Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

DucdeOrléans

I do but I am not surprised that you missed what I IN FACT wrote and not what you would have LIKED me to have written.

"It's actually the last thing I can be called". I as in me as a person not necessarily a person with a multiethnic background. (although this have made me open to diversity due to my upbringing and languages/cultures I know)

And you know that my example of persons brought up/from multiethnic backgrounds SHOULD and tend to be more open to diversity for obvious reasons. My Mulatto example (although simple) does make sense. Unlike your "arguments".

Last edited:

Jenks

I do but I am not surprised that you missed what I IN FACT wrote and not what you would have LIKED me to have written.

"It's actually the last thing I can be called". I as in me as a person not necessarily a person with a multiethnic background. (although this have made me open to diversity due to my upbringing and languages/cultures I know)

I'm not being selective, you are. I quoted your whole statement. Here, I'll do it again if you like.

"And a person with my multiethnic background can hardly be called a racist. It's actually the last thing I can be called. And sorry to disappoint you but I have very distant English/British ancestry as well."

You clearly state that someone with a multiethnic background "can hardly be called a racist", and then go on to imply that having English ancestry somehow means that you're not an Anglophobe. Another assertion I didn't make by the way, before you construct another straw man...

And you know that my example of persons brought up/from multiethnic backgrounds SHOULD and tend to be more open to diversity for obvious reasons. My Mulatto example (although simple) does make sense. Unlike your "arguments".

Perhaps you're still confused, but this is your straw man argument. Multiethnic people less likely to be racist? I never claimed otherwise.

DucdeOrléans

You are being selective since I already gave you an clear explanation. Not only in my latest post but in all those that followed.

The quote of mind you are quoting now does not change anything in that regard. (and try to quote the whole post instead of pieces of it, pretty misleading)

So if you are not disagreeing with my assumption what is the problem then?:lol:

You are the confused one not me since I have already said everything there is to say on this matter. Whether you like it or not I could not care less about.

In short: Go troll somewhere else.

Last edited:

Jenks

His mentality was admirable, he never looked phased and always tried to play his game, but I do think the media is getting a bit carried away by his performance. Likening it to the way Rooney or Owen burst onto the scene is going way over the top.

Robbie

At least it will never get to his head. Ox's dad was a professional footballer who played for England, and will make sure he keeps his feet on the ground.

Robbie

You mean corrupted by England. Happened to Ashley Cole, but hasn't yet happened to Wilshere and Chamberlain. You never know, though... maybe in a few years they'll have a WAG hanging onto their arm and signing for Chelsea.

M

mitkoa7x

Speaking of Wilshere, what is his injury exactly? When is he expected back?

Robbie

He played over 50 games the season before, and then ended up having a stress fracture in his ankle. The Arsenal physios wanted to try to let it heal naturally, but it wasn't healing fast enough so he got surgery after several months of waiting. He's doing a lot better now, but needs time to get match fitness. I believe he'll be able to play in the preseason matches and will be back better than ever next season.

Jenks

He played over 50 games the season before, and then ended up having a stress fracture in his ankle. The Arsenal physios wanted to try to let it heal naturally, but it wasn't healing fast enough so he got surgery after several months of waiting. He's doing a lot better now, but needs time to get match fitness. I believe he'll be able to play in the preseason matches and will be back better than ever next season.

You're missing out the parts where they tried to rush him back and he got another fracture, and now the knee surgery he's just had. I don't know if it's poor physios at Arsenal, or something with the training regime, but all these injures can't be a coincidence. They're happening all the time with Arsenal. Every season it's the same.

M

mitkoa7x

I hope he recovers quickly and stays away from serious injuries in the future.

Home of Barca Fans