Alen Halilović

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He has the quality. Technique, speed, passing. Only thing he needs to fix is his mentality. Needs to keep it simpler and look at his teammates more.

El Flaco

Halilovic didn't really give two shits about defending and just walked around the pitch against Rayo.

Understandable why Abelardo decided to bench Halilovic.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Halilovic didn't really give two shits about defending and just walked around the pitch. *

Understandable why Abelardo decided to bench Halilovic.

Are you quoting someone or is this your opinion?
Last year Halilovic done a lot of defending with Barca B ,more that an AM should naturally do
In Abelardo game plan he is no 2 in the offensive setting after the striker (usually Sanabria ) and a team would rarely make 9 men defends specially when you have to make a lot o runs from the wing to the middle etc .
I won't blame him too much with his defense there tbf .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Latest from Alen:

"Everything is alright. I adapted well in Gijon and I work hard. Coach is talking to me a lot and I am happy here."

"Barcelona is my team, but I can't say I won't fight (Sporting hosting Barca next). 3 points can stay in Gijon."

aaron101

I wonder what will happen to him at the end of the season. Should we get him back, loan him for another season at Gijon (if they don't get relegated) or loan him to another team.

Messi983

I was thinking about this as well. I don't think he's ready for our first team but would like to see him in preseason with Barça. On the other hand it's the best for him to make a preseason with a club where he'll play next season. If Sporting stays in Primera, maybe we could make a deal with them to keep Alen for some preseason matches (when we'll probably miss some of our starters because of Euro and Copa America) and then send him there before start of the season (in early August). He already knows their system and won't need much time to adapt. If Gijon is relegated or we decide to send him to another club then it's probably the best to send him there early so he can start preseason with them. Remember when we loan Deulofeu to Sevilla in middle of August. I don't think it really helped him.

Problem for him and for Gijon as well is that they can't even dominate Rayo at home.

Rayo is not a good example. They are one of the best possesion orientated teams in La Liga. They even won a possesion battle with us two years ago.

It's true Sporting don't have enough technically gifted players to play that kind of football. Abelardo is smart enough to know that and don't force it. They were still competitive in most of their matches though.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is more ready than Munir and Sandro but I get what you mean.
If Eusebio or Paco Jemez would take him on loan, I'd be happy.

khaled_a_d

He is more ready than Munir and Sandro but I get what you mean.
If Eusebio or Paco Jemez would take him on loan, I'd be happy.

I am one of few here who don't bash Eusebio but I don't think he is the best coach for him .he was probably the only player that did better with Vinyals last season than with Eusebio .He could have been perfect loan destination for Grimaldo and probably for Samper (who did very well with him) though .but not for Alen .
Rayo is gr8 most probably for any propspect we want to loan and they are interested in taking

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It all depends on the market in the summer and which parts of the team we want to invest in - in the long or short run. But as much as I would like us to take a risk on bringing him back in the summer, I think another season on loan would do him good. But that also comes down to which team he would go out on loan to.

Home of Barca Fans