Alex Song

Trickykid

I remember that happening very rarely. Because Puyi is quite fast, unlike Mascherano.

Haha, well, you're entitled to to your oppinion of course, but - as mighty as he is - I've frankly never heard anyone praise the current state Puyol for his speed before.

Arachnid

Haha, well, you're entitled to to your oppinion of course, but - as mighty as he is - I've frankly never heard anyone praise the current state Puyol for his speed before.

Sure, he's not his old self. Sadly he's still faster than Piqué, Song, Mascherano, even Bartra. Let's not even mention Fontàskenstein.

Ursegor

World Champion
I can't believe this. I'm FUMING right now. Why in the fucking fuck is Song ahead of Bartra in the pecking order for the CB spot all of a sudden?! Especially after Bartra had such a promising pre-season??? Song is not even a centreback. FSS. Mourinho playing a 19 year old against City but Tito puts Song ahead of Bartra against Spartak?! REALLY?! :facepalm:

PearLBLacK

Banned
Mourinho playing a 19 year old against City but Tito puts Song ahead of Bartra against Spartak?! REALLY?! :facepalm:

Mou is already a proven world class coach. Tito can't afford to take the risks that Jose takes. Any mistake and he'd get burned tenfold; "inexperienced manager; stupid decision by amateur coach; etc." So, it's natural for Jose to start a youngster and Tito to decide against it.

F

Flavia

I can't believe this. I'm FUMING right now. Why in the fucking fuck is Song ahead of Bartra in the pecking order for the CB spot all of a sudden?! Especially after Bartra had such a promising pre-season??? Song is not even a centreback. FSS. Mourinho playing a 19 year old against City but Tito puts Song ahead of Bartra against Spartak?! REALLY?! :facepalm:
That's what Tito said about Bartra and Song:

The Barça manager explained that “I could have sent in Marc Bartra for Piqué but there was a lot of time left on the clock and Marc hasn’t played a full game yet this year. Song, on the other hand, was brought in for this purpose and he has more experience.” The manager added that “Song is a player that brings the ball out well from the back because he’s played in the pivot position many times before.” On Bartra and Fontàs, Vilanova added that “they need to wait for their opportunity to play.”

Henry_IB

Banned
So he admits we bought Song because in their skewed reality of the world, apart from playing DM, he has the ability to properly cover the CB position. What a joke.

Not hating on Song, not his fault.

Obviously I might be too early in my judgement, he might grow into it and for all we know become masch v2.0 but I very strongly doubt it.

Last edited:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
That's what Tito said about Bartra and Song:

The Barça manager explained that “I could have sent in Marc Bartra for Piqué but there was a lot of time left on the clock and Marc hasn’t played a full game yet this year. Song, on the other hand, was brought in for this purpose and he has more experience.” The manager added that “Song is a player that brings the ball out well from the back because he’s played in the pivot position many times before.” On Bartra and Fontàs, Vilanova added that “they need to wait for their opportunity to play.”

We played russian roulette today and survived but I sure hope Tito isn't thinking about throwing Song out there as a CB for the next 3 weeks.

Just play a double-pivot of Busquets and Song... Alba (Adriano), Bartra, Mascherano, Alves... Xavi and Iniesta pull the strings for the likes of Messi, Villa, and Pedro.

^^^^ I was just typing all that and had to question it but Tito is going to have to get creative with his lineups.

Ursegor

World Champion
The manager added that “Song is a player that brings the ball out well from the back because he’s played in the pivot position many times before.”

Oh. He can "bring the ball out well from the back". Ok, then. That's enough to be a centreback for Barcelona. Why not play Messi there? He can bring the ball out from the back even better and he likes to drop deep anyway. False 9, false 10 and the next evolution: false defense. :worthy:

5:45 Song's "defending" skills. Run towards the striker, do nothing and watch him run past you. 6:45 even better. He's dragged so much out of position, crossing the halfway line. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Last edited:

jamrock

thats a crap excuse, he was just afraid, and as pep said thier is not good and bad managers, just those that are brave and those who arent.
its either that are bartra is not good enough in his eyes in which case he shouldnt be in the squad. he was reportedly more impressed by muni in pre season training, so maybe if he were fit he would have played.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
The first goal shouldn't stand... It's offside. Alex was unlucky with the interference

Regarding his mistake during the buildup for second goal, and at 5:45, that's pathetic. One should not be fooled so easily from a mere cutting-in!!

Home of Barca Fans