Alen Halilović

BBZ8800

Sport and Croatian papers say that Everton and West Ham are bidding around 6M Euros and they are trying to buy Halilovic (with a buyback option for Barcelona).

Also, it is said that Sevilla doesn't want to loan Halilovic, because their sporting director said that he is not good enough to play there.

Zangash

Banned
Sport and Croatian papers say that Everton and West Ham are bidding around 6M Euros and they are trying to buy Halilovic (with a buyback option for Barcelona).

Also, it is said that Sevilla doesn't want to loan Halilovic, because their sporting director said that he is not good enough to play there.

Imagine Everton taking Deulofeu and Halilovic in the same summer :lol:

I can only imagine the meltdown from those who think Halilovic is our next Messi, lol.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Who thinks he's the next Messi?

All your posts on this forum are either negative or mocking. Frankly, I don't know why we keep you around.

BBZ8800

All your posts on this forum are either negative or mocking. Frankly, I don't know why we keep you around.

But, Zangash is right on this.

For example:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/01/barcelona-alen-halilovic-next-lionel-messi
= have Barcelona found the next Lionel Messi in Alen Halilovic?

[video]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1978613-the-next-lionel-messi-how-barcelona-beat-arsenal-and-spurs-to-alen-halilovic[/video]
= The Next Lionel Messi? How Barcelona Beat Arsenal and Spurs to Alen Halilovic

Lately, journalists and fans are giving those tags too easily to too many players.

Zangash

Banned

A very common opinion that I see is that he's the next Messi, or something along those lines. Twitter was exploding when he came on against Galaxy wearing the same #30 that Messi wore. He's rated far too highly for his actual level of quality, imo.

Edit: To say all my posts are negative or mocking might be taking it to a bit of an extreme. If I'm breaking any rules feel free to let me know and I'll clean my act up.

Last edited:

raki

But, Zangash is right on this.

For example:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/01/barcelona-alen-halilovic-next-lionel-messi
= have Barcelona found the next Lionel Messi in Alen Halilovic?

[video]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1978613-the-next-lionel-messi-how-barcelona-beat-arsenal-and-spurs-to-alen-halilovic[/video]
= The Next Lionel Messi? How Barcelona Beat Arsenal and Spurs to Alen Halilovic

Lately, journalists and fans are giving those tags too easily to too many players.

Who gives a fuck about the messi tag? Even read that Kais Ruiz, just a kid with 12 is the next messi. lol

All i see is users bashing the youth players. In 2014 it was the A team. 2015 it´s the B.

Culés my ass: bandwagoners on sucess.

Egert

Estonian Culé
B midfielder Alen Halilovic (19) could leave in 6M deal with buy-back option. Everton and West Ham made bid. Player prefers West Ham [sport]

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Our B team is being picked apart.

I am really disappointed in certain youngesters (Adama and Halilovic for example) for having no patience whatsoever and being drenched in the sense of entitlement that they deserve to be promoted at such a young age to the first team. They don't deserve it, they should work for it. Especially in the case of Halilovic, he barely got here, what does he expect?

I guess for the coming season we will have get a new crop of players for our B team?

BBZ8800

Who gives a fuck about the messi tag? Even read that Kais Ruiz, just a kid with 12 is the next messi. lol

All i see is users bashing the youth players. In 2014 it was the A team. 2015 it´s the B.

Culés my ass: bandwagoners on sucess.

That's right.
Users who dare to say that some of our youngsters are not good enough for Barca, or that they are not a new Messi, or that the whole current generation of youth players is very average=are bandwagoners.

A good one.

Zangash

Banned
Our B team is being picked apart.

I am really disappointed in certain youngesters (Adama and Halilovic for example) for having no patience whatsoever and being drenched in the sense of entitlement that they deserve to be promoted at such a young age to the first team. They don't deserve it, they should work for it. Especially in the case of Halilovic, he barely got here, what does he expect?

I guess for the coming season we will have get a new crop of players for our B team?

Yes. There will be a large amount of players from Juvenile A coming to Barca B in the coming season. we will have practically an entirely new defense, midfield, and, by the looks of it even a new front line, although a lot of these differences look to consist of many players who simply rode the bench or were dropped back to Juvenil A last season.

Zangash

Banned
That's right.
Users who dare to say that some of our youngsters are not good enough for Barca, or that they are not a new Messi, or that the whole current generation of youth players is very average=are bandwagoners.

A good one.

You know, I used to be like that. The hype machine behind La Masia players and shiny young superstars can be quite incredible, can't it? Luckily Lucho is the one who makes all the decisions, whether I agree with them or not, and not these fans who consider anyone who doesn't think they're current hyped youngster is the next big thing to be an enemy.

BBZ8800

You know, I used to be like that. The hype machine behind La Masia players and shiny young superstars can be quite incredible, can't it? Luckily Lucho is the one who makes all the decisions, whether I agree with them or not, and not these fans who consider anyone who doesn't think they're current hyped youngster is the next big thing to be an enemy.

I remember you 100%.

Your posts were annoying (for me) in the past, because you were hailing all of our young players in every post, all the time.
You even attacked me a few times how I am a pessimist when I said that Halilovic, Adama, Deulo and some others won't make it here.

What is worse, I would personally assume that someone is a bandwagoner if he blindly believes that La Masia is as golden as the hype says.
Older fans are much more cautious about the next big thing, and the best generation ever (the same story every year).

Zangash

Banned
I remember you 100%.

Your posts were annoying (for me) in the past, because you were hailing all of our young players in every post, all the time.
You even attacked me a few times how I am a pessimist when I said that Halilovic, Adama, Deulo and some others won't make it here.

What is worse, I would personally assume that someone is a bandwagoner if he blindly believes that La Masia is as golden as the hype says.
Older fans are much more cautious about the next big thing, and the best generation ever (the same story every year).

What changed me was a combination of watching the B team every -single- week, and having discussions with you, interestingly enough. When you hold out pure belief that a player has what it takes when you have only a small sample size (Obviously of positive performances) and articles/word of mouth hyping up a young player it's kind of hard to handle. Of course, watching for myself actually makes the excitement for certain players much higher. Seeing Samper play compared to seeing Adama play makes it clear who I should really be excited for. Even the players less people talk about, like Sergi Palencia, show signs of promise that make them worth keeping an eye on before the hype train gets started (By this time next season he'll probably be seen as our next legendary RB by some fans, lol).

Home of Barca Fans