Alex Song

JackSparrow

Next to Iniesta he was our best man on the pitch today. I am really happy with his performances. Everytime he plays he is rock solid or good.

N

Noldorin

Very solid game from Song today, indeed. He brought the same calm to the game that Busquets usually does (and Xavi of course, in a slightly different way). Would be very wise to rotate him with Busquets in the future. Maybe 1/4-1/3 of the games he should start.

Good to know we can rest Busquets more often. Speaking of resting, we can rest Xavi more often as well, if Thiago continues playing like he did this game.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I really like how he gets out of sticky situations in our own box... He needs to polish his passes a tiny bit, but maybe that's because of his lack of playing time... Anyway, I'm just glad that he's turning out to be quite a decent signing...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Ice in his veins but lead in his feet, although it's ok, it looks like he has been working pretty hard on his game.

pawanme10

I didn't praise him for his great game yet.
So here goes->
Superb game from Song against Getafe. Never expected him to play so well and he got out of sticky situations so easily with just 1 or 2 touches. :worthy:
He also has this added advantage of running down the wings sometimes, I think we are going to benefit from this very soon.
Though not at bossquets level, he will soon get there I believe, a true challenger to our lone pivot spot. :D

Pepe Silvia

If we bring a CB next season, Either him or mascherano will leave, And it's most likely song.
even though he's friends with messi, i see mascherano as the one of those two leaving. i was thinking about masch just the other day, and he really has no place in the line up anymore except as a squad player. in that case, i'd love to keep him around he is the perfect squad player and if tito convinces him to stay, that wouldn't hurt anything. but of the two, song is the more effective in the passing system. i guess it all depends on how much mascherano cares about starting and minutes.

Garrus

Mascherano can cover both the DM and CB spot (in case of an injury crisis), Song will only be a DM for us, I don't think the coaching staff can overlook this, If he leaves i'll be pretty shocked.

jairzinho

Judging from the posts above, i guess Masch has yet to prove to any of you that he is reliable and solid at the CB position.

Pepe Silvia

he is reliable against smaller sides (very) but its been widely acknowledged that he is exposed against stronger sides at cb. i love masch but he should not be considered a starting cb. as a backup? 100%.

Home of Barca Fans