Alex Song

Trickykid

Song's got the speed of continental drift. Don't say I didn't warn you. Puyol is the only defender we have who can outrun somebody, the rest tend to be left behind.

Really? I'd wager that both Masch and Pique (when in full stride) are quite a bit faster than Puyol.

F

Flavia

He's not a cb. And he wasn't the best defender, he got caugh out of position and was outpaced several times. I really hope to never see him playing as cb again.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Never deploy him as a CB again... His positioning was dreadful, I don't blame him as he is not used to play there, but Tito please use him in midfield...

Arachnid

Really? I'd wager that both Masch and Pique (when in full stride) are quite a bit faster than Puyol.

Full stride? Maybe Piqué, with the long legs. Sadly this is not a long distance race. Puyol's got the sudden turn of speed and the acceleration in short distances required to chase a footballer.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Only use him in the midfield. Bartra is a better option @ CB than him.

Tito can experiment with a Del Bosquesque double-pivot of Busquets and Song w/ 4 in the back if he wants to protect leads.

hellsangel1

Full stride? Maybe Piqué, with the long legs. Sadly this is not a long distance race. Puyol's got the sudden turn of speed and the acceleration in short distances required to chase a footballer.

Puyol is not faster than either Masch or Pique at the moment, certainly not Masch.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Thing is, it's not a bad signing if the board would have just bought back Botía. He's a big guy who can bully people off the ball, which he did perfectly last weekend against CR7. We have enough creativity with the ball.

Home of Barca Fans