Alex Song

Arachnid

So did you. People have their opinions and want to talk about those online. I haven't seen anyone claim they would do a better job running the squad.

I do claim that.

Actually, I claim that any random individual getting names out of a hat would do a better job than them.

Arachnid

:lol: see, these are the people I was talking about

But honestly... look at our transfers for the last few seasons... that's not something that should have you brimming with confidence in the people doing the signings. The opposite is pretty much the only reasonable action.

Arachnid

Who would you buy? How much would you pay? Who will cover Busquets in case of injury/tiredness?

I guess that the same guy who will do that once Tito realizes that Song won't stay put in the middle and is therefore unplayable there. JDS, maybe Ilie if JDS is on his way out. Agostinho Ca? A combo Xavi + another AM?

JamDav1982

Think Barcelona have got this one badly wrong.

Song is not good enough defensively or positionaly to play as a DM for Arsenal so what makes them think he can do it in the Barcelona team?

The only postion he can play is as more of a box to box player and he wont do that at Barca.

Terrible signing for anything close to £20m.

Song would turn out great at DM and midfield last 10 mins sub

to be frank this player is too good to be happy with that amount of time at any club and i cant see how he d get more

Last edited:

Pepe Silvia

Passes brilliantly with both feet. Adds more midfield muscle (now they will have to get through Song to get to Mascherano whereas last year in Europe, there was this huge gap of open space between Busquets and CBs). I will welcome this transfer.

JamDav1982

Passes brilliantly with both feet. Adds more midfield muscle (now they will have to get through Song to get to Mascherano whereas last year in Europe, there was this huge gap of open space between Busquets and CBs). I will welcome this transfer.

He wont fill that gap, he will be out of position and struggling to get back into it.

Pepe Silvia

He is a utility player and someone accustomed to playing defensive roles. It's only recently that he's stepped up in a more defined role but versatility is one of his strengths, so I don't imagine him struggling at all.

Home of Barca Fans