Alex Song

MaestroXavi

The servant
Song to bench Messi :song:
But seriously by the time he came on I had already lost hope in the game and just payed attention to him,he really positioned himself well considering the limited amount of time he was at Barca and the fact he doesn't speak catalan,passing was great and if he trains hard and improves his understanding of Barca like Alves did he could potentially be a Yaya with more playing time,I just hope he gives Busquets tough competition and hope Busquets doesn't react badly to it

desoe

He didn't do anything special (didn't have the chance, too), but the good thing is he looked confident and aware what he has to do on the pitch. His positioning and movement looked good, he was far from confused about his role. He covered Pique when he moved forward and that sweet little pass to Messi was really... erm, sweet.

Some of you guys overreacted of course. Just for example, Cesc's debut last year was far more impressive in terms of general impact to the game.

abual3bed1

Alexander Song
Tomorrow i will play vs Valencia!! i'm really happy for this news.
Like · · Share · 405 · 3 minutes ago ·

I'm not sure if it's an official page for him on Facebook ..

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Alexander Song
Tomorrow i will play vs Valencia!! i'm really happy for this news.
Like · · Share · 405 · 3 minutes ago ·

I'm not sure if it's an official page for him on Facebook ..

Probably bs, as I doubt Tito goes onto revealing the line-ups this early before the game.

DennyCrane

nobody liked him, suddenly after 15 mins, he is great. Well ...mkay :song:

Yep, 15 mins played and about ten passes is a sufficient basis for evaluating a player. Sit back, relax and watch him get torn to shreds after he misplaces a pass, dives, "sucks balls" because he married a celebrity or whatever.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Messi doesn't speak Catalan?

He claims he can but he refuses to give interviews in Catalan. I believe he speaks Catalan the way I speak Spanish - able to understand and somewhat communicate but it's not pretty.

The point is, something tells me he's not communicating with his teammates regularly in that language.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
He claims he can but he refuses to give interviews in Catalan. I believe he speaks Catalan the way I speak Spanish - able to understand and somewhat communicate but it's not pretty.

The point is, something tells me he's not communicating with his teammates regularly in that language.

It's mind-boggling how he has lived in Catalunya for an enormous amount of time and still can't properly master it.

I learnt mine in approx. 11 months, and even though I don't use it as much as I used to - I still get by when needed.

Barcilliant

I hope he gets mins and plays well. Too many 'untouchable' players at Barca. Too many are too comfortable. We need more competition for places.

Isaac_Cuenca23

Error-free start for Alex Song

The Cameroonian didn’t make a single bad pass at the Santiago Bernabéu in his impressive debut in a Barça shirt

View attachment 6008

“It was not the result we wanted, but it was a good match for me” he said after the match

He made 18 passes, and every single one was good. That was as impeccable a start from Alex Song as any FCB fan could have wished for. It was also him who supplied the ball to Leo Messi for the chance that would have won the Spanish Supercup in the final seconds of injury time.

It was not just a matter of statistics. In his 19 minutes on the Bernabéu turf, Alex Song looked remarkably self-assured. His first touch was excellent and he had no trouble connecting with his team-mates when Barça were battling against the clock to find a cup-winning goal.

“It was not the result we wanted, but it was a good match for me” he said after the match. “We had chances to win, but Casillas made a lot of fine saves … I have felt really good in my first few days here. The players and manager have given me a nice welcome. They’ve given me helpful advice and I think I’ll adapt quickly”.

Tito Vilanova said that Barça’s latest signing “played some good minutes and helped us out”. The Cameroonian came on for Sergio Busquets “because he looked very tired to me. He has played a lot of games with his desire to cover the whole of the pitch”. The Catalan midfielder was thoroughly impressed with the man who took his place. “He’ll bring a lot of joy to Barça because he’s a good player and he had a great game today”.

The FC Barcelona coach hinted that in games where Barça are ahead, Song might also be used in combination with Busquets, meaning Xavi can be rested.

From the official website

Home of Barca Fans