Alen Halilović

Wouterinho

You're spinning for Eusebio there, Khaled...Deulofeu somehow gets credit from Eusebio for his development?...A player who has triumphed on every level he's played?...How could you possibly draw the conclusion that Eusebio has had any impact on his game

Espinosa?...The player who was developed yet let go for free?...Denis Suarez?...The player who was sent on loan one year after arriving somehow can credit Eusebio?...Rafinha who only matured when he went on loan or Alberto who simply showed his quality playing with Deulofeu rather than benefit from some tutelage of Eusebio?

Going on 4 seasons now under Eusebio so no one can claim an issue of not having continuity to develop players yet who has he developed into a 1st team player for Barcelona?...No one
+1
There's also a difference between developing because you're young - which is something most players do - and drastically improving thanks to the coach. If Eusebio really had a big impact on Deulofeu, he wouldn't have needed a (second) loan. A better coach would for example have focused on improving Deulofeu's decision making and clearly Eusebio hasn't. He was always a good dribbler and immensely talented, Eusebio has nothing to do with that imo.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Plus let's not forget no B team in the club's history has benefited from more infusion of player transfers either

khaled_a_d

You're spinning for Eusebio there, Khaled...Deulofeu somehow gets credit from Eusebio for his development?...A player who has triumphed on every level he's played?...How could you possibly draw the conclusion that Eusebio has had any impact on his game

Espinosa?...The player who was developed yet let go for free?...Denis Suarez?...The player who was sent on loan one year after arriving somehow can credit Eusebio?...Rafinha who only matured when he went on loan or Alberto who simply showed his quality playing with Deulofeu rather than benefit from some tutelage of Eusebio?

Going on 4 seasons now under Eusebio so no one can claim an issue of not having continuity to develop players yet who has he developed into a 1st team player for Barcelona?...No one

So basically he is to blame for not developing players,but players who show progress he gets no credit for?
We have this discussion b4 but let's do it again ,Deulofue played 2 seasons under Eusebio ,1 of them he was average but he kept improving and in 2nd year he was way better player.he went from being good Barca B player to the best player in Segunda divion ,literally any coach would get credit for that but not Eusbio ,Espinosa developed by him,it wasn't his decision to let him go,it was Zubi who thought the has no future in 1st team and until 2 weeks ago he was one of the players with the most created chances in Liga(don't know about the list now),Suarez was almost a Man.City reject ,a club that rich thought he isn't good enough to have chance there and 1 year later he is one of the best players in respectable Liga team,but yes Eusebio shouldn't be credited for it ,Rafinha was good player under him,most of us was scratching their heads that we loaned him and kept S.Roberto .(not taking anything from Lucho here ,he also helped him to get much better)
Alberto was good player with us,from a player that Sevilla hoped to get 4M max to a player they got 8M for him
And let's use your logic with Luch for example?
who has he developed with barca B?Pedro who was actually pep project?or Montoya who failed to make impact with 1st team?or Bartra who no matter how homers Barca fan are ,he isn't rated outside Barca fans and he is almost 24 years ,had many coaches after lucho and is still 5th choice CB?what about not even believing in Cuenca and loaning him and next season he was firing things up with pep and god only knows if he was injured how good he was gonna be?should we blame him that Thiago left since this is something coaches get blamed for now?or Tello who failed to learn anything but his lonly dribbling trick?
Barca stoped giving easy chances to our youth players once Pep left ,niether Tito or Tata was really bothering themselves to develop young players and take risks with them ,people seems to forget how frusterating many of our players was when their young at times,people hated Pep for playing Busquets over Yaya and their was times h looked not ready,Messi was very selfish until he was 21 .players develop but don't expect them to be a finished products when they get promoted
Look,I am not trying to say he is the best we can have as Barca B coach,but people are way too harsh onn him,mainly because he isn't applying Barca style of play ,but he isn't that bad tactically or in developing players either,may be not the best but not the worst choice either

khaled_a_d

+1
There's also a difference between developing because you're young - which is something most players do - and drastically improving thanks to the coach. If Eusebio really had a big impact on Deulofeu, he wouldn't have needed a (second) loan. A better coach would for example have focused on improving Deulofeu's decision making and clearly Eusebio hasn't. He was always a good dribbler and immensely talented, Eusebio has nothing to do with that imo.

And how we differentiate ? Barca decided to loan Gerard b/c he isn't a player in the mold that suits them but he was just reached the highest level in Segunda ,decision making is something that he won't get easily ,again remember Messi during Rijkaard days,and look how his asssist number kept improving through years?Messi was selfish but he he was just too good to mask it,Gerard isn't this who Gerard is ,it needs patience to improve ,and it may even never improve enough by the way,sometimes you have to accept having a selfish player or just let him to a team that can live with that,I always said that we are taking the wrong approach with Duelofue btw

Plus let's not forget no B team in the club's history has benefited from more infusion of player transfers either

Pep benefited a lot from that too if you consider the huge gap between 4th and 2nd division btw
we need that transfers or we are doomed to relegate like every B team did,most B teams don't last that much in Segunda if i am not mistaken

MessiDinho10

So basically he is to blame for not developing players,but players who show progress he gets no credit for?
We have this discussion b4 but let's do it again ,Deulofue played 2 seasons under Eusebio ,1 of them he was average but he kept improving and in 2nd year he was way better player.he went from being good Barca B player to the best player in Segunda divion ,literally any coach would get credit for that but not Eusbio ,Espinosa developed by him,it wasn't his decision to let him go,it was Zubi who thought the has no future in 1st team and until 2 weeks ago he was one of the players with the most created chances in Liga(don't know about the list now),Suarez was almost a Man.City reject ,a club that rich thought he isn't good enough to have chance there and 1 year later he is one of the best players in respectable Liga team,but yes Eusebio shouldn't be credited for it ,Rafinha was good player under him,most of us was scratching their heads that we loaned him and kept S.Roberto .(not taking anything from Lucho here ,he also helped him to get much better)
Alberto was good player with us,from a player that Sevilla hoped to get 4M max to a player they got 8M for him
And let's use your logic with Luch for example?
who has he developed with barca B?Pedro who was actually pep project?or Montoya who failed to make impact with 1st team?or Bartra who no matter how homers Barca fan are ,he isn't rated outside Barca fans and he is almost 24 years ,had many coaches after lucho and is still 5th choice CB?what about not even believing in Cuenca and loaning him and next season he was firing things up with pep and god only knows if he was injured how good he was gonna be?should we blame him that Thiago left since this is something coaches get blamed for now?or Tello who failed to learn anything but his lonly dribbling trick?
Barca stoped giving easy chances to our youth players once Pep left ,niether Tito or Tata was really bothering themselves to develop young players and take risks with them ,people seems to forget how frusterating many of our players was when their young at times,people hated Pep for playing Busquets over Yaya and their was times h looked not ready,Messi was very selfish until he was 21 .players develop but don't expect them to be a finished products when they get promoted
Look,I am not trying to say he is the best we can have as Barca B coach,but people are way too harsh onn him,mainly because he isn't applying Barca style of play ,but he isn't that bad tactically or in developing players either,may be not the best but not the worst choice either

Suárez was everything but a Man City reject. That kid was always bound to be a top player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Man City reject?

He was smart and ditched them once Barca came in for him the 2nd time.

No young player, no matter how talented he is has a chance at Man City.

DinhoR10

Suarez is class, he's only on loan because he's too good for B team but needs playing time while iniesta is still young (For a midfielder)

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
You guys do not even try to have a serious discussion. Just picked one tiny bit from his post and laugh about it.
And he wrote "almost" a reject.

Btw I am with you on the Suarez bit. He always was a promising player.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Anyway. In terms of this discussio,. Eusebio can't be doing that badly, can he? Samper and Adama have both progressed under him. And Deulofeu improved significantly in his second season under Eusebio.

Alarcón

You guys do not even try to have a serious discussion. Just picked one tiny bit from his post and laugh about it.
And he wrote "almost" a reject.

I fully agree. People here are so biased they disregard entire posts and don't even try to imagine that somehow what they think might not always be the undeniable truth, pick one small part and laugh about it instead of actually having a discussion.

I don't like Eusebio but if you have to look for 10 different excuses for 10 different players who improved a lot under his tutelage, then you know he must at least get some things right. I know many people want Vinyals to become the B coach but I don't rate him, I don't think he can completely convey our tactics and playing style to the players, his teams always play different from other Barça teams and I doubt it's due to the players.

khaled_a_d

Man City reject?

He was smart and ditched them once Barca came in for him the 2nd time.

No young player, no matter how talented he is has a chance at Man City.

when a good manager like Pellegrini and a gr8 sporting director like Txiki easily let him go just after 2 years from battling with us to get him? may be I don't use the right words ,but is that a player that Man City was rating highly or a player they didn't think he has bright future?
Now most ppl rates him way higher than he was there

I didn't say he wasn't promising,but he was a player that his club let go very easily,I would give credit to Zubi and Eusebio for proving them wrong

DonAK

when a good manager like Pellegrini and a gr8 sporting director like Txiki easily let him go just after 2 years from battling with us to get him? may be I don't use the right words ,but is that a player that Man City was rating highly or a player they didn't think he has bright future?
Now most ppl rates him way higher than he was there

Denis was voted as Man City's best youth player and was a star for them, but despite of all that, he rarely got a chance, even a call-up for the Man City senior team. I think the problem was and is still that Man City don't want to use their youth players, there is so much pressure on them to win and just win because of the money being spent so they keep buying players instead of even giving their youth players a decent chance.

Denis saw that and knew how it was like hence he moved to Barcelona and was arguably the best Barca B player last season. There is no guarantee that he will become a regular at Barcelona of course, but I personally rate him very highly and think he could come back and be an integral part of the team if his development goes in the right direction which it seems to be with good performances for Sevilla lately.

Look at Nastasic. He wasn't a Man City Academy player, but he was still a young, promising player who did very well for them once he got his chance, but after an injury plagued last season, Man City went out and splashed 40m on another very talented CB, Mangala.

Why do that when you already have one very talented and promising player in your ranks who also delivered when he got the chance? Now it looks like his career at Man City is over unless they get many injuries and he establishes himself in the team meanwhile.

The point is, Man City are not a club who will most of the times try out young talent even if they are very talented and have a bright future. It's different at Barcelona, atleast usually if we exclude Tito and Tata's tentures.

khaled_a_d

Denis was voted as Man City's best youth player and was a star for them, but despite of all that, he rarely got a chance, even a call-up for the Man City senior team. I think the problem was and is still that Man City don't want to use their youth players, there is so much pressure on them to win and just win because of the money being spent so they keep buying players instead of even giving their youth players a decent chance.

Denis saw that and knew how it was like hence he moved to Barcelona and was arguably the best Barca B player last season. There is no guarantee that he will become a regular at Barcelona of course, but I personally rate him very highly and think he could come back and be an integral part of the team if his development goes in the right direction which it seems to be with good performances for Sevilla lately.

Look at Nastasic. He wasn't a Man City Academy player, but he was still a young, promising player who did very well for them once he got his chance, but after an injury plagued last season, Man City went out and splashed 40m on another very talented CB, Mangala.

Why do that when you already have one very talented and promising player in your ranks who also delivered when he got the chance? Now it looks like his career at Man City is over unless they get many injuries and he establishes himself in the team meanwhile.

The point is, Man City are not a club who will most of the times try out young talent even if they are very talented and have a bright future. It's different at Barcelona, atleast usually if we exclude Tito and Tata's tentures.

I think my words are being taken out of its contest or I am just not using the right words,So just for not spinning around a mute point I take my "Man city reject " part back

DonAK

I think my words are being taken out of its contest or I am just not using the right words,So just for not spinning around a mute point I take my "Man city reject " part back

Maybe im not getting your point lol :p. If you mean that people might be hyping him up too much with their predictions and statements of him replacing Iniesta very soon then yes I agree with you, that they are premature statements, but if he keep doing well at Sevilla then I think he will be back and be an integral part of the team in a couple of seasons.

Or are you saying that Denis has improved under Eusebio and showed that Man City were wrong in letting him go :eusa_think:

Home of Barca Fans