Alen Halilović

[MENTION=13224]yahudi[/MENTION] it's cool.

On Deulofeu it's kind of his fault in a way I think. Lucho is a no nonsense coach so much so that he'll confront Messi of all people so a upstart from the B team isn't going to get to act however he wants around him. I'm sure if he came up to Lucho and was humble at the start of this year he'd have gotten Munir's mins and maybe have blossomed next to Messi. I hope he goes to a smaller team that starts him so he can build on his potential similarly to how Sterling got the opportunity to at Liverpool and even now I dopn't think Deulofeu is any worse than sterling is fast like him can dribble better and has a better shot. Hopefully he gets sold with a buy back to everton and we'll see how it goes from there.

Halilovic needs to learn from Deu's mistakes and hopefully he can impress Lucho this preseason or atleast get a good loan to maybe Werder Bremen.

Edit: Nevermind Deulofeu is better than sterling.

Last edited:

NICK

For me Alen Halilovic is by far the most talented youngster we have at the club. In my opinion he has everything to make it big- great technique - he runs at speed with the ball, he glides past players with ease, he has a good long shot on him from distance which will only improve and can pass aswell. He needs a little bit of extra strength to shrug off opponents and that will help his game a lot. When he gets promoted(if he stays and does not get loaned out) I am sure we will see that he will start picking his time when to dribble and pass better and learn a lot from playing with better players(when he gets the chance in the first team).
I have seen nearly every Barca B game this season as I like to keep up with our youngsters. For those that say he still tries to solo the game/try too much himself - yes I have seen him play as an individual where he tries a lot himself but there have also been games where he has tried to play a more team game aswell so he CAN do that. The problem is that the team has been so incompetent and disjointed this past season he has often produced nice moves and opened up defences only for others to then mess up what he started. No surprise he sometimes tries to do things himself when there were plenty of games where he was the ONLY attacking threat for us. To compare this individuality to someone like Adama is not right in my opinion. I have never seen Adama play any kind of team game whereas Alen has played with the team and in a fair few games passed far more than Adama. The problem with Adama is he does not seem to see anyone around him - whereas Alen is always looking around even when running at full speed. An example - look at that goal against Girona where he ran half the length of the pitch before scoring (you can see his head in one of the replays clearly). His head is up with quick head turns to scan the area while running at speed with the ball at his feet. It might seem like a small thing but it is something Adama does not or cannot do so those comparisons are not right. From my perspective he is the only ELITE talent that we have on the B team. No offence to the other younger ones. I hope all of our talented youngsters make it Adama, Samper, Munir etc... but Halilovic is for me above them in terms of his ceiling. Don't forget this is his first year in a new country at a young age, new language in an underperforming team and with that he seems to be the only player who has made any progress. He would be more comfortable as a number 10 or on the wing I think (more than central midfield as these are positions in which he could more easily utilize his strengths). He also seems very confident in his ability and does not shy away which for me is important. I had hopes for Samper(sadly he seems to have regressed), Munir and Adama and hope that they make it aswell but those opinions are for other threads. This thread is about Alen and as stated I have far higher hopes for him and think he has a far higher ceiling than the rest. Obviously he has to work on his game - his decisions will improve with the first team. He is an exciting prospect who has all the raw talent - just needs to knuckle down work hard, learn (decisions etc...) and gain some strength and experience. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No way. Hope Alen doesn't agree. There are plenty od clubs that would play him. Let Emery get his free backup players elsewhere

King5Puyi

I'd rather he goes to a smaller team in la liga than Sevilla like Celta or so. Otherwise, Portuguese /Dutch league.

Antimadridista1

He should stay in Spain and get used to the first division in my opinion.
I wouldn't mind a club like Celta Vigo or Gijon. They just sold Krohn Deli to Sevilla and may need another midfielder...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
West Ham loan rumor surfaced only a day after Croatian coach Bilić got appointed as the Hammers boss.
I don't like the notion of Alen going to England but under Bilić he would learn and play.

dakt

Oh man, I can only imagine how it feels to be Rakitic at this point. In Split, licking damn ice cream and having 3 trophies in his mind...knowing you'll be back in Barca to play with Messi again. Life is goood.

MessiDinho10

Oh man, I can only imagine how it feels to be Rakitic at this point. In Split, licking damn ice cream and having 3 trophies in his mind...knowing you'll be back in Barca to play with Messi again. Life is goood.

Don't forget his stunning soon-to-be wife :mou:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Bilić trained Croatia youth team while there played Modrić and co. and then took a lot of those youths to senior team when he took over. He is great at developing kids.

Home of Barca Fans