Alen Halilović

Zangash

Banned
Ok, but he was injured only for around a Month.
In the last 2 Months before injury he was mostly warming the bench in Bteam.

(His injury is from February 12th, as a post on this page suggests)

Eh? That post was made for personal laughs. Wasn't saying anything about it worth arguing over.

We share the opinion that he won't be first team quality.

BBZ8800

Eh? That post was made for personal laughs. Wasn't saying anything about it worth arguing over.

We share the opinion that he won't be first team quality.

I agree. There isn't anything to argue about him currently because in the last few Months, he was either on the bench, or when he played, he was average the same as the whole team, plus lately he was injured.

If he'll show some improvements, we can start a new round of "fights" then.
If he won't improve, people will soon find another "the next big thing", so we will fight in his topic :lol:

Zangash

Banned
I agree. There isn't anything to argue about him currently because in the last few Months, he was either on the bench, or when he played, he was average the same as the whole team, plus lately he was injured.

If he'll show some improvements, we can start a new round of "fights" then.
If he won't improve, people will soon find another "the next big thing", so we will fight in his topic :lol:

Pretty sure the next big thing coming is Lee. I can only imagine the hype explosion when he turns 18 in January and scores a goal or two for the B team. :lol:

Kohe321

Pretty sure the next big thing coming is Lee. I can only imagine the hype explosion when he turns 18 in January and scores a goal or two for the B team. :lol:

Isn't the reason we're moving to horisontal stripes on the kit next season because that has tested well in Asia? Or something? :lol:

If Lee becomes a Barcelona star, there is certainly a huge pool of potential fans (and money :pep: ) in Asia, which would be awesome. Go Lee!

BBZ8800

Hope at least one of the "future Messi" 's makes it. :(

The good thing about new Messi's is that there is always ANOTHER ONE, and then ANOTHER ONE, and then ANOTHER ONE.
Currently only Halilovic and Lee are "the new Messi". But don't worry, if Lee flops, I can guarantee you that we will either buy another new Messi from some foreign country, or some of current 12-13-14-15 year old La Masia boys will turn into "the next big thing".

For example, in Croatia, the media were hyping Halilovic as the next Modric/Messi.
Now when he is sold and since now he is slightly stagnating, we need "a new the next big thing" for our people, lolololo...

This weekend we had a Croatian derby match between Dinamo and Hajduk, and media is already writting about 4 new gems (4 new Messi's/Modric's), lolololol...
The papers used to write every single day about Halilovic as the new Messi, when he was in Dinamo, and while he was "hot".
Now, its seems that people are b slightly bored of Halilovic, and the next episode of a hyping machine is starting, lol.

So, don't worry at all.
If someone from these guys turns into something=awesome
If not, the club and the media will in the shortest possible period find=some new, even better (lol!) candidates

It is repeating all the time in circles.
Just wait 2-3-5 more years and everyone will understand the pattern :)

for example, this guy, Ćorić, is now "the new Modric", and he is hyped to be even better than "previous" gems, as always:

In CRoatian papers you can already see articles how he is better than Boban, Prosinecki and Modric (and of course, better than Rakitic, Kovacic, Halilovic):
http://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/...rosineckog-i-modrica/802909.aspx?mobile=false

Just lol. This is how the hype machine works.
The new guy is always hyped to have much more potential than any previous proven /failed player/potential.

Last edited:

dakt

There's no guarantee for any player. About 10 years ago, Messi was just potential and so is any young player.
Look Kovacic for example. I think he is brilliant, but in order for him to succeed I think he should getthefuckout of Inter and find the club with a good coach that can raise him to gain confidence and technique. Now he's a youngster from whom everybody expect to carry the whole club. That is insane.
In that aspect I think Messi was lucky to have Pep and before him, Ronaldinho.

Back to Halilovic, it is his first year here....there is just no other but let him take more time to prove himself. I hope the new coach will help him in that. Good luck to him.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Well if I got substituted 26 minutes into the game while I'm playing for a freaking B team, I'd be pissed as well.

Home of Barca Fans