Alex Song

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
To be honest, Hamzah was actually young when Makalele was super duper awesome.

Anyway, this deal seams to be more of a farce than anything Barcelona has pulled through. They go in with a 'steal' of 15 million, Arsenal some how ask for 20 and Barcelona would settle for 18. I swear the Albiol deal was better than this and the Albiol deal was pretty darn shit, complete waste of money. Barcelona through sheer support for tiki taka have financed the Arsenal stadium. I wish they had financed the Valencia stadium instead...oh wait!

I mean we aren't a club to talk, but this is funny...

until Song scores against Real Madrid

Der Kaiser

Anyway, this deal seams to be more of a farce than anything Barcelona has pulled through. They go in with a 'steal' of 15 million, Arsenal some how ask for 20 and Barcelona would settle for 18. I swear the Albiol deal was better than this and the Albiol deal was pretty darn shit, complete waste of money. Barcelona through sheer support for tiki taka have financed the Arsenal stadium. I wish they had financed the Valencia stadium instead...oh wait!

You´re right, better spend 40m on a sub for Özil.

Arachnid

No, no, you are right. The Suits seem more interested in signing expensive names so they can get big ass commissions than in actually signing the people we need (an actual CB, anyone?)

Now, there's similar stuff going on at Madrid, I mean, those suspicious Mendes signings, like Coentrao, right? This will be the early 2000's all over, with greed ruining both clubs.

Der Kaiser

Funny how people on an internet forum seem to know 10 times more about what the team needs than the coach who has been with the players for 4 years. If Tito thinks we need a DM, then we buy a DM. Get over it and stop hating players that haven´t even been to training for us.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Don't get me wrong I have seen makelele play. My post did actually say song will probably not reach his level. The point I was trying to make is he has lots of raw talent

He will never be as good defensively but he is a more complete player and has a lot of talent that's still not used properly. If he comes and Tito drills him and disciplines him he can be a fantastic player.

Arachnid

Funny how people on an internet forum seem to know 10 times more about what the team needs than the coach who has been with the players for 4 years. If Tito thinks we need a DM, then we buy a DM. Get over it and stop hating players that haven´t even been to training for us.

That would make sense if the managers and directives had been making flawless judgements for the last seasons... but they've not only been far from flawless, I can't think of a single really successful transfer who's actually worked in the place he was hired for since... Alves, I guess.

Der Kaiser

That would make sense if the managers and directives had been making flawless judgements for the last seasons... but they've not only been far from flawless, I can't think of a single really successful transfer who's actually worked in the place he was hired for since... Alves, I guess.

Yes, Pep and Rosell have made some bad decisions regarding transfer targets in the past, but this is Tito´s era now. We´ve signed Alba for a very good price, and last year we got Alexis for less than others would´ve paid and Cesc for pocket money (34m for a player like him, insane compared to what other clubs are spending these days), so there´s definitly improvement and that area. I think Tito has learned from Pep´s mistakes (probably his mistakes too since they worked together), and if we get Song for around 20m, it would be another good piece of business since it´s again below his market value. Wether Song is the right man for our team is to be seen, but financially it would be a good deal IMO.

Meitux

Yes, Pep and Rosell have made some bad decisions regarding transfer targets in the past, but this is Tito´s era now. We´ve signed Alba for a very good price, and last year we got Alexis for less than others would´ve paid and Cesc for pocket money (34m for a player like him, insane compared to what other clubs are spending these days), so there´s definitly improvement and that area. I think Tito has learned from Pep´s mistakes (probably his mistakes too since they worked together), and if we get Song for around 20m, it would be another good piece of business since it´s again below his market value. Wether Song is the right man for our team is to be seen, but financially it would be a good deal IMO.
i think ibrahimovic is the most failed transfer for barcelona so much money and eto'o...... that was the biggest mistake

Hatem Ben Arfa

Ibrahimovic was no failed transfer.

I think Pep was lacking in man management skills on that occasion.

Getting rid of Eto'o was another huge mistake though.

yeswecan

1f845d70ca59.jpg

he is gonna rock with those through balls.

Last edited:

Arachnid

"Good" players are not necessarily "needed" players. Clearly neither Cesc nor Alexis were the answer when it came to winning relevant titles. And in Spain Managers tend to have less power when deciding transfer targets than in many other places, so I don't think it's fair to put all the blame solely on their shoulders.

Now, are Zubi, Tito or whoever makes the decisions here perfect? No. Are they prone to terribly dumb mistakes? Yeah. Criticism is 100% warranted in this case.

Home of Barca Fans