Alen Halilović

M

monamou

Needs to be promoted this summer according to his contract. Likely to go out on loan though, hopefully it's a decent destination.

Alik

Halilovic is young. Whether he gets loaned now and comes back, or stays and gets loaned later, there's plenty of time for him to develop.

dakt

Or.. Keep him and play him in Copa and let him learn from Messi. I'm kinda fed up with loans.

Maybe early stages of copa, but I'm more for a loan. I still don't see reason for him to be promoted.
If he cannot prove himself on loan (he might fall because of his ego)...then it's a sell case. Whatever happens, best of luck to him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If he stays then he'll be warming the bench for most of the season except a few Copa games or some paltry LL/CL minutes. He has many players ahead of him in the midfield positions and even in the front 3 he'll be behind MSN as expected and Pedro too. He doesn't warrant being a member of the 1st team either.

Not exactly the best conditions is it? It might seem good. Learn from Messi. But the kid gotta play football. Riding the bench the entire season and watching his team mates play isn't gonna do turn him into a good player. Learning + playing will. That's how it has worked for all great players starting as talented young players. Learning from their senior team mates and getting good minutes to display what they've learned, fail so they can learn from their mistakes, improve their skill set and game intelligence.

Zangash

Banned
He's still not remotely ready for the first team, imo. He's hardly performing for the B team, even. If he didn't have the promotion clause in his contract this wouldn't even be a discussion- he would remain with the B team, end of story. Playing him in the Copa does him no good. He could get minutes against trash opposition playing with the B team now, but he'd get it far more consistently.

He hasn't shown an ounce more humility than Deulofeu and his ability to fit into a team is seriously suspect. I don't get the ridiculous hype behind him. Send him on loan and if he doesn't impress, sell him and move on. If our own academy graduates can't receive treatment better than this I don't see why he should, either.

He doesn't show as much humility but on the pitch he shows more maturity at least and has shown alot of improvement workrate wise and has shown that he can play unselfishly when he wants to (kind of a contradiction there :lol: ) I don't think you can equate Alen to Deulofeu just yet as he's shown that he's maturing eve if not at an exponential rate.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He doesn't show as much humility but on the pitch he shows more maturity at least and has shown alot of improvement workrate wise and has shown that he can play unselfishly when he wants to (kind of a contradiction there :lol: ) I don't think you can equate Alen to Deulofeu just yet as he's shown that he's maturing eve if not at an exponential rate.

Yes, but Deulo was also the best player in the Segunda at Alen's age. Alen isn't on the same level. Not yet.

Galning

He's still not remotely ready for the first team, imo. He's hardly performing for the B team, even. If he didn't have the promotion clause in his contract this wouldn't even be a discussion- he would remain with the B team, end of story. Playing him in the Copa does him no good. He could get minutes against trash opposition playing with the B team now, but he'd get it far more consistently.

He hasn't shown an ounce more humility than Deulofeu and his ability to fit into a team is seriously suspect. I don't get the ridiculous hype behind him. Send him on loan and if he doesn't impress, sell him and move on. If our own academy graduates can't receive treatment better than this I don't see why he should, either.

Every time he has played with the first team though, he has played 10 levels above his Barça B performances. Obviously not ready for the first team but too good for Segunda Division B.

Zangash

Banned
Every time he has played with the first team though, he has played 10 levels above his Barça B performances. Obviously not ready for the first team but too good for Segunda Division B.

What? Halilovic hasn't played for the first team at all this season, aside from some cameos in pre-season, which hardly count.

Home of Barca Fans