Alen Halilović

serghei

It's pretty incredible that he can humiliate established defenders like that at 19 without any previous experience in La Liga. We shouldn't think about buying any young midfielders for now. It would be a mistake. Halilovic - 19, Roberto - 23, Rafinha - 22. These 3 are starting to show up big time (shame for Rafinha's injury). And in comparison with other young players we had they seem adamant to succeed at Barca, so they seem to understand that they need to take it step by step.

Maybe Samper will also find a way to succeed. A loan could do him a world of good.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

It's pretty incredible that he can humiliate established defenders like that at 19 without any previous experience in La Liga. We shouldn't think about buying any young midfielders for now. It would be a mistake. Halilovic - 19, Roberto - 23, Rafinha - 22. These 3 are starting to show up big time (shame for Rafinha's injury). And in comparison with other young players we had they seem adamant to succeed at Barca, so they seem to understand that they need to take it step by step.

Maybe Samper will also find a way to succeed. A loan could do him a world of good.

Was thinking about that while watching another video for Sergi Roberto
He is very fast and gr8 passer like Roberto ,taller too .but lacks his strength
I am Samper biggest doubter ,but I hope in the long run he can make it .I am happy he is taking things slowly and learning to play CM with Barca B

serghei

I am happy that 3 of our young midfielders have seriously stepped up. If I were Lucho, I wouldn't want to send the wrong message to them by signing a young player on one of their positions. All of Sergi, Rafinha and Halilovic show signs that they could be part of this team sooner than we might have thought a year ago.

Very impressed with how Enrique managed to win everything last season and still develop Rafinha nicely. That sounds like great management skills to me. If he does that again, winning titles while also promoting our young players, I will be his biggest fan.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
With the January debut of Arda Turan and eventual return of Halilovic from his loan spell no midfield target is set for January. (MD)

I don't like this idea, too early to bring him back in January where he would sit on the bench most of the time as shit is getting serious going towards the end of the season. He's a starter at Sporting getting plenty of minutes. I'd even argue to keep him there another season.

Alik

I am happy that 3 of our young midfielders have seriously stepped up. If I were Lucho, I wouldn't want to send the wrong message to them by signing a young player on one of their positions. All of Sergi, Rafinha and Halilovic show signs that they could be part of this team sooner than we might have thought a year ago.

Very impressed with how Enrique managed to win everything last season and still develop Rafinha nicely. That sounds like great management skills to me. If he does that again, winning titles while also promoting our young players, I will be his biggest fan.

I don't think that Sergi Roberto will ever be a starter in midfield - which is what we will need. On the other hand, he's got good chances of becoming a starting RB.

I didn't see much in Rafinha, and now with his injury there's further question marks about his future. Either way, he's not going to be starting for Barça next season.

Halilovic, however, seems to be growing really well. The tough question to ask will be weather to bring him back after this season, or to loan him again. Should wait and see how this season develops.

God Serena

With the January debut of Arda Turan and eventual return of Halilovic from his loan spell no midfield target is set for January. (MD)

I don't like this idea, too early to bring him back in January where he would sit on the bench most of the time as shit is getting serious going towards the end of the season. He's a starter at Sporting getting plenty of minutes. I'd even argue to keep him there another season.

There is no mention of bringing him back in January. The only player coming for us in January is Arda. Halilovic is coming in the summer. That tweet is saying the club doesn't plan on signing a midfielder because we'll have both of them by the end of the season. Roberto's emergence likely has a lot to do with that as well. Put all of that on top of Rafinha recovering from injury by April/May and we're pretty secure in the midfield department.

khaled_a_d

They are talking about when he comes back ,not that he will return in January

I don't think that Sergi Roberto will ever be a starter in midfield - which is what we will need. On the other hand, he's got good chances of becoming a starting RB.

I didn't see much in Rafinha, and now with his injury there's further question marks about his future. Either way, he's not going to be starting for Barça next season.

Halilovic, however, seems to be growing really well. The tough question to ask will be weather to bring him back after this season, or to loan him again. Should wait and see how this season develops.

The starting midfield next season will be Busquets and two of Arda/Rakitic/Iniesta regardless our transfers .they are just too good and the coach count on them .
We have Roberto (who in the past weeks looked better at CM even more than RB) ,Rafinha who is growing steadily b4 injury (an injury that he should come back well considering his age) .D.Suarez who is flying under the radar with Villarreal (4 assist and a goal in 9 games so far) and Alen who might be the biggest U-21 talent in Liga right now .never mind some prospects in B team
Let's wait one more year and stop buying midfielder per season one summer and see how those players are growing .

gasgas

This

God Serena

They are talking about when he comes back ,not that he will return in January

The starting midfield next season will be Busquets and two of Arda/Rakitic/Iniesta regardless our transfers .they are just too good and the coach count on them .
We have Roberto (who in the past weeks looked better at CM even more than RB) ,Rafinha who is growing steadily b4 injury (an injury that he should come back well considering his age) .D.Suarez who is flying under the radar with Villarreal (4 assist and a goal in 9 games so far) and Alen who might be the biggest U-21 talent in Liga right now .never mind some prospects in B team
Let's wait one more year and stop buying midfielder per season one summer and see how those players are growing .

Rakitic has been many things, but "good" is not one of them. It's November and he hasn't started playing well yet this season. It's actually something to be worried about.

MessiDinho10

I'm still hoping to see Denis Suarez at the first team in the near future, he's a very good player and has been quality for Villareal after his injury.

Home of Barca Fans