Alex Song

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Song made some mistakes (he's no Busquets at short quick passes) but overall I do agree that he's a worthy backup.
He's no Yaya either, that's for sure, but that was a tall order to begin with.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
He played okay,,, he looks like a robot out there compared to Biscuits... I was very happy he scored

Alik

The fact that Song scored already puts him up there as one of the better players last game.

Am really glad Messi picked him out and he didn't disappoint.

X

xaviniesta

The fact that Song scored already puts him up there as one of the better players last game.

not sure if serious.....

PS now i know why everybody hates valdes here. it's because he doesnät score! how did i never noticed it before :facepalm:

Last edited:

sabby

The only way song will get better is playing at DMF not at CB. But his main disadvantage is gives too many ball away and commits too many fouls.

Arachnid

The only way song will get better is playing at DMF not at CB. But his main disadvantage is gives too many ball away and commits too many fouls.

Why sign one of the best box - to - box and then use him for anything but that? He's not a static 4 like Busquets, let alone a CB. His place is clearly up in there, attacking, not defending.

Sad thing is that non-Arsenal fans will never see the actual Song, playing in his actual spot.

Boris

You can see in every game, he tends to go forward, and after few moments realizes it's not his job, so he kinda get's lost in the formation. That's the only thing I have to say, everything else was great, he's improving in every aspect. :wub:

X

xaviniesta

You can see in every game, he tends to go forward, and after few moments realizes it's not his job, so he kinda get's lost in the formation.

he only goes forward to create space for xavi. same job as busquets does for xavi. as soon as xavi goes into space with the ball he recovers his position. i didn't see any runs forward from him.

Boris

yes I'm aware of that, but all players must do that. Also this saragosa is quite weak, so his positioning was unnoticable. Not that I want to make it sound bad... infact I'd want him to play more often in that position, he's courageous and sometimes we miss that straightness. Even with the risk of few lost balls, I like it.

Ocurrente

1353266310545.jpg

puyi's face

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Performance wise his game against Alaves was a bit of a mixed bag.

He had moments of brilliance in his sliding tackles and dispossessing Alaves on a number of occasion. Then again, he seemed to lack in his passing and fluidity.

X

xaviniesta

second half he was even good id say, there was one sequence particular i liked near the end of the game when he played really nicely out of the back with linking several players.

in first half his main problem was that he could find a way forward, often his passes went to puyi or masche. when he tried a deep pass forward between the lines in the beginning and he failed with like 4/5 meters to find sergi roberto i just grabbed my head. but as i said he growed throughout the game, one of his blocks, when masch was out of position, was especially nice near the end of the game.

stil no convinced. way too robotic and slow. good use in those games though, gives rest to busquets. theres nothing bad or arrogant about it.

barcanuck

He is a utility player, as long as he doesn't cost us anything, he is what Keita was, a good player to put in certain types of situations.

Home of Barca Fans