Alex Song

X

xaviniesta

i think song is a great exaple for all one those who say after bad games that we need to sign this and this player. like sell valdes and buy lloris etc. shows you how difficult it is actually to integrate into this team, it doesnt matter how many assists he gave last season or how many throughball or how many saves foster made last night. barca is a whole different level in terms of their philosphy and reading of the game. no wonder why they have so many players in the squad atm in their ranks.

as for defending song, the midfield is definately the hardest position to adapt in barca though...

cloned warrior

its just not about bad games its about his utility in the team cant seem to understand why was he brought
he is tall, Defensive mid, can distribute ball better! but can he distribute ball better than sergio roberto??

P

PhilS

its just not about bad games its about his utility in the team cant seem to understand why was he brought
he is tall, Defensive mid, can distribute ball better! but can he distribute ball better than sergio roberto??

Sergi Roberto is not going to play DM, he'll only be at the two further up midfield positions. The team does not want to play Dos Santos at all. Masch is a full-time CB. So, Busquets had no backup at all before Song arrived. Song is a fine player, he can pass, dribble, shoot, defend, head the ball. I think his second position will eventually be late game defensive replacement for Xavi, Iniesta or Cesc, like Keita used to do. It takes a while to get used to playing the Barca way, we saw that for Song yesterday.

Arachnid

Sergi Roberto is not going to play DM, he'll only be at the two further up midfield positions. The team does not want to play Dos Santos at all. Masch is a full-time CB. So, Busquets had no backup at all before Song arrived. Song is a fine player, he can pass, dribble, shoot, defend, head the ball. I think his second position will eventually be late game defensive replacement for Xavi, Iniesta or Cesc, like Keita used to do. It takes a while to get used to playing the Barca way, we saw that for Song yesterday.

It takes a while to get used to change gears and play in a completely different position. Song is a box-to-box, a post that doesn't exist in Barcelona.

veryfatchocobo

lol I was going to post and say that. He's a box-to-box midfielder like Keita. Busquets is a lone DM. He's more of a libero (Marquez lol) than a midfielder. It really sucks that Tito wanted Song as a DM and CB backup...

Arachnid

lol I was going to post and say that. He's a box-to-box midfielder like Keita. Busquets is a lone DM. He's more of a libero (Marquez lol) than a midfielder. It really sucks that Tito wanted Song as a DM and CB backup...

He would be better used as an AM adding attacking presence than as a defensive player. Don't know what Tito was thinking.

hellsangel1

I actually much prefer Keita to Song who was underrated here in these forums and at Barca. He didn't slow the game down and wasn't lacking in pace the way Song is and his distribution was much better. We just paid too much money for a player who isn't needed for a role we already had a better player for.

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

I gotta say I don't remember Song being so dang frigid at Arsenal. I remember him being more agile and fluid in his movements. Now he looks frozen every time he gets the ball and he runs like he's hauling a trailer of bricks. I don't know maybe he looks kinda bad because of who is surrounding him but I think he needs to improve a lot. As he improves, I'm sure he'll look more natural and his abilities going forward will be shown (through balls). For me Busquets is a class above right now.

Meitux

i dont understand why we did buy him,he is a good player but he wasnt so much necessary.After Keita's departure a backup was need because they thought they found a good cb in Mascherano and didnt even mention to see options for defense and even more Tito's stupid idea to buy a dm and playing him into cb and dm thats just stupid..We need defender and we need him now cause as its proven we cant continue with Mascherano anymore

Trickykid

i dont understand why we did buy him,he is a good player but he wasnt so much necessary.After Keita's departure a backup was need because they thought they found a good cb in Mascherano and didnt even mention to see options for defense and even more Tito's stupid idea to buy a dm and playing him into cb and dm thats just stupid..We need defender and we need him now cause as its proven we cant continue with Mascherano anymore

Breaking fucking news...

Home of Barca Fans