, a new Cm each season etc.
No...

Barca B is a team where we have 18 "fillers" who never had any chances to make it at Barca.
And 2-3 players with potential, who will turn into something, or will eventually fail.

Some fans are lately acting as if Barca's B duty is to produce a whole new Barca's team.
Again, NO.

Don't get too emotional over these "filler" players.
They never had the chance.

Barca B is a place where we are trying to do something out of players like Lee, Halil, Bojan, Gai Assulin, Messi, etc.
Some of them turn into good players, others fail.
95% of other players are here only to train and to later get shipped to Levante, segunda division or Maccabi Thikva in Israel.

Watch the pattern for 5-10-20 years and you will realize it.
The board and Lucho aren't bad guys.
They are actually giving a looooot of chances to Bteam players, if we consider how average/poor the current generation is.

Last edited:

God Serena

1. Rafinha, a looooot
4. Roberto, quite a lot
5. Bartra, enough
6. Samper, a few times
8. Masip, some matches
10. Adama, a few matches

Lucho uses La Masia waaaaaaaay more than any coach in late 90s or in 00's, like Van Gaal, Rexach, Antic, Serra Ferrer, Rijkaard.

Imo, people are biased, and again, they are comparing the whole Barca's history only with Pep.
But then, Pep had the luck to have the best generation of La Masia youths on his disposal.

If Pep was a coach today (if this was his 1st or 2ns season), I have some serious doubts that he would play players like Adama, Grimaldo, Munir, Sandro etc.

So:
1. our current La Masia's talents are as average as they have always been during our last 100 Years (except in that golden, lucky era)
2. Lucho still plays more (average) youngsters than Rijkaard, Van Gaal or any coach in the last 20-ish years

I mean, what is Lucho supposed to do?
Turn Adama, Grimaldo and Bartra into a next Messi, Xavi and Iniesta?

Well, Lucho has nothing to do with it.
These guys are just not new Xavis.

Turn your attention to more promising players like Lee, and that's it.
This debate doesn't make too much sense.

Why Lucho didn't give chances to Grimaldo, not even a few matches?
1. he is not good for Barca
2. he will never be good for Barca
3. he will give those minutes to some more promising players

How does Lucho know that if he hasn't try him?
1. Lucho has seen him playing in youth teams
2. other Bteam coaches has seen him play in youth teams
3. a lot of coaches work with him every day for years
4. we have 100s of scouts. They also have the opinion about our players
5. Lucho has been working/training with 1000s of players as a youngster, professional player and now as a Bteam and Ateam coach
-- he sees much better whether a player has "something" or he is just a Bteam "filler"

Further, Barca B is not a team where we are trying to produce 5 or 10 new players for Barca, like a new Cb, a new LB, a new Cdm, a new Cm each season etc.
No...

Barca B is a team where we have 18 "fillers" who never had any chances to make it at Barca.
And 2-3 players with potential, who will turn into something, or will eventually fail.

Some fans are lately acting as if Barca's B duty is to produce a whole new Barca's team.
Again, NO.

Don't get too emotional over these "filler" players.
They never had the chance.

Barca B is a place where we are trying to do something out of players like Lee, Halil, Bojan, Gai Assulin, Messi, etc.
Some of them turn into good players, others fail.
95% of other players are here only to train and to later get shipped to Levante, segunda division or Maccabi Thikva in Israel.

Watch the pattern for 5-10-20 years and you will realize it.
The board and Lucho aren't bad guys.
They are actually giving a looooot of chances to Bteam players, if we consider how average/poor the current generation is.

You seem to have placed a lot of stock in Lee being good when he becomes old enough to play. What made you change your opinion of him? I was under the impression you viewed him in the same light as every other hyped forward we had.

khaled_a_d

1. Rafinha, a looooot
4. Roberto, quite a lot
5. Bartra, enough
6. Samper, a few times
8. Masip, some matches
10. Adama, a few matches

I am actually a supporter of Lucho policy with our youth and said he has given many chances and has "enough" faith in him
That said ,in what universe is Lucho doing that more than LVG & Rijkaard?those guys were even more supporting to La Masia than Pep .Rijkaard has done it in a way that hurted the team at the end of his tenure

xXKonan

Tw Grimaldo (Barcelona B): "I'm sorry my words got misinterpreted. I only want to work hard and help #FCB the best I can. Visca el Barça!"

Home of Barca Fans